Purolator

Working at Purolator: Latest Purolator Reviews

Canada716 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Great

If you work in the warehouse you have to be active and healthy. Some departments are easy to work but some require some lifting. Overall it’s okay to work

Fun environment even though it is tiring

Good for Part time but hours not enough if your an international student you only get 15 hours per week being weekends has no work time. I like the Weekends off and 4-7 PM . if they just cater 20hrs per week for international students I will stay working with them. Other than that seems ok to me.

Pros

Good Pay, Weekends Off, Free water

Cons

Short hours for international students

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Nice low entry supply-chain position for people who like to get some industry experience and look for flexible PT work.

The bad way outweighs the few good aspects of the job. That’s indicative for the LTL branch. Very inflexible union environment and weak HR department, who doesn’t tackle workplace bullying enough by existing ethics in-groups. Everybody tries hard to get the best out for himself as much as possible, without consideration for other co-worker.

Pros

The occasional pizza lunch. Great workplace for Filipino people.

Cons

Untrustworthy and back-backing co-worker, who prefer to stick to their own ethnic in-groups. Worker don’t care about their work.

Really cool and cheerful supervisor

I have a balanced review as the supervisor are really good and polite and helpful. On the other side, sometimes you may have to lift boxes over 100 pounds (lbs).

Pros

They give paid lunch breaks

Cons

You have to lift really heavy boxes. Like over 100 lbs (pounds)

bonne environement de travail

bonne environement de travail,bonne equipe et bonne gestion

good

Cons

rien

Fast pased environment

Very fast paced environment. Have worked here for almost 10 years. Management needs work. With better management I believe the whole building would run lot better. Favoritism is huge here.

Pros

None.

Cons

Understaffed, poor management

One of the worst places to work

Incompetent management, lost my nametag 7 months ago, which you need to get into the building was never replaced. Managers don't do anything but scream at you if you don't go fast enough, lead hands don't do anything to help unless the managers show up on the dock.

Pros

Overtime (not worth your health)

Cons

Long hours Impossibly fast paced

Great job if you enjoy working in a fast paced highly physical job

I really enjoy working here. Its a hard fast paced sometimes stressful and physically demanding job but we have a great crew and everyone helps each other out.

Pros

Overtime available if you want it

Was good

Was employed for Xmas rush. Was great courior experience. The work load was reasonable as well as decent pay. Worth trying for full time as they offer a decent benefit package.

Cons

Heaters sucked in trucks, very cold during cold snaps

It was a decent job

I liked the job but unfortunately once the economy slowed down the management started to let go people based on seniority so since I was hired among the last people I had to go which sucked.

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader is a full-time position that pays well. Very fast paced and stressful .The team members know their duties and are usually helpful when you are backed up.This is a company that I'd wanted to work for and was finally hired after 2 placements as a temp. I like the challenge of tackling something different daily. I've known many of the drivers who dropped or picked up as a Shipper/Receiver over a 5 to 6 years span from my previous employer of nearly 20 years.

Pros

Guaranteed lunch breaks, decent pay and Free Friday coffee over the holidays.

Cons

Somewhat stressful at times. Not a perfect job but a pretty good one.

Love

This was my favorite place to work. I left on my own terms and on good terms. Best management I've had the pleasure of working with. Really great and fun atmosphere

Pros

Everything even the annoying stuff

Cons

Traffic

Worst location to work in is the Ontario Hub

I’ve worked there for a year and all I can say is management is horrible. They like playing mind games and are very unprofessional in my opinion. Whenever there was an issue and it was brought to HR or the Union, it was almost never solved. You will be treated like garbage if you don’t know people there. Unless you plan on moving up in the company, DONT bother staying as a sorter.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor Management

Rien d'appréciable

Travail de nuit, quarts de 4 heures 2x par jour, peu de temps de repos, pas le temps d'apprendre la routine, superviseurs qui ne pensent qu'à leurs chiffres

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Travail de nuit, doubles quarts, patrons ne pensants qu'à leur job

Unorganized company

The most unorganized company I’ve ever worked for ! their leadhands don’t have good manners ,they don’t know how to respect labours ,I even heard them swearing at labours behind their back !

Pros

Package

Cons

Package

Respectfully treatment for all employees

Every one give respect to each other, whether it is company's hired employee or employee through agency, they treat all of them equally. It is really fun to work there.

Lied to or misinformed when hired

They told me 3yrs to max pay during hiring..not true its 4. 300 pieces is normal could be closer to 500 pieces. A Utility courier is totally at Purolators wants re-hours or placement of route. Seniority has bumping rights. It's a Union yes but it won't HELP. Asked Managers for help with learning routes. Was ignored. Final straw was being told next Sat I was demanded to be on road 10 hours. 8am-6pm.

Pros

I quit

Cons

Everything about Purolator

Mauvais expérience

Le pire endroit où j'ai jamais travaillé je ne pouvais pas rester plus de 3 semaines, je devais travailler à vider des camions qui n'étaient pas ventilés, froids et pas bien éclairer , et en plus de tout cela les chefs d'équipe ne pas respectaient les employés et le superviseur n'autorisait pas un pose supplément même 5 minutes, tous les travailleurs de l'équipe de La décharge sont récents car beaucoup ne tolèrent pas ces conditions, ne vous laissez pas tenter par la pension alléchante je conseille d'éviter cet endroit si vous avez une chance ailleurs

Trop d’embauche

Trop d’embauche pour leVolume hors saison forte cest difficileFaire 25:00+

Terrible place to work

If you like being bullied by managers and their Minion spy’s , yelled at and harassed this is the place for you . Oh ya just because you sign on permanent full time doesn’t mean you’ll have a job after the Christmas rush ! Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this place .

Pros

Home time

Cons

Being treated like an animal

bad working environment

the work itself is very hard; bad ventilation system, too cold/too hot inside the trailer, on top of that, if you are new hired they send you for the hardest job. They put me alone in the trailer to unload it by myself, while 3 of the other people are just standing and talking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement