Purolator

Sorter111 reviews
Canada111 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Promotes safe working environment

Unlike most I can really say that the program of modified duties that the company has is appropriate to what it has asked you to do that caused physical discomfort. Nevertheless the employee is responsible for reporting every little thing that can lead to an injury. The company makes plain never to allow something wrong or out of place to remain that way, see a hazard fix the hazard.

Excellent experience

Having good time with company .management is good cooperative.some time stress full but its part of job .good pay.want do job again in futre if i got chance.

Pros

Shift availability

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Hard and quick paced work

Friendly management and co-workers,Hard fast pace work! Body feels good for the day when done but if your out of shape you’ll feel it! Early starts but early finishes to so you have the day to do whatever. 5:30 to 9:30 is my shift can’t wait to become a courier!!!

Pros

Friendly staff and management very helpful

Cons

Not enough hours for sorter

Fun and lots of fat burning activities

If you love physical workout join purolator.If you are lazy couch guy stay away.Once you get in It will be difficult later on you will start enjoying it when you are under a good operations manager.Overall this place is very busy and keeps you going, The only part I dont like is Salary.With current inflation I think a company with standards of Purolator should pay a minimum of 30 per hour for their hard working employees.I would love to join this company again if they have a good offer.

Horrible experience

Wasted my life away here for 2 and half years and if I could go back I'd slap myself for ever applying, would never wanna let a friend work here and the managers dont care about you

Very hard work

They work you hard. You better be able to lift many boxes fast or they will be on you. Online training is a joke cause when you get on site, they do everything wrong. They don't care about safety and they don't care about throwing boxes.

Stressful during the holidays

Great place to work at but during the holidays, it can get very stressful with high package count. Certain locations that you work in such as packages delivered for Vancouver, etc may be more intense.

Good people

I enjoy the pm group ,, supervisor//lead great guy,Purolator keep employees updated on all training requirements,, Safety number 1 .Very flexible if time off need.

Ok

Job overall was okay. Management was pretty abrasive and hard to communicate with at times. Pay and benefits were solid. Being unionized was awesome, very hard to be terminated and pay was solid as a result. Hours were weird if you were working in the afternoon like me, but if you can bare it it's good work on top of another part time job. All in all, good company to work for.

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits

Cons

Abrasive management

Nice work environment and most friendly staff

Haven't worked here long but most of the staff is rather friendly, the training program is very well put together. Some of the drivers are a little less friendly but most are still good.

Pros

Friendly and caring coworkers and management, part of teamsters union

General review

Its a fast pace environment. Could be sometimes stressful especially when its busy. The working condition is cold during winter and the working condition is hot in the summer. Good compensation. Good benefits.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Crowded environment

worst workplace ever! wouldn't send my worst enemy here!

get worked like a dog, treated worse then the packages and no respect! seniority confused with authority! Hr has no control nor do they care to fix problems. looking to be disrespected and disregarded this is the place for you!

benefits

Cons

everything else!

Fast paced environment

Its a fast paced environment and there is a lot of heavy lifting but my coworkers are very friendly and helpful. Management is great with solving problems and incidents.

Good Company

Wonderful work environment Good company. Good job. Great company. Not difficult to understand tasks. Wonderful employees and easy access to and from work

Pros

Cons

Physical Job

If you need extra cash. It’s the place to earn that cash , senior staff gets first pick tho

Hard work. Most times the staff are friendly especially the male staff they are willing to assist you if need when loads are too heavy managers don’t introduce themselves as they should to new employees alot of favouritism in this place between managers n older employees vs new employees

Pros

Quick cash if you need a part time job

Cons

too much bickering and unpleasantness in the mail sort

Nice low entry supply-chain position for people who like to get some industry experience and look for flexible PT work.

The bad way outweighs the few good aspects of the job. That’s indicative for the LTL branch. Very inflexible union environment and weak HR department, who doesn’t tackle workplace bullying enough by existing ethics in-groups. Everybody tries hard to get the best out for himself as much as possible, without consideration for other co-worker.

Pros

The occasional pizza lunch. Great workplace for Filipino people.

Cons

Untrustworthy and back-backing co-worker, who prefer to stick to their own ethnic in-groups. Worker don’t care about their work.

Fast pased environment

Very fast paced environment. Have worked here for almost 10 years. Management needs work. With better management I believe the whole building would run lot better. Favoritism is huge here.

Pros

None.

Cons

Understaffed, poor management

Great job if you enjoy working in a fast paced highly physical job

I really enjoy working here. Its a hard fast paced sometimes stressful and physically demanding job but we have a great crew and everyone helps each other out.

Pros

Overtime available if you want it

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader is a full-time position that pays well. Very fast paced and stressful .The team members know their duties and are usually helpful when you are backed up.This is a company that I'd wanted to work for and was finally hired after 2 placements as a temp. I like the challenge of tackling something different daily. I've known many of the drivers who dropped or picked up as a Shipper/Receiver over a 5 to 6 years span from my previous employer of nearly 20 years.

Pros

Guaranteed lunch breaks, decent pay and Free Friday coffee over the holidays.

Cons

Somewhat stressful at times. Not a perfect job but a pretty good one.

Worst location to work in is the Ontario Hub

I’ve worked there for a year and all I can say is management is horrible. They like playing mind games and are very unprofessional in my opinion. Whenever there was an issue and it was brought to HR or the Union, it was almost never solved. You will be treated like garbage if you don’t know people there. Unless you plan on moving up in the company, DONT bother staying as a sorter.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor Management

bad working environment

the work itself is very hard; bad ventilation system, too cold/too hot inside the trailer, on top of that, if you are new hired they send you for the hardest job. They put me alone in the trailer to unload it by myself, while 3 of the other people are just standing and talking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement