Purolator

Courier Driver47 reviews
Canada47 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Good work environment.

Very little to zero job security!Job security comes by how long you been in the union.Sad really!!. Hire to many people at peak season and then the lay-offs begin.

not a fun place

They hire you to get the Christmas rush done and 10 a week and than lay off 10 a week on your 3 month start date so that is on your probation date. Not a good company to work for that does that to people

Pros

nothing

Cons

as many as you want

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Great company. Weekends off and holidays also

Great company. Weekends off and holidays also, as long as you get the job done and everyone's happy. Would recommend to apply if you see a post go up.

Pros

Great work life

Cons

Busy at Christmas time. But it's still great

Very stressful, no job security, management is malfunction.

No job security, malfunction management, stressful environment, worthless union. Managers alway blame every to you. Managers use foul language and abusive language front of other workers.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management and union

Terrible place for employment

Management is filled with a bunch of grown people acting like they are still in high school. Coworkers are rats that think by snitching they will get a raise or promotion.

Too much pressure

I do not recommend this at all. Too much pressure... long hours...they will hire you for busy season after that they will lay you off or say you didn't pass probation....

Pros

OK pay but wait 4 years to actually get decent pay.

Cons

Looooonnng hours.... pressure.....will hire for busy seasons only

Was good

Was employed for Xmas rush. Was great courior experience. The work load was reasonable as well as decent pay. Worth trying for full time as they offer a decent benefit package.

Cons

Heaters sucked in trucks, very cold during cold snaps

It was a decent job

I liked the job but unfortunately once the economy slowed down the management started to let go people based on seniority so since I was hired among the last people I had to go which sucked.

Lied to or misinformed when hired

They told me 3yrs to max pay during hiring..not true its 4. 300 pieces is normal could be closer to 500 pieces. A Utility courier is totally at Purolators wants re-hours or placement of route. Seniority has bumping rights. It's a Union yes but it won't HELP. Asked Managers for help with learning routes. Was ignored. Final straw was being told next Sat I was demanded to be on road 10 hours. 8am-6pm.

Pros

I quit

Cons

Everything about Purolator

Terrible place to work

If you like being bullied by managers and their Minion spy’s , yelled at and harassed this is the place for you . Oh ya just because you sign on permanent full time doesn’t mean you’ll have a job after the Christmas rush ! Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this place .

Pros

Home time

Cons

Being treated like an animal

Good paying job!

I liked working there for the most part. I had a issue with one of the managers there and ended up quiting after almost 10 years. I regret leaving there and wish thing worked out differently.

Pros

Get paid well

Cons

Hard on the back

Can be stressful at times, but tomrw is always a new day. People are there to help you when you need it. Friendly environment. Training. You get to know the city streets after awhile.

Pros

Good pay. Nice people. Most things are provided for you.

Cons

Can be long hours.

Meaningful work assisting our community and beyond.

The people are always the most important element any any workplace. Purolator Kingston terminal has a superb crew all around. Managers are attentive and work to get the job done as well as find ways to meet the needs of every employee. There are perks and excellent benefits available.

Pros

Great supervisors and managers

Cons

None to report

Review from a Long time Employee

I have enjoyed the 20 plus years I have worked at Purolator. The work environment is fast paced, you are expected to do your job and deliver packages on time and to the right place. Do your job and you will have no problems. If you want a great job with great pay and benefits and even a retirement pension Purolator is the place for you as long as your expectations are realistic. Do the job safely, accurately and on time and you will succeed. There is plenty of opportunity to advance within the company based on what path you choose to take. I started as a Dock worker and became a driver and have thought about moving to management many times but I enjoy the "Freedom" being on the road and not in an office brings.

Pros

Great pay and benefits Package!

Fat paced but rewarding.

Work hard customers first.Show up every day,It is a job for people who like to work alone and enjoy being unsupervised, The task is simple.Drive safely don't get lost don't panic .Have fun. You will do well.

Great

Great would recommend working for purolator Very fast paced and good job security .must have good driving record,police clearance is required and fingerprints

multi culture, and productive work place

based on my individual experience, very good work place and management, very decent salary, All the unit managers are very cool, especially my manager. lots of fun, many things to learn

productive and fun place to work

i honestly belived purolator is a excellent place to work if u can get a full time job there , every body is helpfull to get you up to speed so you know how to get the job done safely and efficiently.

The managers are brutal liars and thevteamstets are usless.

The managers will invent reasons to fire you and then offer you a position on the dock. They can't get dock workers because the pace is brutal and sometimes impossible. The teamsters are useless.

Great place to work for

It was hard to get in so they took 2 month process to offer me the paperwork for the position. I love it u goo to a lot of places but it’s stressful because u have to finish around 135 stops per day and the worst time is October to end of December u get up to 220 stops per day so for sure long hours A bit weak union to fix some situations

Satisfactory

Not a bad place to work. Fast paced but management was horrible. Employees were helpful, genuine and hardworking. Organized but not efficient on a daily basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement