Purolator logo
Purolator
Happiness score is 61 out of 100Average

Purolator Employee Reviews

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management

Amazing experience. best company to work for in the GTA

would go back in a heart beat. great pay, great benefits and good retirement package. up to date shop environment. great group of mechanics to work with

Working conditions are very poor

Work environment was very poor company doesn’t care about employees.management is not approachable..lots of complaints to Human Resources department against management.high turnover within the company.

Stay away

Poor place to work they interview questioning for a entry level warehouse job is terrible it's like you are being interviewed for an Management or Professional job, questions are not related to job whatsoever, being a couirer there not a place to be, you are expected to hit dream numbers of stops that are impossible to hit like 18 stops in an hr, and if you are a master at it they increase the numbers, managers and supervisors drive around and spy at you, and work every move on the computer cuz trucks are GPS and add more work basically

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

One of top branded company

Hi, Purlator is one of the top company specializes in complete supply chain solutions from root levels, even though my short term contract did't understood me much, but over all awesome place to work and hopefully be able to reapply.

n/a

Can be long days, work in all kinds of environments. warehouse, outdoors, work in rain, snow, wind etc. need to be fit, this job is not for someone who is not in great shape\health. lots of heavy lifting up to 70lbs, and 150lbs with 2 people

had a ok lunch room with a tv

working at purolator is a great job to get into if you like working at warehouses, the pay is great with reasonable hours and its a great working environment

Fat paced but rewarding.

Work hard customers first.Show up every day,It is a job for people who like to work alone and enjoy being unsupervised, The task is simple.Drive safely don't get lost don't panic .Have fun. You will do well.

Nice place to work

I like to working there I would recommanding this place Great benefice and good paid

Pros

Great benefice

Cons

Little bit stressant

Fast paced

Purolator overall could be a better company if the facility was more modern. They are a fairly good company to work for once they move into the new building. The salary does increase steadily. The benefits are very good.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stressful

Jobs at Purolator

See more jobs

Purolator was a Great Experience for me

I had a great experience overall with Purolator. They are incredibly flexible and have great people there. The job is very monotonous, but it's good honest work. The only downside to the job is the management you get. My Calgary experience was by light years a quantum leap overall over my Richmond Depot. The nature of the PM Sorts are incredibly different in philosophy. So your mileage may vary that way. I met great people and wish everyone there nothing but the best. The virus forced me to walk away to go be with my family, but to be honest, I was ready to go. I had a good run.

Great

Great would recommend working for purolator Very fast paced and good job security .must have good driving record,police clearance is required and fingerprints

fun and social

working time is 11 pm till 7 am some time overtime of 1 hour will be added. I learned about loading and unloading. the management is good. its fast pace company always have a number of targets it fun and their workers are social people.

Pros

the pay is good i like the time of the Job

Cons

sometime the management said the volume very low have to go home

Worth the hard work

This is a fast paced job with some heavy lifting. Be prepared to work hard but you get help if you need it. The company offers union membership after probation which offers enough benefits to compensate for the hard work. Down side is union dues are paid monthly and hours although guaranteed full time if in a full time position hours can vary depending on time of year and amount of freight.

productive warhouse

not a bad place to work, decent pay for the work you do. management here isn't the best as the majority of them are new people, learned a lot of new things as I'm still here I'm learning new stuff every day. the hardest part of my job would be that there isn't enough staffing so ill be doing most of the work and overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I get a lot of hours and my co-workers are great people to be around.

terrible management no room for advancement and lots of layoffs

Not a good place to work, no job security and really bad work culture. Staff most of the time was ok but management sucked and didn't care about you they just wanted their work done.

It will provide you a sustainable and reliable solution to your economic and financial objectives with diversity enhanced environment. This is the company where job becomes fun and I love it.

Pros

Unionized job where seniority rules.

Cons

Difficult to have morning shift for at least 15 years.

They make you feel like family!!!

When I first started it was nerve wrecking, but the team leads and managers really help and try to help you do well and achieve goals as a team as well as move forward in the company. In my eyes I found my forever family â˜ș

Terrible management

Impossible to be appreciated by management that is always looking to find you at fault and will go to the extream to find a reason to right you up and to eventually fier you... Have to be always on your gard to everything you do...they even have what I call RAT employed to drive around just to WATCH every employee s behavior behavior and looking

Too many inner politics; bumping of positions within to keep your job going

Not a terribly reliable place to work; seniority dictates your shifts & hours; management not too professional; staff helpful with each other most of the time

stress-full

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement