Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Peterborough, ON

3.7Pay & benefits

Fast paced

Pretty good to work for but definitely favoritism and some stand around doing nothing. Also when it slows down if your not young enough your gone. If you fall or get hurt they say I fall all the time. Some drivers treat sorters badly.

Pros

Cons

Not enough hours

continual stress and harrassment

If you want to live a healthy happy life avoid this place at all costs!! They abuse their employees like no other I've seen. You're a number used to obtain their end goal (money) and will be treated as so. management is laughable and if you're expecting the union to help you or have your back, forget it!!

not fun less your in the inner cirrcle

management is bad and alot of politics go on and they tend to such there responsibilities onto anyone and if you are to compare it to ups pay and there union they blow this place out of the ballpark

good pay with benefits

Delivering goods learned many of the back roads through Ontario

Pros

Good pay with benefits

Cons

treat you like a number not a person

Good pay, little to no time to yourself.

Working full time provided bountiful hours, and the wage was great, so you can make a good amount of money in a short amount of time. However, as full time requires that you work a split shift, your life really becomes little more than working and sleeping. Good for saving money, but not ideal for a long term situation. The management was good, despite what I'd heard from my coworkers, my only issue with the management being that the communication wasn't always on point, but it was hardly something to complain about. The work was a lot of lifting things up and putting things down, scanning packages, organizing trucks, standing at a line, and running around, and that wasn't so hard, so the pay for it was great. My other complaint about working here would be the work environment, it felt very much like high school cliques, though that was because most of the staff are related. Some coworkers were very hot headed and abusive, and even after being spoken to about it by management they persisted in various forms of harassment and it never really reached a sort of reconciliation, it was really just them pushing until they could get someone to just snap, though they never got the satisfaction they desired. So, if you read this wall text, I hope it helped, if not, I'll summarize: If you're looking to make some good money, this is a good job for you to consider, but if you want to have a life outside of work, it might be best to stick to something that doesn't entirely consume it.

Pros

Good pay, plenty of hours

Cons

Life consuming, clique-like environment, repetitive work

Jobs at Purolator