Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management

Doit avoir de la vitesse sur l ordinateur avec programme pre etablus

Travail plaisant a faire juste plate Ă  cause de mon manque d anglais

Pros

Bonne avantage sociaux

Cons

Loin de la maison

Fast paced and cooperative

I was hired a s temporary hire in retail department and my experience was fabulous. Despite being a faced paced environment, I really enjoyed as the coworkers, supervisors were very helpful and kind. They were with you all the time to ensure you are doing well, help you in learning and being there to cope up with you all the time.

Relief courier

So I got hired for a relief courier. Well all they want you to do is sorting. There was no talk from the manager about further training to do scanner training, pre check training or getting my driving certification with them. You get hired and have to do a week of online training. Which is paid. My first day, I got there and had a quick walk around the depot and put to sorting right away with no scanner training. You basically have to learn it as you go. It’s easy to learn. Just know that Hr and your manager are just hiring for roles they need. Which is basically just sorters.

Pros

Learn lots of new policies and procedures about Purolator, Once hired and in the spot you want they treat you with respect, Scheduled pay raises.

Cons

No communication about job roles, you get hired for one job and do something else completely. Only part time hours. 2am-8am

wonderful place to work

Purolator is a well established company that cares about its employees. From the benefits and salary to life work balance. They have a work hard but enjoy life approach that makes it a company you would want to work for.

Pros

benefits and salary are above basic

Cons

they are essential services so expect to work when other businesses are closed

If you would not die you would be lucky to have a life changing injury

South Asian favouritism preferent people of certain ethnicities are preferred but management turns a blind eye. You would likely die trying here.

Pros

Slavery

Cons

Freedom when you finally quit.

management is BAD!

this is the most unprofessional place i have ever worked. management is useless, union is useless, if you have your own opinion you better keep it to yourself. didn't learn anything new. mindless job in a high school environment.

Pros

ok pay

Cons

everything else

Ok

Job was fast paced. Some office staff was hard to work with and the managers were not eat to work for. Customers were awesome, drivers were pretty good but the rest of the staff not easy to.be around.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Unionized protection of princess drivers. Old greedy boomers.

If you come work here. Expect to be unappreciated, unloading the truck, breaking your back, no appreciation or thank yous. The employees will be talking behind your back, but they will be nice up front. They won't really talk to you at first.. you will think it's because it's such a hard job, they don't expect people to last. (High turnover) But, it's because there is a union, and the union protects not only employees against unfair treatment, it also protects the lazy employees and senior employees. They really have this clique type of thing going on. Purolator talks about helping poor families and what-not. Maybe they should take care of the entry employees emptying the trucks and stacking 220lbs bins on top of each other. They ask that you can lift 70 lbs. But the bins that you stack with your partner are 220lbs. You stack around 25 per shift. The drivers though (princesses), they won't even lift the 70lbs packages for deliveries. They say that they are saving their backs. The drivers are usually these old boomers, the ones who we're able to afford houses when they we're 1/3 of the current price. A bunch of old guys who sold your generation so that they can have theirs. Management is just some guys who don't really work physically, they just come and look at you work, expecting this to make you work harder. Surveillance, like a bunch of vultures. They will come look at you work, and not even help you at all. If you start here, prepare to unload three 18-wheelers everyday, plus another one or so. Some employees are okay. Usually the newer ones. They do not -

Pros

You got a job.

Cons

Union works like organized crime, new employees are not appreciated, but are expected to do everything.

Good Company to work with

Working as team leader I have enjoyed 2 years in Purolator. Good friendly people to work with. I will recommend every one to work if they are strong.

Pros

Good benefit and good pay beside you do not need to go to any where to work out work out

Cons

There is no Cons if you do your job with honesty

Jobs at Purolator

See more jobs

Great Management Team

Purolator has a very supportive management team and the company is very flexible. They have team building events and fun activities to participate in. They have a great solutions team and offer positive coaching strategies.

Pros

Supportive Management, Social clubs, activities, draws, salary increases for productivity

Cons

Back to back calls, fast-paced environment, dealing with irate customers

I liked it

I can’t say much because I was only part time at the desk. But for the most part it was a lovely job. Not overly difficult or stressful. You will get the occasional angry customer though if the delivery people leave the packages somewhere they disagree with.

No problems with Management.

I would have still liked to work there but I have retired after 28 yrs service. Its a good Canadian company to work for. It's a good start for students a lot of opportunities etc

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

environ vaste

environ vaste et qui demandait beaucoup de force physique

Unsecure job

Hire as part time 30hrs, permanent, flex. Then after four months get laid off. Even with a three month review score of 100% . Apparently they do this frequently. One month after lay off they have advertising for same job available. But don't contact or recall anyone who has been laid off, even if you had an excellentreview

Overall good experience

Overall good team involvement. Good atmosphere as well. During my time there I learned lots and worked with individuals that help me develop professionally as well as personally

Productive and fun

I really enjoyed my time at purolator. Management was really nice but was focused and driven. The job was fun the only problem I has was the hours as I was a night loader.

Hard to work for

Working for purolator was very stressful but taught me so much. managers are awesome. training is super hard and takes super long to get the hang of. almost made me quit

Fast paced workplace but not hard on the employees.

Purolator is relatively calm compared to other call center workplaces, the management is attentive and accommodates a lot for a part-time student like me.

Fast Paced

Purolator is a pretty good company, the only thing is there unionized so the lazy people with a lot of years in get the work, and your done scratching your head.

I will not recommend to anyone this location

Stressful job management in this location are so brutal. I feel like they only hire me because they really busy after December and then after a couple of they They kick me out for Not much reason. Not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement