Purolator

Retail Sales Associate22 reviews
Canada22 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Not sanitary

The place had insects falling off of the ceiling. The staff were nice however there was drama where management is strongly disliked. Overall a good experience but definitely not long term.

Pros

relaxed

Cons

a lot of labour

Easy going job, paid well

The customers were mostly great, the work was straight forward and the pay was good. Just didn't offer full time, so had to move on. You don't have a manager working in store with you, so it can be very laid back. There are busy times of the day and quieter times as well.

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

overall fun place to work at

Cuatomer service is a big part of this job as you have to deal with customers on a daily basis. If you enjoy that or dont mind it too much then its a great job. Dont get to many angry customers but they do show up every now and then.

Pretty good company

Working at Purolator has been a pretty good experience so far. The work is not too hard. The only thing you have to worry about is shipping large items and dealing with irate customers. The pay is pretty good too but the only thing is that you don’t get much opportunity to make more hours outside of peak season. So, good pay rate + poor hours = okay pay cheque. You also only get benefits if you’re a full time employee which is unfortunate. The management is pretty decent and fellow employees aren’t too shabby either. It’s a good place to work if you’re a student because hours can be altered if needed. Definitely recommended to those who enjoy customer service and interaction.

The hardest part about this job

The hardest part of this job is that they throw lots of work at you and expect you to do it all in 4 hours. I learned how to be detail oriented. I liked assisting customers

Pros

no manager in the retail section

Cons

paying 70 dollars for your union fee

Fast paced and cooperative

I was hired a s temporary hire in retail department and my experience was fabulous. Despite being a faced paced environment, I really enjoyed as the coworkers, supervisors were very helpful and kind. They were with you all the time to ensure you are doing well, help you in learning and being there to cope up with you all the time.

Great company to work for!

I really enjoyed working at Purolator. The staff were so great and encouraging and friendly. My coworkers were beyond great! Very personable and encouraging! They were always willing to help when needed!

poor management

I never got trained for the position tthat I was hired for. They don't follow what is in your contract agreement but instead they put you in to other department and do something different that has nothing to do with what you have hired and i your job description. it's frustrating

Reliable company and well organized

Working at Purolator is another level of experience which is really phenomenal. The manager Heather and co-workers are super amazing and helpful. Always when i stress out they told me that take it easy, don't frustrate at workplace just ask us anything we are here for you! Since then i relieved and i ask them everything that i doubt... wonderful workplace!

Nice people

Recommend as everyone is supportive and helpful. Busy environment so days go by quickly. Management is awesome and easy to communicate with. Co-workers are the best

Fun workplace, opportunity for advancement and flexibility

Loved working here. The management was very helpful. Working environment also very friendly, coworkers work together to help out. Pay is pretty good and the hours are flexible.

Work hard and get paid good

Purolator is one of the best companies to work for outside of the government. The customers act a little entitled. but if you can get past that that then its great .

Management lack basic skills

Management lack basic communication skills. Can never great straight answers. Managers often talk down to there employees and the ones that don’t have just been thrown into the position without training. Expectations for the drivers to retail are unrealistic. Union is a waste of money.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

very physically demanding work environment

Get to work, sign in, start of shift meeting, start shift, load boxes into transport, take our lunch, head back to load up the remainder of the trucks then leave work .

Pros

always got my vacation times

Cons

bad hours

Fun place to work, good employees

Working with various drivers/routes was good to learn about area and operations conduct. Staff was friendly and enjoyable to work with. Many customers are regular and friendly.

fast paced, busy work enviorment

Fun place to work, fast paced, handle customer complaints, answer phones, email, deliver packages, organize freight, be able to lift up to 70 lb, download scanners

Best place to work

This was definitely the best place I have worked by far, the people were the greatest. I absolutely miss working there! Kind people! I ve has a few positions there and it was awesome!

Fun workplace

Management is great, with a number of different locations to move to. Always room to move up in the company when another position becomes available.

Great Job

Scanned packages daily into their locations, opening store duties. Dealt with daily regular cliental and public. Delivered packages to internal clients, assisted people is filling out paper and online information to send packages around the world. Cashier functions, answered phones, weighted packages, basic household cleaning.

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

secure place

is so hard to wake up early for work is a nice place to work but is sometime stressful when you are dealing with so much money and people always looking at you and every move you do

Perfect place to work

One of the best team members and management and fun filled environment to work with

Pros

Flexibility, great team members and management, lot to learn.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement