Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management

Fast paced

Pretty good to work for but definitely favoritism and some stand around doing nothing. Also when it slows down if your not young enough your gone. If you fall or get hurt they say I fall all the time. Some drivers treat sorters badly.

Pros

Cons

Not enough hours

monday-friday

The promotions are usually based on friendships and not necessarily on work ethics nor results .it is very difficult to move from a position to the next and even more difficult to move from a department to another.Sales is marginalized generally speaking and all decisions a

Pros

mon-fri 9-5

Cons

pay, environment, not open to new ideas

Nice Environment

Good team and good work environment People do their work without any problem, a friendly atmosphere. I think a little music might release some tension in the storage area.

Pros

Flexibles

Cons

A bus for the employeer can be great.

Review from a Long time Employee

I have enjoyed the 20 plus years I have worked at Purolator. The work environment is fast paced, you are expected to do your job and deliver packages on time and to the right place. Do your job and you will have no problems. If you want a great job with great pay and benefits and even a retirement pension Purolator is the place for you as long as your expectations are realistic. Do the job safely, accurately and on time and you will succeed. There is plenty of opportunity to advance within the company based on what path you choose to take. I started as a Dock worker and became a driver and have thought about moving to management many times but I enjoy the "Freedom" being on the road and not in an office brings.

Pros

Great pay and benefits Package!

Productive and Fun Workplace

One of the best place ever work with. Hoping it gets really busy to get back at it,The management is awesome and really friendly people, helping each other out is encouragement though some days are really challenging too but just like any places of work and there is room for growth once get regulated.

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

Terms

Amazing Work Place

Just the best job I've ever had, honestly in most of my work places I felt underpaid and underappreciated. I feel Purolator was perfect for all my needs!

Fast pace environment

Fast pace environment.Heavy lifting physically demanding repetitive work.Working outdoors in different climate.start early finish late.overtime pay after 8 hours.get paid every week.

Pros

Good pay.benefits, union environment

Cons

Long hours..working outdoors in different climate

Terrible

This company was the most disorganized place I have ever worked, as a temp there was very little training and no job security either.management here are snakes, and dishonest. (If they are around at all)Very "clicky" atmosphere also, if you don't fit with the "cool kids" then your talked about and made fun of.Pay is good for drivers but lock hands get shafted.

Pros

Cons

Disorganized, unfriendly, terrible management.

Fun temporary work

Hired in HR/L&D during busy period while company also managing response to COVID. Management will give you training and necessary coaching during your time there. The hardest part of the job is knowing what your functions when the company is currently adapting its processes and responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job are the coaches. My learning is this: Purolator does take good care of the training and development of its own permanent employees, but you are still essentially expendable if you are a temporary worker.

Pros

Good pay, Good Coaches, Collaborative and Independent work environment

Cons

Rare Temp to Permanent Hire

Jobs at Purolator

See more jobs

Steady, busy work!

Worked on a project inputting data from Purolator Courier, and UPS tracking forms to their respective websites. Long days, very busy. My office was really busy with all the drivers coming in the mornings to get their Purolator hand held devices, and then returning them at the end of day. I also moved and piled boxes in appropriate areas in the truck warehouse. I worked the full time day shift.

Pros

Work independently

Cons

Cold office at times, A-lot of interruptions in my office when I was trying complete my data input

Run away.

I worked as an AM Sorter and i was made to do tasks different from what i was employed to do. The Union representative is useless. The manager wants me sucking up to him. You have to make sure your hours worked are well captured because they always find ways to reduce your hours. If you clock in 40 hours a week you might see 25hours on your pay slip. Their workflow is so senseless. Not a good place to work. The old employees are snitches.

Pros

Cons

They cheat you on your hours clocked in. Their work culture is horrible.

You are just one more employee

In this company you will find the following.Bullying, harassment and discrimination. Management doesn't care if you work 20 years or 1 year. There is no empathy for employees. Is just business. They treat employee the way they wanted. lately the manager is making mistake with the payroll and you ended up waiting 4 weeks to get your payroll fix.They are hiring temporary employees; once the busy season is gone they sent them out.I will said the manages are rude and have zero ethical on how to treat employees. You have no freedom to speak out- otherwise they offer you to get out. so if you want to work you have to keep your mouth shut and agree with whatever they said.

Pros

salary is ok for the job

Cons

worst work environment- meet the discrimination and bullying

Dishonest hiring practisss amid Covid-19

I was hired in february for a 4:30-8:30 evening shift. Two layoffs and six months later they tell me I can't return to work unless I take a shift with no transportation at night.Wasted a LOT of my time that could have gone towards finding honest employment. I would get anxiety over the next HR phone call constantly telling me my shift is gone or my workplace changed. Good riddance!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor hours, dishonest management

Your will perform and never get credit someone else will fudge and be praised

Terrible and unethical company, they look to exploit the people who do very well at the jobs and promote those who do not. I worked there for 28 years and was given walking papers “ without cause”

Pros

Cons

Upper management

Horrible place. Bad management

Do not waste your time. On line training is all you get. My first day they wanted me to go and do deliveries when I had never touched a scanner. They will give you NO on site training. I was sent out to do 100 box deliveries of heavy clothing with no dolly. Must carry one by one. Did many deliveries to businesses without one management does not care. They don't even look you in the face when they talk to you. Once your about to have your 60 days and ready to join union...they will let you go and hire new people weekly to replace.

Pros

No training. They will say because of covid-19 but they are just horrible place to work

Cons

Everything. They will let you go without reason to keep you out of union.

Good Pay..That's it!..

If you like Micro Management by uneducated people who are facetious justifying their intelligence when they dont know the right answer to give, "This is the Place for You"...Managers Always looking to write you up for frivolous things. The Management staff hasn't a clue about Logistics, Trucking & Transport. A rush hurry up attitude but customers hold you back. The pay is good, but routes changed based on favoritism & their acceptance of you. A Pretentious mentality environment from most employees. No accountability from the majority. The company fixes problems by throwing money at it & wastes resources by not understanding logistics properly. The more you care & harder you work the less respect you obtain oppose sucking up to dispatch who control who drives the better trucks & trailers.

Pros

Pay Wages

Cons

Attitudes

Wouldn’t recommend to t.

You’re gonna start by a week of online training which is just 2 instructors reading a PowerPoint to you. Then on your first day/week there going to assign you to random task that don’t have to do with the job you where hired for. The management and HR have no idea what’s going on. Had to ask multiple managers. You won’t get a break even if it by law in Manitoba after 5 hours you’re required a 30 minutes unpaid break. No uniforms will be provided and you need to order and wait over a week so prepare to ruin your own clothes. The trainer left home halfway through the first day at being at the warehouse and won’t explain to you the scanner training and they’ll just expect you know how to do it. Anyways you would think because it’s a big unionized company it would be organized safe neat etc... but it wasn’t at all. Absolute waist of time. And expect to be doing random jobs and routes for years before even getting close to seniority to apply for a set route.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

un professional management and HR, little to no training, dirty environment, no social distancing.

Fun Out going

amusement bliss charm cheer comfort delight elation glee humor pride satisfaction wonder alleviation animation delectation diversion ecstasy exultation exulting felicity festivity frolic fruition gaiety gem gladness gratification hilarity indulgence jewel jubilance liveliness luxury merriment mirth prize rapture ravishment refreshment rejoicing revelry solace sport transport treasure treat good humor pride and joy regalement

Terrible Upper Management

As a "relief" courier you are expected to work AM dock anytime they are short handed. You will drive as a courier during the day and be expected to be "on call" for AM dock later that night. In other words, work until 5 or 6 o'clock PM and then go back at 1 AM to work the dock until 8 AM. Takes 4 years until you get full pay.

Pros

Co-workers are great. Good pay & benefits

Cons

Terrible upper management.

The hardest part about this job

The hardest part of this job is that they throw lots of work at you and expect you to do it all in 4 hours. I learned how to be detail oriented. I liked assisting customers

Pros

no manager in the retail section

Cons

paying 70 dollars for your union fee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement