Purolator logo
Purolator
Happiness score is 62 out of 100Average

Purolator Employee Reviews in Owen Sound, ON

Purolator

I worked for this company prior to purchase by Canada Post and do not have any current information to provide. During the time, it was a good place to work but required early start and long days

Toxic Environment

A sorter job itself is not the absolute worst, unless it's at Purolator where they expect you to work at the speed of light to unload multiple trailers in 3 hours by yourself. Then to top it off they want you to help load the delivery vehicles, which every driver wants done differently. They pay about $1.50(more or less) over minimum and expect you to work like you're making $25+/hour.Want a short break between unloading the trailers or before helping to load the delivery vehicles? Too bad, you'll be reamed out, be seen as lazy, and possibly fired if you haven't worked enough to be part of the union.It is recommended to avoid this location as you will likely NOT be treated as an equal. If you are a mature person, you will not fit in with the childish culture and poor management.

Pros

Cons

Management, Toxic culture & co-workers, Few hours, Low pay, No advancement

Terrible

This company was the most disorganized place I have ever worked, as a temp there was very little training and no job security either.management here are snakes, and dishonest. (If they are around at all)Very "clicky" atmosphere also, if you don't fit with the "cool kids" then your talked about and made fun of.Pay is good for drivers but lock hands get shafted.

Pros

Cons

Disorganized, unfriendly, terrible management.

Good workout, but bad place to work

The job itself is not the worst. The AM Sorter position at the Owen Sound depot is actually a pretty good workout. You unload a full 48' trailer and then a partially loaded 48' trailer, then you are asked to load up a delivery van or two. Not too bad of a job, but all the drivers have their own way of how they like their trucks loaded. So, there is a slight learning curve. Caution with this job is a must as whoever is loading these trucks does a poor job and tends to put the heavy stuff at the top, so it can be a bit dangerous. To get these items down, I was told "just give the bottom part a pull and let the items on top fall". Lots of stuff breaks with this terrible method. The AM Sorter position has a high turnover rate due to the manager not being able to deal with minor inconveniences. This manager would rather fire you than deal with anything. My advice, don't talk at all until your probation is up, or you'll likely find yourself without a job. HR does not care about you either, as I learned quickly. Also, if you don't like workplace gossip, this is not the place for you. Everything you do is reported to the manager by nosy co-workers.

Pros

Good Workout, Union

Cons

Management, Co-Worker Gossip, Job Culture

Great job terrible management at local depot

I really enjoyed this job and the people i worked with i just think that the management was terrible and did not treat employees the way they deserved.

Pros

Good physical labour

Cons

Split shift

Good hourly wage and poor management.

Started the day with circle check, maintenance check, loaded truck and set out to deliver parcels and mail. Whether I had too much on a truck or too little, it mattered not to management. Long hours were expected to "get your truck empty" regardless of weather or road conditions. Co-workers were usually pleasant as they were going thru the same thing. Management was different so many times in 26 years and I felt they had not been trained for rural Grey-Bruce as they all came from the cities. I really enjoyed the customers, families and companies I met each day, Being on the road all day was a great job, finding addresses unknown was great, and an overall feeling of accomplishment was most enjoyable. My salary was able to put 3 children thru University so this made everything an enjoyable career. I learned that driving is a natural talent for me as I won numerous Canadian truck driving competitions (my name is in the truck driving history as the only woman to win Provincial, National and Grand National trophies.). I learned that so many times management has their hands tied by Corporate, and common sense does not prevail. For 26 years, it was rewarding, interesting and a fulfilling career.

Pros

Meeting people and driving

Cons

We never met our CEO or bosses out of Toronto.

Jobs at Purolator