Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews

Warehouse

Fast-paced work environment is exactly what I loved about this place. However, I experienced a life changing injury on the job at which point the company let me down. Don’t get injured and work your life away and you’ll do great, become a “burden” to the company however and they will disgrace your good name in any which way they can. They will not support your recovery.

Great Perks, Hard job

They benefits make it very hard to leave. The work puts a alot of stress and mental health problems on yourself. You have to take a beating from customers.

Easy job

I was a temporary free-floater who was hired for the Covid rush, training was pretty easy and our contract kept getting extended, only issue was they shut down the shift I was on and was let go due to no opening position in the shift I could do.

Pros

Free lunches, unionized

Cons

Short hours

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management

Good benefits. Fairly Physically demanding tasks. Annoying workplace culture.

The job activities is typically as described. Heavy lifting (sometimes up to 30kg), a bit of walking around (especially at bigger hubs). Attention to detail and the ability to read labels fast, good memory and spatial co-ordination (especially when stacking boxes).Anyone who's serious with a little common sense can master most of the tasks.The training isn't as good as it should be, but it's okay. Some training content doesn't match real work environment expectations. Unfortunately, temporary staff are used from time to time and they receive no training.*You get Good starting pay/benefits (compared to similar positions from competing companies) in a Unionised position. Lots of overtime opportunities, especially if you are experienced.*Warehouse environment have little to no temperature regulation (trailers are really cold in the winter and even worse, you could get a heatstroke in the summer seeing as the tasks are physically demanding). Management can be disorganised sometimes.Proper work ethics are never enforced, thus a hard/serious worker can be taken advantaged of (you may find yourself covering for lazier/unserious workers, especially if you're a male worker).

Great employer if you have no family, no hobbies, no life

Was hired as a driver: What you need to know: drivers who have been working there for 30 yrs have the best, stable and easiest runs. Those drivers are not that old, so it means they will not retire soon. Basically as a new driver you get to do the sh!tty runs for a good amount of years, then if you're lucky you'll get a stable run. As a new driver, you get to know where you're going when you come in, so it's basically a different run every day. Unless you know the city like the palm of your hand, it makes it impossible to work a "normal" day, so expect long hours in the truck, traffic, road work, road blocks, etc. It's a great job if all you want to do in your life is work, they can make you work 24/7 if you wish. As a new driver, you will have to load your truck and figure out delivery logistics depending where you are going. It's not always easy to do. They wil tell you to take your time but they will also be on your case the next morning if you were not able to deliver all packages. Expect 12h shifts in the truck, depending where you have to deliver. Delivering, bringing heavy packages and knocking to doors is the easiest part - that's the parts you have control over. What you don't control is the amount of traffic, the road blocks, road construction, delays at the branch (yes it happens) and such. My advice: if you have a wife, kids, basically if you have a life outside of work I don't recommend working for Purolator. They will tell you that life-work balance is very important to them, not true at all. All they care about is you bringing back the truck empty at the end of -

Pros

Not really as newly hired driver

Cons

"Leaders"

Productive but complicated at the same time effective.

I would recommend this company to one and all. Even though the management team. Stress on numbers, this company has good. working procedures,benefits and is unionized.

Pros

Once a month Pizzas for the crew. Coffee and Donuts every now and then.

Cons

Yes...junior most must stay... Equ

Really good company.

Overall a very good company. Great people to work with along with great pay. If it wasnt for the fact it was temp work I would still be there. For the most part cant say enough about them.

Pros

Enjoyable to work for. Great pay to start off with.

Cons

Didnt realize I was hired as a temp, so getting laid off on Xmas Eve was a horrible thing to do to anyone.

Productive and hard work

Job was good, time was good just moving and lifting have items but other than that benefit were good. Its a great place to work. Management was nice and hours were flexible.

Not great

Pay was not great compared to what the drivers were making and it was mostly hard labour the pay should be almost equal to what drivers make since we are the one loading there product

Pros

No pros

Cons

No cons

Jobs at Purolator

See more jobs

Good job if you get started early

If you pay your dues early you will be given an opportunity. The seasonal driver should know he will not be kept on. A lot of nice people to work with but the lead manager is low on intelligence.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Long hours and hard on the body

Great job, management is beyond difficult

Must be an early bird for this shift. Great people to work with but many burned and bitter towards management. Low morale. Manager has no intention of hiring permanently. Long history of rotating staff to save money.

