Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews for Courier Driver

Can be stressful at times, but tomrw is always a new day. People are there to help you when you need it. Friendly environment. Training. You get to know the city streets after awhile.

Pros

Good pay. Nice people. Most things are provided for you.

Cons

Can be long hours.

Meaningful work assisting our community and beyond.

The people are always the most important element any any workplace. Purolator Kingston terminal has a superb crew all around. Managers are attentive and work to get the job done as well as find ways to meet the needs of every employee. There are perks and excellent benefits available.

Pros

Great supervisors and managers

Cons

None to report

Review from a Long time Employee

I have enjoyed the 20 plus years I have worked at Purolator. The work environment is fast paced, you are expected to do your job and deliver packages on time and to the right place. Do your job and you will have no problems. If you want a great job with great pay and benefits and even a retirement pension Purolator is the place for you as long as your expectations are realistic. Do the job safely, accurately and on time and you will succeed. There is plenty of opportunity to advance within the company based on what path you choose to take. I started as a Dock worker and became a driver and have thought about moving to management many times but I enjoy the "Freedom" being on the road and not in an office brings.

Pros

Great pay and benefits Package!

Fat paced but rewarding.

Work hard customers first.Show up every day,It is a job for people who like to work alone and enjoy being unsupervised, The task is simple.Drive safely don't get lost don't panic .Have fun. You will do well.

Great

Great would recommend working for purolator Very fast paced and good job security .must have good driving record,police clearance is required and fingerprints

multi culture, and productive work place

based on my individual experience, very good work place and management, very decent salary, All the unit managers are very cool, especially my manager. lots of fun, many things to learn

productive and fun place to work

i honestly belived purolator is a excellent place to work if u can get a full time job there , every body is helpfull to get you up to speed so you know how to get the job done safely and efficiently.

The managers are brutal liars and thevteamstets are usless.

The managers will invent reasons to fire you and then offer you a position on the dock. They can't get dock workers because the pace is brutal and sometimes impossible. The teamsters are useless.

Great place to work for

It was hard to get in so they took 2 month process to offer me the paperwork for the position. I love it u goo to a lot of places but it’s stressful because u have to finish around 135 stops per day and the worst time is October to end of December u get up to 220 stops per day so for sure long hours A bit weak union to fix some situations

Satisfactory

Not a bad place to work. Fast paced but management was horrible. Employees were helpful, genuine and hardworking. Organized but not efficient on a daily basis

Jobs at Purolator

Courier Driver positions
See more jobs

Terminated without cause due to low volume

Package flow decreased after Christmas season and they fired people without cause. Mandatory overtime to finish deliveries. When loads got lighter, hours were cut as soon as you got back base and were expected to finish early.

Nothing but lies

This company does nothing but lie. They hired 18 people last year and let every single one go days before completion of the probationary period including myself. This has now become a common practice. The company hires people during the busy season at a cheap rate of 18 bucks an hour. Days before your probation is up bye bye and they hire the next batch in February. Stay away

Pay was good weekly, very disorganized

Worked there for a couple months and liked my coworkers and Manager, but upper management had no clue and didn’t care about employees. Union was useless in dealing with employee problems. My coworkers and I were pressured into stressful work and almost impossible job expectations from upper management, and when we stated our frustrations only our direct manager cared but his hands were tied. Upper manager was an ignorant jerk, and union reps were incompetent / lazy. The best part was being on the road, when volumes were low, and not dealing with the disorganized chaos created by upper manager who was ignorant disconnected from reality of courier job barriers.

Pros

Good pay, good coworkers, good work/life balance

Cons

Upper management and union being useless trouble making liars

Productive and fun workplace with a table ten.

best company I've ever worked for fun environment fun activities bosses and Foreman's are all awesome and easy to get along with. too bad my father passed away and I had to go take over the family business it's just really hard to get back in once you leave do not ever leave this company. I have applied every month and it's still hard to get on... August 2019

Pros

Great environment

Cons

None straight

Bad management

Hired me just about November last year .saying they will train us while it s busy .but I was surprised they was no training at all we .were doing deliveries same as guys whos been doing that job for years requesting from us 80 to 100 stop an hour .then after the horrible busy season (Christmas)is done on the 5th day of Christmas they start letting us go one by one saying that we didn't meet there productivity

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Very long hours, bad management

Great company, but long hours.

Purolator is a great place with great people, but my main issue is with work and life balance. I enjoy working with them, but there is a lot of overtime on an almost daily basis.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Long hours, no time to eat lunch

Managers came & went. Some were great others no so much. As a result, the culture changed with each manager. This is still a good workplace with room for advancement.

Deceiving

This company is deceiving. They hire you then let you go after a couple of days for not passing driving test. I had already left my other job to work at Purolator.

Pros

Cons

deceiving

Courier Delivery (did not past the probation period).

I'll try to give an honest review of this branch of the company: I have worked for Purolator for three months as a courier driver. They cut me off at the end of my probation because I wasn't what they expected. This is not intended as a bad blood review. I'm trying to give you the low down if you aren't experienced as a driver. I was let go for productivity reasons and probably wasn't their best asset but I was trying hard everyday and was not slacking. Pros: -Management tries really hard to be nice and human. -There is a great environment of respect and help in the workplace. -The starting pay and future benefits is better than average. -The job is really pleasant and you get to drive for the whole day without a boss nearby. -You are given a week of theory and hands-on training before being sent to your depot to train with experienced employees on their runs. Cons: -Management does not give you a lot of feedback on your performance so it is hard to know if you are doing good according to their standards or if you aren't (this is not just me as a few of my colleagues had that issue) -Depending on how well you know the city, you might struggle. Applications such as Road Warrior might smoothen your experience as an inexperienced driver. -You have to try and find a strategy to spend the least time organizing your packages in the depot if you are a backup since your truck is not listed in the morning. -Putting gas in your truck and getting deployed late will play on your day and how your commercials might be open or close. -The standard policy is to do 11 stops -

Garbage

Worked for the amazon division. Very unorganized. They say you can take 30min break. but goodluck doing that. Langley Location is the worst one. Do not recommend

Pros

co workers

Cons

mangement, hours

Great place to work for learned lots self motivated job owner operator must have own van route plan longer than 8 hrs must pick up over 100 lbs at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement