Pursuit

Pursuit Employee Reviews

I would definitely recommend this workplace. The managers are very professional, training is good, they will make sure you know what your job is and how to do it. There are lots of amazing discounts and perks you get for being an employee with their different attractions/hotels/restaurants. And, of course, the most beautiful location and view in Banff!
- fairly relaxed work place -management in the kitchen was great -beautiful place to work -get driven to work via shuttle bus (free) & picked up outside staff accommodation
Pros
free lunch for those working in kitchen
The job itself was good, but poor management decisions. Leaving 30+ people unemployed. Would not recommend working for pursuit purely for this reason.
Great place to work awesome staff unfortunately it is only seasonal would have loved to stay permanent .management was on par pretty much there when you needed them.
Over the last year i have learned many valuable components; leadership, positively, companionship, communication, compassion, and integrity. I look forward to my continuing educational future here.
I can't really review this as an actual place I've worked because I wrote short articles from home and submitted them to my employer via email. Being a freelancer is never easy. The pay is absolutely lousy and there is a wait for payment too. I struggled to connect and communicate with my editor and felt nothing but frustration with the whole process. It became such an exercise in getting paid that I stopped as it just wasn't worth the hassle.
Pros
Valuable writing experience/practice
Cons
Extremely low wage for the wor
they where great to work for. and I would recomend them to anyone who wants to experince many different and exiting aspects of a work place as dinamic as the Banff Gondola.
The Pursuit Collection as they call themselves (nowadays) are easily one of the worst companies in Alberta, probably even Canada... Nobody in the rockies likes the company, they destroy the environment and they rather make a dollar then provide a safe work environment. Employees are treated like dirt, less than dirt. If your not happy you'll be replaced in seconds, it's not uncommon to see the entire workforce transition 2-3 times during the season because people are either let go or they get fed up with the company. Employees usually start chanting f... Pursuit soon after hire. The managers are some of the worst people you'll encounter. There not trained and are hired because of friendships, they have power complexes to put it mildly. There are so many better employers out there, the fairmonts, the rimrock, don't destroy your time in the canadian rockies by working with us...
Pros
Scenery, get paid the correct amount... most of the time
Cons
work environment, culture, management, job security, no advacement for hard workers, super long hours are expected
Great experience being a driver/guide at the Columbia Icefield - the pay is average, the management is poor and needs a lot of work. Opportunities to move within the company are not really a thing unfortunately.
Pros
Great People, Awesome Lifestyle, Fun Job
Cons
Management, Management, Management