Pros

If you are an early bird, great job.

Cons

Terrible place to work. Stay away.

Fast paced, heavy lifting. People constantly getting hurt on the job, and unless you're unable to move they still expect you to come in and work on "modified" duties. the building is filthy with thick layers of soot everywhere. workers are undervalued, and most managers have no people skills and scream, or just harass employees with nonsense. The Teamster union is a joke. minimum breaks - 15min for every 3hrs, one 30min break if you're working 7-8hrs. your sick/floater days get used automatically for holidays that the company snakes out of actually paying you for. 50cents an hour extra for driving a forklift. $30 A WEEK premium for taking on plenty of extra responsibilities as a Team Leader. no midnight premium pay. Frequent Covid19 outbreaks with no hazard pay. no real advancement here, you're expected to work like a mule for little pay. Having said all that, I do enjoy the cultural diversity, and work associates are surprisingly humble to be working here.. but most people don't last a month after getting hired.

Pros

Raises are automatic

Cons

way too many.

Good Company

I was an owner operator courier in the BC interior.Pay was more than fair to run your own van and live pretty well. Pay was based on how many stops you did each day.You have a little bit of freedom with your hours. I chose to start early and be done early in the afternoon. Some guys liked to start later and work until five or six.The only problem is that in order to advance to a better delivery route you have to wait for someone above you to retire or quit. This can take a while but the increase in income can be a few hundred dollars. The job can be pretty stress free as long as you run your van and route like your own little business. Set money aside for maintenance and repairs. Pay yourself a decent wage. The holidays have more deliveries so this means a lot more work but also a lot more money. I would easily be able to give myself Christmas bonuses.

Pros

Pay. Freedom.

Cons

Slow advancement

Can be stressful at times, but tomrw is always a new day. People are there to help you when you need it. Friendly environment. Training. You get to know the city streets after awhile.

Pros

Good pay. Nice people. Most things are provided for you.

Cons

Can be long hours.

Meaningful work assisting our community and beyond.

The people are always the most important element any any workplace. Purolator Kingston terminal has a superb crew all around. Managers are attentive and work to get the job done as well as find ways to meet the needs of every employee. There are perks and excellent benefits available.

Pros

Great supervisors and managers

Cons

None to report

Very fast paced environment as we are loading from belt to vehicles. Lifting min 70lb required. Will have a day of classroom training and you will be doing online training at home and will be paid for time on above. You must know how to use pallet. You will be starting at on call casual employee and will move up from there. Very strict attendance.

Pros

Will pay for steel toed boots, Free on site disposable medical grade facemasks, 2 or 3 breaks per night

Cons

Standing for most of shift except breaks

If you like living stressful and always feeling backache please apply to Purolator

Terrible Management, very hard job, heavy items most of them needs group lifting. The scanner machine too old version, you can't depending on scanner Maps because it's not give you exact address.

Pros

Cons

Heavy items

Fast paced with hard work but secure and stable Job

Hard work and stressful in fast paced environment, u will spend every minute working..salary is good and Job is secured cause it's unionized. Follow your manager typically cause multiple managers will be available on site and u may get confused.

Pros

Good Salary and polite employees

Cons

U will work every single minute in shift, only in break time u will sit to have rest

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader was a temporary position that paid well. Very fast paced and stressful for a new person learning on the fly. The people knew their duties and were usually helpful when you were backed up.This is a company that I would definitely like to work as a full-time employee. I knew many drivers who dropped or picked up over a 5 or 6 year span from my previous employer of many years.

Pros

Guaranteed Lunch and coffee breaks, decent pay.

Cons

Only temporary position, somewhat stressful at times.

It's very fast paced with production daily

My experience with the company was very good very at least 9 years. Was able to learn a lot and was challenge to try different departments worked my way up to senior clerk looking after the afternoon billing department.The wages could have been better but we're at par according to other courier companies.Was dedicated as an employee but when they started too downsize was let go on my 10th year.The payout wasnt the greatest either.

Pros

Opportunities too learn and move up were great.

Cons

Money could have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement