Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews for Sorter

good job
AM Warehouse Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2020
It Was challenging I was unloading and loading truck all night.
Picking orders Sorter mail wrapping skids And doing other household chores Like cleaning
overall great place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 February 2020
good company to work for.
competitive wages. full benifits provided.
management is very helpful.
good work ethics. ease of work provided
lots of overtime hours during peak periods.
My experience at Purolator is great.
PM/AM Sorter (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON1 February 2020
Great wage, easy job, comfortable hours and great work environment. Management is awesome and it’s very non stressful there. I love my job and what I do because it’s enjoyable.
My experience
AM Sorter (Current Employee) –  62 Vulcan st4 January 2020
Prestigious Company, great people , very energetic environment, Purolator give me the opportunity to learn new skills, new experience, I'm glad to be part of this grate Company.
Stressfull, favoritism, no team work. Leadhand and manager not concern to employees health, safety hazard.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 January 2020
Compensation is good but takes time to get max pay rate, fast pace hazard and injury prone work place. Not guaranteed 40 hours work per week. Seniority applies, less 7hours work on lean season and max of 12 hours or more on peak season. Management does not allow personal leave. So you just have to call in sick to get your personal leave, no work no pay. Regular Shift starts at 12:30to 8:00am but not guaranteed it may start early but may end much earlier or later depend s on shipment arrival. hou12:30am or earlier
co-operative, helpful co-workers
sorter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton airport31 December 2019
Very physical. You need to be in decent condition to keep the pace. Mostly really good co-workers. Most of the managers were supportive. If you don't mind hard work, this is a good job.
Dock sorter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2019
As a part-time job, it's a proper job. But not for long-term career development. It is mainly vigorous work, do not need too many technical requirements. So I hope to find a job which is related to my background.
Terminated for no reason
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 October 2019
Banged my head off a small sprinter van while loading. They changed it from a regular cube truck. I voiced my concern and requested to get back a regular size truck for safety. I had to take 4 days off. I put in a claim and immediately my supervisor fires me 3 days later. I didnt meet the "requirements" of the position. What requirements do you need? Have a beating heart? They got in trouble because I voiced my concern. They don't like that.

I did my job at 100% accuracy and efficiency. Never late. Easy job to follow. I never complained and always helped people finish THEIR sort after mine. No reason for termination.

If you have an education and can stand up for yourself, they dont like that. They want neanderthals who can't put sentences together. Atmosphere is horrible BECAUSE of the long faces you see everyday. Everyone is upset at the world. Maybe because they are obese and smoke 10 cigarettes a day. Why are you there for 25 years? You do your job and you can get fired for that?

Job is easy, management is hideous.
Steady Employment
Warehouse Sorter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 October 2019
Provided steady employment for people looking to have a union career. Offered plenty of training, overtime and opportunity at different aspects of work.
Low hours for AM sorters . No training on street addresses .
AM Sorter (Former Employee) –  Pembroke26 September 2019
Pembroke Purolator only. Can’t comment on other facility’s . Just a heads up if your expecting to get on the road driving eventually . They won’t train you on routes . They will expect you to know all of Renfrew County streets even if you’ve never lived in one of the towns . Basically impossible for anyone who hasn’t lived in every single town for the last 40 years. Besides that low hours for AM sorters but the Management is great and they try to get you more hours if they can. Training could use some work. 3/5 all together for Pembroke location.
Pros
Good for early birds for AM shift.
Cons
Low hours . No repetitive training .
Best job I’ve had
AM Sorter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2019
It’s the best job I’ve had. I got along with the large staff. I like the management. I liked the hours. The work itself was good. I will miss the place when/if I leave.
I have found is depends on the department you get into.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON10 July 2019
The hours and pay are decent. I also find it depends on the team you get to work with. I have heard many of the horror stories and even seen management tell someone to walk it off when they had been run over by a fork lift, just for the sake of getting the job done. I have seen management belittle others and even some people get promoted after causing serious injury to another person. I find when it comes to the job most people showed up for the good pay check. The retirement pension plan is severely underfunded. The most positive side I could see was one co worker who always shared his faith with everyone. He would help his enemies do their job, (by enemies I mean that is how they treated him). And he always seemed to have a very credible answer to every challenge these people put at him. He did his job daily dispite health problems that arose. All in all I would say the best experience I had working at purolator was the co-workers who made the time at work a more pleasant experience.
Pros
some friendly coworkers, A decent paycheck
Cons
Poor treatment, disrespect from management.
Fast Past working environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador2 June 2019
This was a fast past work environment, and i enjoyed working with this team. Management was very professional and i gained a lot of experience with this group
Good place to make money, if you don't get laid off
AM Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2019
This is a good place to make some decent money if you don't have much experience, their hourly rates are pretty good and they have benefits. However, I was laidoff along with everyone else that was hired with me.
needs better management
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON15 January 2019
If management cared about the people that work there, it would be a much better place to work at. But unfortunately , the lack of compassion and favouritism makes the work for a negative environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Its pretty bad, just a company to make money amd leave
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2018
So the worst thing is the Management, the Company intentionally hires the biggest idiot they can find. In most cases managers make worse decisions than 3 day temps. I feel bad for customers. I've seen the same products do up and down that belt for 4 weeks plus.. On top of that, the will have 100's of packages on a small 1.5 foot wide platform.. and you can/will step on customer packages. or even call and hurt yourself. And dont expect the Management to care lol. The manager is usually im charge of payroll. So expect your pay to get messed up. I wouldn't work here as a career. This is a place you use for money and walk out every day happy at the end of the shift.
Pros
Work is heavy but not difficult
Cons
worst management, unsafe, unpaid wages, bad employee moral, depressing future, only busy durong holiday season l
Fail to pay employee on time!
sorter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 December 2018
I was disappointed with the human resource management team. After you enroll to the position they don't care for your pay concern and etc. Human resource team have very little communication within their team to deliver help asap for their employees. They delay paying without notice and do not take concern seriously. If u need your pay on time don't work for them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
delay pay process!
Management doesn't care about workers
Am sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2018
At first, working there was fun until they wanted to take advantage of me. There is no communication with the staff, you try to be nice and they are so rude..( definitely not an environment I want to work in).There has be some kind of communication going on between you and the person working. They expected me to do a lot of heavy lifting and loading of trailers, by myself, which was ridiculous. For doing so much, two workers were needed for that job. The manager was very rude, and doesn't care about anything you have to say. The staff gossips a lot, I always had to keep looking over my shoulders...
Good workout, but bad place to work
AM Sorter (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON12 November 2018
The job itself is not the worst. The AM Sorter position at the Owen Sound depot is actually a pretty good workout. You unload a full 48' trailer and then a partially loaded 48' trailer, then you are asked to load up a delivery van or two. Not too bad of a job, but all the drivers have their own way of how they like their trucks loaded. So, there is a slight learning curve.

Caution with this job is a must as whoever is loading these trucks does a poor job and tends to put the heavy stuff at the top, so it can be a bit dangerous. To get these items down, I was told "just give the bottom part a pull and let the items on top fall". Lots of stuff breaks with this terrible method.

The AM Sorter position has a high turnover rate due to the manager not being able to deal with minor inconveniences. This manager would rather fire you than deal with anything. My advice, don't talk at all until your probation is up, or you'll likely find yourself without a job. HR does not care about you either, as I learned quickly.

Also, if you don't like workplace gossip, this is not the place for you. Everything you do is reported to the manager by nosy co-workers.
Pros
Good Workout, Union
Cons
Management, Co-Worker Gossip, Job Culture
Not for those who have a soul
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 October 2018
Lifeless corporation, have no sense of honour.

HR people would not know talented staff if they bite them om the backside.

Salary is not based on jobs offered or worked
Pros
Cons
Hr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.