Pusateri's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

The management coordinates with their employees to meet the desired deadlines and demands
Bread and Pastry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
Additional knowledge and experience.
They give you more hours
Getting involved with different departments
Meeting different people of different stages of life
Benefits
Avoid at all costs
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2018
They throw words around like "fostering growth" and "leadership opportunities" but they are just dangling carrots in front of you. They want you to smile at all times and be happy but managers are constantly yelling and talking down to you. They are too self absorbed to even attempt to help you through anything, you are literally dirt on the ground to them. Most don't even know what they are doing anyway, they are just "yes men" to the owners. The head office team often come in and point out your inadequacies while they sit in their ivory tower setting the company up for failure.
Human Resources is a joke, don't ever think you can go to them for anything here. They would rather fire someone in HR for trying to help than actually see someone get assistance. Ask them how many HR reps have been fired in the last year.
The only saving grace of this place are your fellow co-workers, but it's more of a "we're all dying together" type of friendship you'll gain.
Avoid this place at all costs. They are the absolute worst place to work for!
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
The worst managers you've ever seen
They use you up and throw you out like garbage.
Produce Expert (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON12 October 2018
I worked at this location for over a year and a half, was promised advancement as I worked, and was stuck at my base level minimum wage position the entire duration I was there. No matter how well I did it never mattered, so I ended up giving them the bare minimum since giving them my all gave me absolutely no benefit.

The management expected you to do everything with bare minimum training. This includes dealing with customers, cleaning up, taking inventory, breaking apart skids that arrive, cutting and packaging product, etc.

I worked there full-time, and was never given my full-time benefits, despite working there for nearly two years.

Most of my co-workers in my department HATE working there. We are forced to will out these phony smiles as we interact with customers, who were at times incredibly frustrating to deal with. Since its a higher end location they felt incredibly entitled, so issues dealing with rude rich people were commonplace.
Pros
Free salads, breads, and baked goods that are one day away from expiring.
Cons
They will suck you bone dry, trying to take as much as they can from you without giving back anything good in return.
Toxic, Incompetant
Grocery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
Everyone hates being there. The only sense of comraderie you have is knowing that all of you are drowning together. Store managers either lack the basic technical skills needed to help departments, or have those skills but are too lazy and unfocused to put them to good use. On boarding of new team members is like pulling teeth, often taking weeks to fill vacancies. This places stress on other workers causing their eventual burn out, their desire to find a new job, a new vacancy, and even more work placed on all those who remain. Management will never be accountable for their own mistakes, often times overstepping department heads, slashing orders without communicating, over ordering date-sensitive products under the department managers name, pulling team members to other departments without communication and the list goes on.

It should have been a red flag to me that everyone refers to this company as a "great stepping stone". Do not make the same mistake.
Pros
Sometimes they give you expired food for free
Cons
Existential crisis every day, Kafkaesque nightmarish hellscape
Not the best
PRODUCE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 October 2018
Wouldn't recommend shopping let alone working here. management needs better communication, better product, better employee effort and most of all better supervision!!!
Pros
nice store
Cons
endless management confliction
Easy job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
I loved working at Pusateri's part time during university. Great coworkers, managers were fun and the only down side was rude customers from time to time but it's part of working in the service industry.
Pros
flexible work hours, employee discount is 30%!
Cons
rude customers sometimes
fun workplace
Commissary kitchen Production staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
Amazing workplace with amazing management. I had a lot of fun working with their multi cultural atmosphere. I would recommend to people to try seeking job to their company.
Unsafe and toxic place to work
Culinary Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
I’ve worked here for 8 months and what I have noticed is that the management is veg unprofessional they don’t care about you in any way. When they hire you they tell you we promise advancement but that is a lie, this location is a very toxic place to work their is constant drama happening in certain departments . The break room is extremly unsafe for health related issues. I am not the type of person to complain but I have never worked for a company where the management is extremly unprofessional. Do not recommend to work for this company
Pros
Their are no positive aspects
Cons
Unsafe environment
Okay starting job.
Produce Expert (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 August 2018
They neglect the employees, and continued to treat them poorly. The conditions of the staff room, workspaces, and such are very poorly kept and are not in good condition. Floors are leveled improperly so pools of water build up and the break room always has sewage coming up from the pipes as well as rust and water dripping from the ceilings.
Cons
Overworked for the limited number of staff.
Had a decent break room with a tv and netflix
fine foods ON Oakville - Fish clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 July 2018
Hard management mostly clueless, new faces every week and an aura of distaste some of the managers are cool no doubt most are unusually cruel and picky.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Terrible management
Productive work
Meat Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
Work day would include cleaning, preparing food and customer service. Management was easy to work with. Workplace culture can be a bit sexist, which was a difficult part for me.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Cons
sexist work environment
Would not recommend
culinary department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2018
Endless work, rude customers.
The only upside to working here is the people you work with.
otherwise, it's a mess that feels like you're in full blown communism.
- Gross working conditions, considering that its a brand new building.
- being watched over like a hawk
- management really needs to not.
Pros
sometimes they give free food before it expires
Cons
being watched over like a hawk, Gross working conditions considering that its a brand new building
Great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
Management and employees are very friendly. The atmosphere is great. Easily able to communicate with management if any issues come up. Management is also very supportive of career advancements and opportunities.
good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
It is a good workplace. The company respects its employees, management provides a flexible schedule for part-timers. I would recommend it as an entry-level job.
Always busy in putting out all products.
Pastry expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
its all about our customers. Dealing with different types of customers from class. Providing a customized and most friendly service to them.
Merchandising all products in Pastry, bread and coffee bar.
Greet them with smile as soon as they come in. Acknowledge their needs and to be as helpful as you can. Answers all inquiries and questions truthfully and honestly.
Follow the company's values and mission, to have pride and to be proud of what you to.
Pros
free food taste, like cakes and breads. (new items)
Cons
requires lifting of boxes (8-10 kg)
The manager was not very pleasant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON5 July 2018
The hiring process was not very professional when it comes onto human rights code of conduct! He stated I wasn’t up scale enough for his clientele and that his clientele was upscale so I wouldn’t fit very disappointing
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Rude manager
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
Great working environment and team.
Friendly employee's and customers.
The management was not very understanding of our needs and while working in the cashier, the environment was too cold to work.
Pros
Employees were very nice
Cons
The place was too cold at winter time
Not a good place to work
Other (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
This is a struggling chain and management is uncertain and don't know what they are doing. I do not recommend this as a place of employment for career advancement.
Professional
Head Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 June 2018
Good hours and lots of work to be done. Learned many manager qualities. Employees were friendly and work efficiently. Workplace culture was great but never followed properly by workers or managers. Often employees worked harder than manages being the most stressful part of the job. Also, If you're able to work full time and are a decent worker - then it's guaranteed you'll be overworked!
Great bunch of people to work with.
Deli Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 May 2018
Taking people's orders. I learned how to use a slicer and how to clean it properly. It was a nice place to work for. Great co-workers, the hardest part of the job for me was standing all day. The most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the customers and helping out my co-workers
Pros
We got to have the food that was about to expiry for our lunch or dinner
Cons
Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pusateri's Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9