Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative38 reviews
Canada38 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Pay was great, management wasn't very good

Loved working there for the first 5 years then the company started going down hill. They don't care about there employees even if you have worked there for a long time. Everyone is replacable.

Could be so much better

Pros: good pay and benefits, no sellingCons: scheduling is based on "seniority" and when asking for better shifts the answer is vague as to what qualifies an agent for a better schedule. Required to login into unnecessary and inefficient time clock software that operates separately from phone software. You are reprimanded and docked pay if you don't use both. No chance for advancement, jobs are posted internally however some stay up for months on end with no actioning leading me to believe they are false listings. No training opportunities to advance internally.

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Easy just put in the work.

Fast paced, stressfull at times. Gets boring when slow. Room for growth if you plan to dedicate 20+ years for them and get paid maybe $30/hour by then.

Great place to work and grow. Managers are supportive.

The only downfall is they required an experimental medical procedure that I refused to take. Even though it's been proven the ones who did not take this procedure are not a threat to the health of others, they won't change their policy. If a vaccine does not protect against a virus, it is not a vaccine. They lost many good employees because of this desciminatory policy.

Chances to move into different departments and roles that you like to be trained in

This company has excellent benefits and great work atmosphere, feeling like you’re very supported. Coworkers can be like family and supervisors are friends and never make you feel like they are superior to you.

Pros

Fully paid benefits and bonuses during a productive year

Cons

Sometimes can be scheduled until midnight, have to be calm with irrational customers

A good place to work

This is a great place to work you can work from home, they have flexible hours, the training is really good, people are nice, there is little to no pressure.

Pros

work from home, flexible hours

Good home based job

The company offers great training and ongoing support. Logistics/analytics for time on calls is clear and well measured. Great follow up with team leaders to improve time holds etc.

Pros

Team leaders are supportive and great training.

Cons

Wait times for IT support can blow call times and upset hateful customers

Ok

Job was fast paced. Some office staff was hard to work with and the managers were not eat to work for. Customers were awesome, drivers were pretty good but the rest of the staff not easy to.be around.

Pros

Hours

I liked it

I can’t say much because I was only part time at the desk. But for the most part it was a lovely job. Not overly difficult or stressful. You will get the occasional angry customer though if the delivery people leave the packages somewhere they disagree with.

Unsecure job

Hire as part time 30hrs, permanent, flex. Then after four months get laid off. Even with a three month review score of 100% . Apparently they do this frequently. One month after lay off they have advertising for same job available. But don't contact or recall anyone who has been laid off, even if you had an excellentreview

Fast paced workplace but not hard on the employees.

Purolator is relatively calm compared to other call center workplaces, the management is attentive and accommodates a lot for a part-time student like me.

productive warhouse

not a bad place to work, decent pay for the work you do. management here isn't the best as the majority of them are new people, learned a lot of new things as I'm still here I'm learning new stuff every day. the hardest part of my job would be that there isn't enough staffing so ill be doing most of the work and overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I get a lot of hours and my co-workers are great people to be around.

They make you feel like family!!!

When I first started it was nerve wrecking, but the team leads and managers really help and try to help you do well and achieve goals as a team as well as move forward in the company. In my eyes I found my forever family ☺️

Too many inner politics; bumping of positions within to keep your job going

Not a terribly reliable place to work; seniority dictates your shifts & hours; management not too professional; staff helpful with each other most of the time

creative team

awesome work environment with dedicated staff's , team goals and striving force in customer care representation , i enjoyed working every single day

Supportive team

Team lead and other staff are very supportive. Could be stressful at times due to large volume of calls especially dyring the holiday seasons but rest assured that you get all the support you need.

Low morale workplace where people put in time and mistrust management

Unionized workforce who count down time to retirement while doing as little as possible to collect a paycheque. Demoralizing environment for someone who is a goal-oriented go-getter who wants to help the company

Was good place 20 years ago

When I worked there, management was good but you had standards that you had to meet. They were open to ideas on how to make things better. Christmas time was very stressful as there was an over abundance of shipping going on. It was a bit unfair at times being English and not bilingual but that may have changed over the years.

Wasn't for me

Paid good, can be a bit depressive because you basicly work by yourself, training should be longer; especially for french (bilingual) people. If you like to talk a lot but only to customers then this might be for you. I honestly thought it was very lonely.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No 'teamwork' at all

Dont walk " Run" from this business , Horribly Managed

My time here was short and im so thankful for that . Terrible Management and team leads, im sure there are a couple in there good but I just didn't meet any . Ur schedule will change every week and they will not accommodate any appointments u may have even if it's a month notice . They treat you horrible unless u literally are a serious brown noser and have no opinion and a bk bone to defend ur self , they don't like that..oh well , no one walks all over me . The trainers were very caddy and the Manager shes worse they try to bully . This company does NOT care about their employees and its such a disappointment as I thought Puralator was such a great company and used their services in the past , well never again . Just do urself a favor and don't apply here , there are so many other great contact centers around . Stay away from this one if u like to be a valued employee.

Pros

Other employees, they were great .

Cons

Management, poor scheduling, everything

Poor Management style

Lack of focus....Be emphathetic towards employees...they are the ones contributing to bottom line. Sr mgmt including CEO need to change. Politics and favoritism galore. Treat past employees with respect.

Pros

A few Good Men

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement