Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews for Driver

Routine same thing everyday

Management is Ziggy zaggy ,,communication is one sided, Trucks are only Washed once every 2 months , Drivers are never praised on good work they do..

Pros

Money is good

Cons

Selective service

Good Pay..That's it!..

If you like Micro Management by uneducated people who are facetious justifying their intelligence when they dont know the right answer to give, "This is the Place for You"...Managers Always looking to write you up for frivolous things. The Management staff hasn't a clue about Logistics, Trucking & Transport. A rush hurry up attitude but customers hold you back. The pay is good, but routes changed based on favoritism & their acceptance of you. A Pretentious mentality environment from most employees. No accountability from the majority. The company fixes problems by throwing money at it & wastes resources by not understanding logistics properly. The more you care & harder you work the less respect you obtain oppose sucking up to dispatch who control who drives the better trucks & trailers.

Pros

Pay Wages

Cons

Attitudes

It will provide you a sustainable and reliable solution to your economic and financial objectives with diversity enhanced environment. This is the company where job becomes fun and I love it.

Pros

Unionized job where seniority rules.

Cons

Difficult to have morning shift for at least 15 years.

Very bad working environment

Dishonest business concept. Just because under the law union can't hire part time or seasonal employees, from the get go they lie to you. Under presumption that they are hiring on full time base. Culture is very bad and childish like. Everything is about seniority. Overall very bad working environment. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Pros

Earnings are dissent

Cons

So many

Big Business

You're just a number. You get pushed to do more and more. Todays favour is tomorrows regular. Strong union creates an us against them environment. If you can handle it, this can be a life time job.

Pros

Good pay, pension and benefits.

Cons

Pressure, stress.

informative and job fact training essential

enjoyed the work and personal while training but the route assignment was foreign to me so I felt I could not do the job to there fast pace standards so had to resign.

Driving instructors need to be more specific on the first driving test instead of giving you the keys and saying lets go!!

Past written test that lead to a road test. Road test was not properly explained on what there driving expectations are. IE I was asked to park the vehicle anywhere In a parking lot... after parking I was informed I chose the wrong spot. I even asked the trainer anywhere and he said yes! Didn't travel through a railroad crossing slow enough? I guess they wanted me to push the truck through it because I was traveling well under the posted speed limit. I've driven commercial vehicles for 15 years and never came across such lack of explanation on what your expected to do as a driver. I thought this was a great place to work for. But if that's how you do your driving test?? Its pathetic! Good luck to the next guy or girl and make sure you understand there driving expectations. For such a big company. You would expect more out of there training staff. So disappointed in there lack of information and explanation.

Good job

It was an excellent place to work, fast paced and heavy lifting. Some shifts were long and didn't get much family time during the week. You have to be well organized for this position.

Be very wary of applying to this company

A large portion of new hires are let go within a year after being hired. In our case, they started talking of a lack of work my first day after training and 40% of us were let go within ten working days. All of the "older" new hires were the ones let go. If you are under 30 and smoke it may be worth a roll of the dice

Good pay

Good pay. Typical unionized environment. Some managers very easy to work with but others work against workers. Hard to get information about union or other job related questions.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Night shift

Jobs at Purolator

Driver positions
See more jobs

It can be fun most times

over all its a nice place to work.. lots of hours if you are looking for overtime.. to increase your overall paycheck.. has good benefits like health dental optical...

Purolator

I worked for this company prior to purchase by Canada Post and do not have any current information to provide. During the time, it was a good place to work but required early start and long days

good job

sort through truck deliver packages and pick up How to operate scanner. Enjoy working with customers like a family environment

Enjoyed being around people

Purolator was very busy but enjoyable place to work.Co workers were fun to be around.Management support was always there.If we had a problem they would help in resolving it.Not to much paper work as it was all computers at the end.

Pros

Clients always happy, good benefits paid breaks, pension, and holidays.

Cons

long hours, Over loadding of parcels, missed place parcels, Had to work through lunch at times.

A great team to work with. Excellent wages and bennefits for not being a skilled labourer.

Work begins at 8:45 am, our trucks are all preloaded (most days) I start with a vehicle pre check to insure a safe vehicle for the days work. I drive to Kingston, doing deliveries up to Bridgetown and return doing pickups. Skills learned would be people skills, and managing my time to do my job as efficient as possible. Management staff is a great asset in managing our runs to best suit our needs. My co-workers are the best, great people and great team members. I feel there is no hard part to the job. I've enjoyed it for 34 years. Seeing a smile on a customers face when you know you just made their day is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Wages and bennefits

Very bad company!!!!

please don't invest any time with Purolator.No job culture, you will be treated like a number. Union just take your money, worst managers in the industry.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

its okay

the work place is good and its okay, driving for the whole day

Cons

its okay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement