Purolator logo
Purolator
Happiness score is 61 out of 100Average

Purolator Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Good job if you get started early

If you pay your dues early you will be given an opportunity. The seasonal driver should know he will not be kept on. A lot of nice people to work with but the lead manager is low on intelligence.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Long hours and hard on the body

Nice Environment

Good team and good work environment People do their work without any problem, a friendly atmosphere. I think a little music might release some tension in the storage area.

Pros

Flexibles

Cons

A bus for the employeer can be great.

Wouldn’t recommend to t.

You’re gonna start by a week of online training which is just 2 instructors reading a PowerPoint to you. Then on your first day/week there going to assign you to random task that don’t have to do with the job you where hired for. The management and HR have no idea what’s going on. Had to ask multiple managers. You won’t get a break even if it by law in Manitoba after 5 hours you’re required a 30 minutes unpaid break. No uniforms will be provided and you need to order and wait over a week so prepare to ruin your own clothes. The trainer left home halfway through the first day at being at the warehouse and won’t explain to you the scanner training and they’ll just expect you know how to do it. Anyways you would think because it’s a big unionized company it would be organized safe neat etc... but it wasn’t at all. Absolute waist of time. And expect to be doing random jobs and routes for years before even getting close to seniority to apply for a set route.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

un professional management and HR, little to no training, dirty environment, no social distancing.

productive warhouse

not a bad place to work, decent pay for the work you do. management here isn't the best as the majority of them are new people, learned a lot of new things as I'm still here I'm learning new stuff every day. the hardest part of my job would be that there isn't enough staffing so ill be doing most of the work and overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I get a lot of hours and my co-workers are great people to be around.

terrible management no room for advancement and lots of layoffs

Not a good place to work, no job security and really bad work culture. Staff most of the time was ok but management sucked and didn't care about you they just wanted their work done.

productive and assertive.

on a typical day everyone is always busy because of the volume of freight that we are dealing with everyday. so we need to finish it sorting before the shift ends so that it will be ready for delivery the next day.

As a part-time job, it's a proper job. But not for long-term career development. It is mainly vigorous work, do not need too many technical requirements. So I hope to find a job which is related to my background.

A good starting position

I was a Sorting for the P.M. shift. The hours are decent, though because it was all the way out by the airport I had to pay a bit for travel. The salary is actually really good for a starting position. I wouldn't recommend it for once you've gotten a few years experience at other places under your belt, but if you're just out of school and looking for something, or even just want a summer job, it pays well. Management is all right. They'll help you out on your first day, and then slowly back off to let you do your own thing. For a job like this I'd say it's a good way of going about things. Maybe it was because I was on the P.M. shift, but as far as my co-workers went many of them seemed somewhat drained. They didn't seem to have a lot of energy, and with a few exceptions, didn't really seem like they were happy there. Not sure if this is different for the A.M. shift but something to be aware of. Overall, I'd say it's a nice place to start out.

Pros

A good starting position

Cons

Co-workers were a little lifeless

A great place to start your logistics career

A great place to begin your logistics career. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Make friends and long lasting relationships. A great employer for new logistics workers.

Pros

Good pay

Fast paced and fun

I learnt a lot about the shipping and delivery industry. I worked there when they had a lot of goods coming in because Canada Post was on strike. It was like the boxes were never ending, but somehow we managed to get through that period and successfully deliver the overflow. You get an idea of what people in Winnipeg are buying and selling which is very valuable information. My manager would join us once in a while to load and unload boxes, and overall it was a very good place to work.

Jobs at Purolator

in Winnipeg, MB
See more jobs

Great

Great work experience with customers and knowledgeable staff. A lot of hands on work for different aspects of a business job.

retail/grocery

my typical day would be unload truck,sort the mail,receive stock,price stock, put stock out for sale, do up the produce order and put onto shelf,setup cash registers, balance the day and due the deposit, make sure there is enough cash to cash weekly payrolls for the towns people and then get all orders ready for next weeks products, and the end I would balance all cash registers and close the post office and then close the store.

Pros

bonus at end of year

Cons

health care, dental, vision, travel

Great place to work but hard to advance

A wonderful place to work with great coworkers. Only real negative is there is no real room for advancement and generally takes years to move up.

minimal personal time with most employees

11 to 13 hr days, loaded truck in the AM left building got back in the evening, drove 300kms/day lower management just puppet to district manager no decision without going to him

Pros

self emploted

Cons

district manager

I enjoyed my time there for the most part. There were very challenging times but also some very rewarding ones.

Overall a great opportunity for a really good job with good wages and benefits for someone who has limited education but wants to work hard. I take pride in the on-time and health and safety records we accomplished in my time there. I would have gladly continued working there until retirement if given the opportunity.

Pros

Wages and benefits, occasional free hot soup on cold days, free pizza

Cons

The weather. Work is mostly outside and always at night. Brrr

Bad company, ran by monkeys

The 506 depot is notorious for having bad management for every shift. They force employees to work above and beyond of what is expected. It is not their fault as the district manager calls the shots and if you do not produce he will stretch you a new one. Some managers do not know your name, even if you been there for 2 years. District Manager always implements his "ideas" to make operations run smooth and efficient, but they backfire make things worse. He has no experience in the warehouse so he doesn't know what he is talking about. If Purolator changed management and lowered it's account pricing, they would attract more business and not have a high turnover rate. I see in the near future that UPS will buy them out...which is the talk lately. Other than that the only thing that is great about Purolator are the employees who don't suck on the DM.

Pros

Wage

Cons

District Manager

great place

learned how to work at high pacemanagement was greatco workers were quiet, yet professionalhardest part of the job was the stopping of the linemost enjoyable part was the productivity

Good Workplace

i love to work at purolator workplace is good and fun and all the people are really nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement