Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

It's very fast paced with production daily

My experience with the company was very good very at least 9 years. Was able to learn a lot and was challenge to try different departments worked my way up to senior clerk looking after the afternoon billing department.The wages could have been better but we're at par according to other courier companies.Was dedicated as an employee but when they started too downsize was let go on my 10th year.The payout wasnt the greatest either.

Pros

Opportunities too learn and move up were great.

Cons

Money could have been better

Productive but complicated at the same time effective.

I would recommend this company to one and all. Even though the management team. Stress on numbers, this company has good. working procedures,benefits and is unionized.

Pros

Once a month Pizzas for the crew. Coffee and Donuts every now and then.

Cons

Yes...junior most must stay... Equ

Fun temporary work

Hired in HR/L&D during busy period while company also managing response to COVID. Management will give you training and necessary coaching during your time there. The hardest part of the job is knowing what your functions when the company is currently adapting its processes and responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job are the coaches. My learning is this: Purolator does take good care of the training and development of its own permanent employees, but you are still essentially expendable if you are a temporary worker.

Pros

Good pay, Good Coaches, Collaborative and Independent work environment

Cons

Rare Temp to Permanent Hire

wonderful place to work

Purolator is a well established company that cares about its employees. From the benefits and salary to life work balance. They have a work hard but enjoy life approach that makes it a company you would want to work for.

Pros

benefits and salary are above basic

Cons

they are essential services so expect to work when other businesses are closed

One of top branded company

Hi, Purlator is one of the top company specializes in complete supply chain solutions from root levels, even though my short term contract did't understood me much, but over all awesome place to work and hopefully be able to reapply.

Very good

Very good company with good staff. They are earning good profit and are generous in paying salaries. Everybody is kind here and the culture is very good.

Amazing place to work

I feel privileged to get an opportunity to work at Purolator. It's an amazing and fun place to work. The management is awesome, supports you as an employee.

not a friendly environment to work

very stressful job , no team player. No one is willing to train properly every one is scar to help others no friendly environment as far as i think..

creative team

awesome work environment with dedicated staff's , team goals and striving force in customer care representation , i enjoyed working every single day

Grateful

I was there for 18 years. Unfortunately too much changes and layoffs with management; was laid off 3 time.. 2 of the times I was called back the next day.

Jobs at Purolator

in Mississauga, ON
See more jobs

Corporate company with a 'familiy run business' culture

Purolator is a great company that is market leader in Canada and as such has a strong focus on the Canadian market. Although the company employs over 13.000 people it still has a culture of being run like a 'family'. This has its charm but also has some challenges. All in all a great company to work for.

Great company but poor inside sales management

Great company but poor inside sales management. Things got worse and worse.We started as account managers, managing accounts and were pushed to call center drones.

Great job

While can be stressful at times at the end of the day it's worth it. Compensation and benefits are very good. Management is proactive and friendly, and the day goes by really fast as with any driving Jobs.

Excellent company to work for

Great people to work with. The company is focused on the employee's health and safety. The new head office looks amazing. Great community engagement through the Tackle Hunger program.

Open concept

Overall a really great company to work for, the pay isnt too bad and the benefits are pretty good. Great balance with working in the office and working from home. Management isn't always the best.

Purolator is a great place to work with an awesome work/life balance. I love the people that I work with. They are constantly changing and looking for ways to improve their operations and corporate culture.

Stay Away from Procurement dept

The management at Purolators procurement department is some of the worst in the industry. The one procurement manager is arrogant, loathing and exhibits abhorrent behavior. It is no wonder people leave in droves and or exercise stress leave working under such conditions. Objectively there is a horrible workplace culture and management is only concerned with their perception with other departments over all other things.

Pros

Cons

Compensation, management, company

Great company, but long hours.

Purolator is a great place with great people, but my main issue is with work and life balance. I enjoy working with them, but there is a lot of overtime on an almost daily basis.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Long hours, no time to eat lunch

Productive and fun place

Still a great place to work. A lot of opportunities to learn new skills and move around the company internally. Definitely some teams are much more difficult to break into these days - but in general, the company is pretty flat and advancement is based on merit and measurable impact. I would also say I have been blessed with 7 great managers/directors that I have (and continue) to learn a lot from.

Pros

Very challenging problems

Cons

There wasn't micro management but the inside sale team needs more leads to follow up on. The team environment is great and team get together are extremely fun. The corporate culture is there amazing here.

Poor Management style

Lack of focus....Be emphathetic towards employees...they are the ones contributing to bottom line. Sr mgmt including CEO need to change. Politics and favoritism galore. Treat past employees with respect.

Pros

A few Good Men

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement