Purolator
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Purolator Culture reviews

Clear

Nice Environment

Good team and good work environment People do their work without any problem, a friendly atmosphere. I think a little music might release some tension in the storage area.

Pros

Flexibles

Cons

A bus for the employeer can be great.

Great employer if you have no family, no hobbies, no life

Was hired as a driver: What you need to know: drivers who have been working there for 30 yrs have the best, stable and easiest runs. Those drivers are not that old, so it means they will not retire soon. Basically as a new driver you get to do the sh!tty runs for a good amount of years, then if you're lucky you'll get a stable run. As a new driver, you get to know where you're going when you come in, so it's basically a different run every day. Unless you know the city like the palm of your hand, it makes it impossible to work a "normal" day, so expect long hours in the truck, traffic, road work, road blocks, etc. It's a great job if all you want to do in your life is work, they can make you work 24/7 if you wish. As a new driver, you will have to load your truck and figure out delivery logistics depending where you are going. It's not always easy to do. They wil tell you to take your time but they will also be on your case the next morning if you were not able to deliver all packages. Expect 12h shifts in the truck, depending where you have to deliver. Delivering, bringing heavy packages and knocking to doors is the easiest part - that's the parts you have control over. What you don't control is the amount of traffic, the road blocks, road construction, delays at the branch (yes it happens) and such. My advice: if you have a wife, kids, basically if you have a life outside of work I don't recommend working for Purolator. They will tell you that life-work balance is very important to them, not true at all. All they care about is you bringing back the truck empty at the end of -

Pros

Not really as newly hired driver

Cons

"Leaders"

Meaningful work assisting our community and beyond.

The people are always the most important element any any workplace. Purolator Kingston terminal has a superb crew all around. Managers are attentive and work to get the job done as well as find ways to meet the needs of every employee. There are perks and excellent benefits available.

Pros

Great supervisors and managers

Cons

None to report

Toxic Environment

A sorter job itself is not the absolute worst, unless it's at Purolator where they expect you to work at the speed of light to unload multiple trailers in 3 hours by yourself. Then to top it off they want you to help load the delivery vehicles, which every driver wants done differently. They pay about $1.50(more or less) over minimum and expect you to work like you're making $25+/hour.Want a short break between unloading the trailers or before helping to load the delivery vehicles? Too bad, you'll be reamed out, be seen as lazy, and possibly fired if you haven't worked enough to be part of the union.It is recommended to avoid this location as you will likely NOT be treated as an equal. If you are a mature person, you will not fit in with the childish culture and poor management.

Pros

Cons

Management, Toxic culture & co-workers, Few hours, Low pay, No advancement

The managers are so good and very helpful especially Mr Victor and Mr Derel

I will definitely recommend this company. I loved working here. Everyone is so nice and very helpful. Co-workers are so co-operative. I have learned alot from this place.

Pros

Comfortable schedule

Productive and Fun Workplace

One of the best place ever work with. Hoping it gets really busy to get back at it,The management is awesome and really friendly people, helping each other out is encouragement though some days are really challenging too but just like any places of work and there is room for growth once get regulated.

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

Terms

Run away.

I worked as an AM Sorter and i was made to do tasks different from what i was employed to do. The Union representative is useless. The manager wants me sucking up to him. You have to make sure your hours worked are well captured because they always find ways to reduce your hours. If you clock in 40 hours a week you might see 25hours on your pay slip. Their workflow is so senseless. Not a good place to work. The old employees are snitches.

Pros

Cons

They cheat you on your hours clocked in. Their work culture is horrible.

Unionized protection of princess drivers. Old greedy boomers.

If you come work here. Expect to be unappreciated, unloading the truck, breaking your back, no appreciation or thank yous. The employees will be talking behind your back, but they will be nice up front. They won't really talk to you at first.. you will think it's because it's such a hard job, they don't expect people to last. (High turnover) But, it's because there is a union, and the union protects not only employees against unfair treatment, it also protects the lazy employees and senior employees. They really have this clique type of thing going on. Purolator talks about helping poor families and what-not. Maybe they should take care of the entry employees emptying the trucks and stacking 220lbs bins on top of each other. They ask that you can lift 70 lbs. But the bins that you stack with your partner are 220lbs. You stack around 25 per shift. The drivers though (princesses), they won't even lift the 70lbs packages for deliveries. They say that they are saving their backs. The drivers are usually these old boomers, the ones who we're able to afford houses when they we're 1/3 of the current price. A bunch of old guys who sold your generation so that they can have theirs. Management is just some guys who don't really work physically, they just come and look at you work, expecting this to make you work harder. Surveillance, like a bunch of vultures. They will come look at you work, and not even help you at all. If you start here, prepare to unload three 18-wheelers everyday, plus another one or so. Some employees are okay. Usually the newer ones. They do not -

Pros

You got a job.

Cons

Union works like organized crime, new employees are not appreciated, but are expected to do everything.

Good Company to work with

Working as team leader I have enjoyed 2 years in Purolator. Good friendly people to work with. I will recommend every one to work if they are strong.

Pros

Good benefit and good pay beside you do not need to go to any where to work out work out

Cons

There is no Cons if you do your job with honesty

Great Management Team

Purolator has a very supportive management team and the company is very flexible. They have team building events and fun activities to participate in. They have a great solutions team and offer positive coaching strategies.

Pros

Supportive Management, Social clubs, activities, draws, salary increases for productivity

Cons

Back to back calls, fast-paced environment, dealing with irate customers

Jobs at Purolator

See more jobs

I liked it

I can’t say much because I was only part time at the desk. But for the most part it was a lovely job. Not overly difficult or stressful. You will get the occasional angry customer though if the delivery people leave the packages somewhere they disagree with.

Productive and fun

I really enjoyed my time at purolator. Management was really nice but was focused and driven. The job was fun the only problem I has was the hours as I was a night loader.

Fast paced workplace but not hard on the employees.

Purolator is relatively calm compared to other call center workplaces, the management is attentive and accommodates a lot for a part-time student like me.

had a ok lunch room with a tv

working at purolator is a great job to get into if you like working at warehouses, the pay is great with reasonable hours and its a great working environment

Nice place to work

I like to working there I would recommanding this place Great benefice and good paid

Pros

Great benefice

Cons

Little bit stressant

productive warhouse

not a bad place to work, decent pay for the work you do. management here isn't the best as the majority of them are new people, learned a lot of new things as I'm still here I'm learning new stuff every day. the hardest part of my job would be that there isn't enough staffing so ill be doing most of the work and overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I get a lot of hours and my co-workers are great people to be around.

terrible management no room for advancement and lots of layoffs

Not a good place to work, no job security and really bad work culture. Staff most of the time was ok but management sucked and didn't care about you they just wanted their work done.

stress-full

Great company to work for!

I really enjoyed working at Purolator. The staff were so great and encouraging and friendly. My coworkers were beyond great! Very personable and encouraging! They were always willing to help when needed!

Very bad working environment

Dishonest business concept. Just because under the law union can't hire part time or seasonal employees, from the get go they lie to you. Under presumption that they are hiring on full time base. Culture is very bad and childish like. Everything is about seniority. Overall very bad working environment. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Pros

Earnings are dissent

Cons

So many

Bonne

Ce fut une belle expérience et je la rrco. recommencerait sans hésiter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement