Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Routine same thing everyday

Management is Ziggy zaggy ,,communication is one sided, Trucks are only Washed once every 2 months , Drivers are never praised on good work they do..

Pros

Money is good

Cons

Selective service

Terrible place to work. Stay away.

Fast paced, heavy lifting. People constantly getting hurt on the job, and unless you're unable to move they still expect you to come in and work on "modified" duties. the building is filthy with thick layers of soot everywhere. workers are undervalued, and most managers have no people skills and scream, or just harass employees with nonsense. The Teamster union is a joke. minimum breaks - 15min for every 3hrs, one 30min break if you're working 7-8hrs. your sick/floater days get used automatically for holidays that the company snakes out of actually paying you for. 50cents an hour extra for driving a forklift. $30 A WEEK premium for taking on plenty of extra responsibilities as a Team Leader. no midnight premium pay. Frequent Covid19 outbreaks with no hazard pay. no real advancement here, you're expected to work like a mule for little pay. Having said all that, I do enjoy the cultural diversity, and work associates are surprisingly humble to be working here.. but most people don't last a month after getting hired.

Pros

Raises are automatic

Cons

way too many.

Run away.

I worked as an AM Sorter and i was made to do tasks different from what i was employed to do. The Union representative is useless. The manager wants me sucking up to him. You have to make sure your hours worked are well captured because they always find ways to reduce your hours. If you clock in 40 hours a week you might see 25hours on your pay slip. Their workflow is so senseless. Not a good place to work. The old employees are snitches.

Pros

Cons

They cheat you on your hours clocked in. Their work culture is horrible.

Dishonest hiring practisss amid Covid-19

I was hired in february for a 4:30-8:30 evening shift. Two layoffs and six months later they tell me I can't return to work unless I take a shift with no transportation at night.Wasted a LOT of my time that could have gone towards finding honest employment. I would get anxiety over the next HR phone call constantly telling me my shift is gone or my workplace changed. Good riddance!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor hours, dishonest management

Good Pay..That's it!..

If you like Micro Management by uneducated people who are facetious justifying their intelligence when they dont know the right answer to give, "This is the Place for You"...Managers Always looking to write you up for frivolous things. The Management staff hasn't a clue about Logistics, Trucking & Transport. A rush hurry up attitude but customers hold you back. The pay is good, but routes changed based on favoritism & their acceptance of you. A Pretentious mentality environment from most employees. No accountability from the majority. The company fixes problems by throwing money at it & wastes resources by not understanding logistics properly. The more you care & harder you work the less respect you obtain oppose sucking up to dispatch who control who drives the better trucks & trailers.

Pros

Pay Wages

Cons

Attitudes

Good Company to work with

Working as team leader I have enjoyed 2 years in Purolator. Good friendly people to work with. I will recommend every one to work if they are strong.

Pros

Good benefit and good pay beside you do not need to go to any where to work out work out

Cons

There is no Cons if you do your job with honesty

had a ok lunch room with a tv

working at purolator is a great job to get into if you like working at warehouses, the pay is great with reasonable hours and its a great working environment

Good company but....

I enjoyed the work even if it was very hard sometimes. They hired before peak season end of 2019 and once they had no freight for all the drivers, they fire you.

Pros

Salary - Benefits

Cons

Management -

They are pretty fair at Purolator. If you do get your foot in the door its a nice place to work. The challenges here are only to make sure you're punctual for work and knowing where your deliveries are located.

Na

I worked for purolator for 37 years retired in 2017 it was a great place to work with good salary and benefits you had a job to do as a courier you do your job to the best of your ability and you have no problems safety at purolator was a big concern and for me no safer place to work good pension too management was always working with you to make your job as easy as possible

Jobs at Purolator

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Terminated without cause due to low volume

Package flow decreased after Christmas season and they fired people without cause. Mandatory overtime to finish deliveries. When loads got lighter, hours were cut as soon as you got back base and were expected to finish early.

It's a great place to work. Would like to see more opportunities to advance at a corporate level. Also it's very frustrating to always have to correct salaries with managers on a weekly basis.

Good job

It was an excellent place to work, fast paced and heavy lifting. Some shifts were long and didn't get much family time during the week. You have to be well organized for this position.

Productive workplace

Great place to work, good work life balance. The team leads were great. As a team, we used to achieve targets every quarter. The management was caring about work-life balance.

Pros

Management Support

Work

This was my first job during my high school days. Even though the pay was good the job is non stop depending on where you're placed in the company. You can work part time or full time and not have to worry about your hours and the wage is really good.

Diverse place to work with good benefit. I learned a lot in terms of shipping and receiving and time management. The hardest part is when holiday season, the busiest time. I have developed my team lead ability and a good team player in a fast paced place.

Its pretty bad, just a company to make money amd leave

So the worst thing is the Management, the Company intentionally hires the biggest idiot they can find. In most cases managers make worse decisions than 3 day temps. I feel bad for customers. I've seen the same products do up and down that belt for 4 weeks plus.. On top of that, the will have 100's of packages on a small 1.5 foot wide platform.. and you can/will step on customer packages. or even call and hurt yourself. And dont expect the Management to care lol. The manager is usually im charge of payroll. So expect your pay to get messed up. I wouldn't work here as a career. This is a place you use for money and walk out every day happy at the end of the shift.

Pros

Work is heavy but not difficult

Cons

worst management, unsafe, unpaid wages, bad employee moral, depressing future, only busy durong holiday season l

A great place to work if you're single

There's always work available. You need to keep up with all the changes. Evolving. A lot of opportunities. Mixed reactions on the unionized employees

environnement de travail un peu tendu du à l'attitude du gerant de nuit

Je n'ai pas vraiment grande chose à dire sur la compagnie elle-même, mais, certains hommes qui l'animent ont empoisonné l'atmosphère et l'environnement.

Pros

excellente relation interpersonnelle

Cons

L'instabilité du temps de break

great company

Have been an employee for 8 years plus now and would recommend this company as a suitable work place. lots of flexibility regarding work/life balance.

Pros

great benifits

Cons

hard to advance

great company

Location closed down, call center was moved to Moncton, when i was there the managers did their best to push and help you advance within the company to different positions.

Pros

room for advancement

Cons

closed location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement