Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews for Preloader

No problems with Management.

I would have still liked to work there but I have retired after 28 yrs service. Its a good Canadian company to work for. It's a good start for students a lot of opportunities etc

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Productive but complicated at the same time effective.

I would recommend this company to one and all. Even though the management team. Stress on numbers, this company has good. working procedures,benefits and is unionized.

Pros

Once a month Pizzas for the crew. Coffee and Donuts every now and then.

Cons

Yes...junior most must stay... Equ

Extremely Stressful

Let me first state that there are several different kinds of positions in this company. If you are a Driver, sure there's stress involved, but the company pays you much more and seems to make a greater effort to address your issues. If you're Retail, it's a cozy enough job, just have to be polite to the public. If you're Management you're laughing. you get to stand around and supervise. The company actually has a policy where supervisors aren't allowed to do any work unless absolutely necessary. takes work away from the unionized workers. makes sense in theory, in practice you get a boss standing there watching you with their arms crossed while you get LITERALLY buried in freight coming off the line (conveyor belt). Now we come to Sorter/Preloader. Night shift. This is what I did. It is impossible,you literally have to be in multiple places at once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to stay on top of what they expect you to do, the result being that you fall further and further behind as the night goes on, and then you get chewed out by management and the drivers coming in to start their day. Both of which do less work for more money. Here's the inside scoop. Mental/Emotional breakdowns due to stress are all too common, and physical injuries as well. Repetitive movement injuries are most common. There is a hierarchy to the company, and the warehouse workers are on the bottom.

Worked nights so they were long.

It was hard work but it was worth the pay. The hours were long but went by quick. Having fact active work made the time pass very quickly, and was a good workout as well.

Pros

Goes by fast.

Cons

Night shifts.

its a stable job if you can work nights

purolator is overall a good company to work with if you have no issues working nights and you drive otherwise the transit will be a problem specially in winter you have to walk from the bus stop to the warehouse that will be a bit off a hassle because its up hill and a few blocks from the bus stop during winter time you will struggle with the walking although if you drive i guess the covinience is theres no traffic at night a bit of a rush in the morning but not that bad if you live around NE area

Pros

continues work

Cons

7hr ban/seniority may bump you anytime to accomodate seniority

Good pay, little to no time to yourself.

Working full time provided bountiful hours, and the wage was great, so you can make a good amount of money in a short amount of time. However, as full time requires that you work a split shift, your life really becomes little more than working and sleeping. Good for saving money, but not ideal for a long term situation. The management was good, despite what I'd heard from my coworkers, my only issue with the management being that the communication wasn't always on point, but it was hardly something to complain about. The work was a lot of lifting things up and putting things down, scanning packages, organizing trucks, standing at a line, and running around, and that wasn't so hard, so the pay for it was great. My other complaint about working here would be the work environment, it felt very much like high school cliques, though that was because most of the staff are related. Some coworkers were very hot headed and abusive, and even after being spoken to about it by management they persisted in various forms of harassment and it never really reached a sort of reconciliation, it was really just them pushing until they could get someone to just snap, though they never got the satisfaction they desired. So, if you read this wall text, I hope it helped, if not, I'll summarize: If you're looking to make some good money, this is a good job for you to consider, but if you want to have a life outside of work, it might be best to stick to something that doesn't entirely consume it.

Pros

Good pay, plenty of hours

Cons

Life consuming, clique-like environment, repetitive work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement