Purolator

Purolator Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Warehouse

Fast-paced work environment is exactly what I loved about this place. However, I experienced a life changing injury on the job at which point the company let me down. Don’t get injured and work your life away and you’ll do great, become a “burden” to the company however and they will disgrace your good name in any which way they can. They will not support your recovery.

Great Perks, Hard job

They benefits make it very hard to leave. The work puts a alot of stress and mental health problems on yourself. You have to take a beating from customers.

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management

Great employer if you have no family, no hobbies, no life

Was hired as a driver: What you need to know: drivers who have been working there for 30 yrs have the best, stable and easiest runs. Those drivers are not that old, so it means they will not retire soon. Basically as a new driver you get to do the sh!tty runs for a good amount of years, then if you're lucky you'll get a stable run. As a new driver, you get to know where you're going when you come in, so it's basically a different run every day. Unless you know the city like the palm of your hand, it makes it impossible to work a "normal" day, so expect long hours in the truck, traffic, road work, road blocks, etc. It's a great job if all you want to do in your life is work, they can make you work 24/7 if you wish. As a new driver, you will have to load your truck and figure out delivery logistics depending where you are going. It's not always easy to do. They wil tell you to take your time but they will also be on your case the next morning if you were not able to deliver all packages. Expect 12h shifts in the truck, depending where you have to deliver. Delivering, bringing heavy packages and knocking to doors is the easiest part - that's the parts you have control over. What you don't control is the amount of traffic, the road blocks, road construction, delays at the branch (yes it happens) and such. My advice: if you have a wife, kids, basically if you have a life outside of work I don't recommend working for Purolator. They will tell you that life-work balance is very important to them, not true at all. All they care about is you bringing back the truck empty at the end of -

Pros

Not really as newly hired driver

Cons

"Leaders"

Good job if you get started early

If you pay your dues early you will be given an opportunity. The seasonal driver should know he will not be kept on. A lot of nice people to work with but the lead manager is low on intelligence.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Long hours and hard on the body

Can be stressful at times, but tomrw is always a new day. People are there to help you when you need it. Friendly environment. Training. You get to know the city streets after awhile.

Pros

Good pay. Nice people. Most things are provided for you.

Cons

Can be long hours.

Fast paced with hard work but secure and stable Job

Hard work and stressful in fast paced environment, u will spend every minute working..salary is good and Job is secured cause it's unionized. Follow your manager typically cause multiple managers will be available on site and u may get confused.

Pros

Good Salary and polite employees

Cons

U will work every single minute in shift, only in break time u will sit to have rest

monday-friday

The promotions are usually based on friendships and not necessarily on work ethics nor results .it is very difficult to move from a position to the next and even more difficult to move from a department to another.Sales is marginalized generally speaking and all decisions a

Pros

mon-fri 9-5

Cons

pay, environment, not open to new ideas

Review from a Long time Employee

I have enjoyed the 20 plus years I have worked at Purolator. The work environment is fast paced, you are expected to do your job and deliver packages on time and to the right place. Do your job and you will have no problems. If you want a great job with great pay and benefits and even a retirement pension Purolator is the place for you as long as your expectations are realistic. Do the job safely, accurately and on time and you will succeed. There is plenty of opportunity to advance within the company based on what path you choose to take. I started as a Dock worker and became a driver and have thought about moving to management many times but I enjoy the "Freedom" being on the road and not in an office brings.

Pros

Great pay and benefits Package!

Productive and Fun Workplace

One of the best place ever work with. Hoping it gets really busy to get back at it,The management is awesome and really friendly people, helping each other out is encouragement though some days are really challenging too but just like any places of work and there is room for growth once get regulated.

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

Terms

Jobs at Purolator

See more jobs

Amazing Work Place

Just the best job I've ever had, honestly in most of my work places I felt underpaid and underappreciated. I feel Purolator was perfect for all my needs!

Fast pace environment

Fast pace environment.Heavy lifting physically demanding repetitive work.Working outdoors in different climate.start early finish late.overtime pay after 8 hours.get paid every week.

Pros

Good pay.benefits, union environment

Cons

Long hours..working outdoors in different climate

Steady, busy work!

Worked on a project inputting data from Purolator Courier, and UPS tracking forms to their respective websites. Long days, very busy. My office was really busy with all the drivers coming in the mornings to get their Purolator hand held devices, and then returning them at the end of day. I also moved and piled boxes in appropriate areas in the truck warehouse. I worked the full time day shift.

Pros

Work independently

Cons

Cold office at times, A-lot of interruptions in my office when I was trying complete my data input

Fun Out going

amusement bliss charm cheer comfort delight elation glee humor pride satisfaction wonder alleviation animation delectation diversion ecstasy exultation exulting felicity festivity frolic fruition gaiety gem gladness gratification hilarity indulgence jewel jubilance liveliness luxury merriment mirth prize rapture ravishment refreshment rejoicing revelry solace sport transport treasure treat good humor pride and joy regalement

wonderful place to work

Purolator is a well established company that cares about its employees. From the benefits and salary to life work balance. They have a work hard but enjoy life approach that makes it a company you would want to work for.

Pros

benefits and salary are above basic

Cons

they are essential services so expect to work when other businesses are closed

Unionized protection of princess drivers. Old greedy boomers.

If you come work here. Expect to be unappreciated, unloading the truck, breaking your back, no appreciation or thank yous. The employees will be talking behind your back, but they will be nice up front. They won't really talk to you at first.. you will think it's because it's such a hard job, they don't expect people to last. (High turnover) But, it's because there is a union, and the union protects not only employees against unfair treatment, it also protects the lazy employees and senior employees. They really have this clique type of thing going on. Purolator talks about helping poor families and what-not. Maybe they should take care of the entry employees emptying the trucks and stacking 220lbs bins on top of each other. They ask that you can lift 70 lbs. But the bins that you stack with your partner are 220lbs. You stack around 25 per shift. The drivers though (princesses), they won't even lift the 70lbs packages for deliveries. They say that they are saving their backs. The drivers are usually these old boomers, the ones who we're able to afford houses when they we're 1/3 of the current price. A bunch of old guys who sold your generation so that they can have theirs. Management is just some guys who don't really work physically, they just come and look at you work, expecting this to make you work harder. Surveillance, like a bunch of vultures. They will come look at you work, and not even help you at all. If you start here, prepare to unload three 18-wheelers everyday, plus another one or so. Some employees are okay. Usually the newer ones. They do not -

Pros

You got a job.

Cons

Union works like organized crime, new employees are not appreciated, but are expected to do everything.

No problems with Management.

I would have still liked to work there but I have retired after 28 yrs service. Its a good Canadian company to work for. It's a good start for students a lot of opportunities etc

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Productive and fun

I really enjoyed my time at purolator. Management was really nice but was focused and driven. The job was fun the only problem I has was the hours as I was a night loader.

Hard to work for

Working for purolator was very stressful but taught me so much. managers are awesome. training is super hard and takes super long to get the hang of. almost made me quit

Fat paced but rewarding.

Work hard customers first.Show up every day,It is a job for people who like to work alone and enjoy being unsupervised, The task is simple.Drive safely don't get lost don't panic .Have fun. You will do well.

Fast paced

Purolator overall could be a better company if the facility was more modern. They are a fairly good company to work for once they move into the new building. The salary does increase steadily. The benefits are very good.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement