Pusateri's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

Unsafe and toxic place to work
Culinary Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
I’ve worked here for 8 months and what I have noticed is that the management is veg unprofessional they don’t care about you in any way. When they hire you they tell you we promise advancement but that is a lie, this location is a very toxic place to work their is constant drama happening in certain departments . The break room is extremly unsafe for health related issues. I am not the type of person to complain but I have never worked for a company where the management is extremly unprofessional. Do not recommend to work for this company
Pros
Their are no positive aspects
Cons
Unsafe environment
Had a decent break room with a tv and netflix
fine foods ON Oakville - Fish clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 July 2018
Hard management mostly clueless, new faces every week and an aura of distaste some of the managers are cool no doubt most are unusually cruel and picky.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Terrible management
Productive work
Meat Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
Work day would include cleaning, preparing food and customer service. Management was easy to work with. Workplace culture can be a bit sexist, which was a difficult part for me.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Cons
sexist work environment
Would not recommend
culinary department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2018
Endless work, rude customers.
The only upside to working here is the people you work with.
otherwise, it's a mess that feels like you're in full blown communism.
- Gross working conditions, considering that its a brand new building.
- being watched over like a hawk
- management really needs to not.
Pros
sometimes they give free food before it expires
Cons
being watched over like a hawk, Gross working conditions considering that its a brand new building
Great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
Management and employees are very friendly. The atmosphere is great. Easily able to communicate with management if any issues come up. Management is also very supportive of career advancements and opportunities.
good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
It is a good workplace. The company respects its employees, management provides a flexible schedule for part-timers. I would recommend it as an entry-level job.
Always busy in putting out all products.
Pastry expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
its all about our customers. Dealing with different types of customers from class. Providing a customized and most friendly service to them.
Merchandising all products in Pastry, bread and coffee bar.
Greet them with smile as soon as they come in. Acknowledge their needs and to be as helpful as you can. Answers all inquiries and questions truthfully and honestly.
Follow the company's values and mission, to have pride and to be proud of what you to.
Pros
free food taste, like cakes and breads. (new items)
Cons
requires lifting of boxes (8-10 kg)
The manager was not very pleasant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON5 July 2018
The hiring process was not very professional when it comes onto human rights code of conduct! He stated I wasn’t up scale enough for his clientele and that his clientele was upscale so I wouldn’t fit very disappointing
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Rude manager
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
Great working environment and team.
Friendly employee's and customers.
The management was not very understanding of our needs and while working in the cashier, the environment was too cold to work.
Pros
Employees were very nice
Cons
The place was too cold at winter time
Not a good place to work
Other (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
This is a struggling chain and management is uncertain and don't know what they are doing. I do not recommend this as a place of employment for career advancement.

Want to know more about Pusateri's Fine Foods?

Ask a question
Professional
Head Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 June 2018
Good hours and lots of work to be done. Learned many manager qualities. Employees were friendly and work efficiently. Workplace culture was great but never followed properly by workers or managers. Often employees worked harder than manages being the most stressful part of the job. Also, If you're able to work full time and are a decent worker - then it's guaranteed you'll be overworked!
Great bunch of people to work with.
Deli Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 May 2018
Taking people's orders. I learned how to use a slicer and how to clean it properly. It was a nice place to work for. Great co-workers, the hardest part of the job for me was standing all day. The most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the customers and helping out my co-workers
Pros
We got to have the food that was about to expiry for our lunch or dinner
Cons
Flexible hours
Full of challenges
Culinary Expert Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
It is a challenging place to work at. However, if willing to go with a positive attitude and open mind you will be able to learn a lot.

The most enjoyable part of going to work was being able to spend time with the amazing coworkers that were there.
Fun place but too much work
Culinary Expert (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 April 2018
You'll meet some very nice people which will probably be the only reason one would like to work there because the job itself is way more than what you're being paid to do.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Too many hours
Family run business
management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Shame! Family run business which is running the business into the ground. Great opportunity for a buy out but till/ or if that happens, the family still thinks what worked 30 years ago, will work today!
Pros
Stores have great people working for them
Cons
Family does not know how to appreciate that
Good people
Receptionist - Maternity Leave Contract (Former Employee) –  downtown19 March 2018
Good people to work with. 10% discount
30 minute lunches 2 ten minute breaks
6am to 10 pm shifts
mornings start at 6 am for most employees
Raffles
benefits for full time employees
By far the worse place I’ve ever worked at!
Pastry (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ON15 March 2018
Management is pathetic and so unfair to employees. They find reasons to get rid of you. They work you like a dog and there’s never any appreciation. There is literally no room for advancement here. Every day you feel like you want to quit when you’re in this toxic environment. Do yourself a favour and Do not work here!!
Pros
Nothing, they even pester their employees for proof of purchasing and it’s really intrusive
Cons
Bad management, bad salary, disrespectful and rude management, they treat you badly
Pathetic
Pastry (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 March 2018
Pathetic company. Management doesn't care about us little people unless we are the "preferred" bunch. It was very hard to work here without wanting to quit everyday.
Pros
Nothing is a pro at this company besides the money you earn
Cons
Management, no support, bad culture, bad salary
Food Heaven
Pastry Expert (Current Employee) –  Bayview Village28 February 2018
Good hours, store closes early on weekends so I still have a social life. Easy to balance work/school.
Love love LOVE the food selection, I spend way too much every time I work, even with the 30% discount.
My manager is really helpful and I love the team I work with. I'm in school for pastry-so working with pastries and cakes while I'm in school is a dream. Toughest part would be the setting up/taking down the counter everyday.
Pros
Pastries and discount!!!
Cons
Some labour involved
Fun work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 February 2018
Good work place where both employees and owners try to make your experience better. Easy work loads but a fast pace work environment. All in all a fun job.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pusateri's Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Pusateri's Fine Foods Reviews by Location