Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Good benefits. Fairly Physically demanding tasks. Annoying workplace culture.

The job activities is typically as described. Heavy lifting (sometimes up to 30kg), a bit of walking around (especially at bigger hubs). Attention to detail and the ability to read labels fast, good memory and spatial co-ordination (especially when stacking boxes).Anyone who's serious with a little common sense can master most of the tasks.The training isn't as good as it should be, but it's okay. Some training content doesn't match real work environment expectations. Unfortunately, temporary staff are used from time to time and they receive no training.*You get Good starting pay/benefits (compared to similar positions from competing companies) in a Unionised position. Lots of overtime opportunities, especially if you are experienced.*Warehouse environment have little to no temperature regulation (trailers are really cold in the winter and even worse, you could get a heatstroke in the summer seeing as the tasks are physically demanding). Management can be disorganised sometimes.Proper work ethics are never enforced, thus a hard/serious worker can be taken advantaged of (you may find yourself covering for lazier/unserious workers, especially if you're a male worker).

Fast pace environment

Fast pace environment.Heavy lifting physically demanding repetitive work.Working outdoors in different climate.start early finish late.overtime pay after 8 hours.get paid every week.

Pros

Good pay.benefits, union environment

Cons

Long hours..working outdoors in different climate

Amazing experience. best company to work for in the GTA

would go back in a heart beat. great pay, great benefits and good retirement package. up to date shop environment. great group of mechanics to work with

Fast paced

Purolator overall could be a better company if the facility was more modern. They are a fairly good company to work for once they move into the new building. The salary does increase steadily. The benefits are very good.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stressful

stress-full

not a bad place to work, decent pay for the work you do. management here isn't the best as the majority of them are new people, learned a lot of new things as I'm still here I'm learning new stuff every day. the hardest part of my job would be that there isn't enough staffing so ill be doing most of the work and overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I get a lot of hours and my co-workers are great people to be around.

overall great place to work

good company to work for. competitive wages. full benifits provided. management is very helpful. good work ethics. ease of work provided lots of overtime hours during peak periods.

poor management

I never got trained for the position tthat I was hired for. They don't follow what is in your contract agreement but instead they put you in to other department and do something different that has nothing to do with what you have hired and i your job description. it's frustrating

Great company to work for

A typical day at work is me starting my shift and receiving my work load for the day and learning of different customers freight i have to ship out for that specific day , communicating with management about which customers are appointment customers or not and having a 5 minute meeting with a very multicultural team that enjoy working together. The hardest part of my job is working nights

Fun workplace, opportunity for advancement and flexibility

Loved working here. The management was very helpful. Working environment also very friendly, coworkers work together to help out. Pay is pretty good and the hours are flexible.

Only reason I have a 3 star is the working conditions in the warehouse. In the summer the heat is so unmanageable it feels as though you will faint. But they do give you free water and Gatorade on those extreme hot days. And sometimes the sorters don’t pay attention to the boxes being sent down. And will send the boxes that should have ton with heavy down the chute. And it comes at top speed and could potential break your bones

Jobs at Purolator

in Etobicoke, ON
See more jobs

Very fast paced

Very face paced company, very pressuring Big company, therefore lots of opportunities if one applies themselves Unionized,for those looking for that kind of "job security"

Good experience

Overall very good experience. Would work there again, however management was not as well as I expected. Been on sick leave since 2010 and have been having a hard time with getting my position back. I find that really unfair as Ive been with the company for 6 years and went out my way to bus to etobicoke from mississauga every morning. That made me very upset.

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

not great management

Tough but productive and rewarding atomosphere

Fast paced but rewarding job, great opportunity to learn the city and its surroundings. Room to grow within company and learn new skills. Make a great network of connections with the community.

Fail to pay employee on time!

I was disappointed with the human resource management team. After you enroll to the position they don't care for your pay concern and etc. Human resource team have very little communication within their team to deliver help asap for their employees. They delay paying without notice and do not take concern seriously. If u need your pay on time don't work for them.

Pros

n/a

Cons

delay pay process!

typical day at work

we as the sorters on the floor, are required just to stay on the floor for the duration of our shift, working until there was a designated break, managers would often walk around and not help the floor employees when they were to struggle. their objective was to make sure we were working and thats it.

Very hard job

Long hours on your feet with minimal breaks. Very hot warehouse. Some conflict with permanent employees. Did not feel valued as a temp worker. Is good for short term but not too sure if I would work there again on a long term basis.

SRR - Metro West

Workplace culture one of the best The hardest part of the job is some of the shift times that will make difficult to spend time with your family. There is many employees working a long drive away from home I would suggest to re-arranged employees to work the closest to their home as spending time with their love ones will make them engaged more with the jon.

Productive and fun workplace

Good working environment Regular work Nice pay rate Use to do work efficiently Helping co-workers Used hand forklift Cleaning trailers Lifting weights

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Regular shifts

Highly productive but unionized working environment

The job is highly physically demanding. On average a worker would burn at least 800 calories within the 4 hour shift. Sweating is common as a Purolator employee. Fortunately, employees are unionized so that helps empower the workers. However, management tends to be aggressive despite the fact that they possessed little power over the workers.

Pros

Workers are unionized

Cons

Working conditions are sub par

productive work place

a typical day at work is doing preventive maintenance and repairs to machines and equipment. my hardest part of the is to make sure i finish all my repairs.

Fun team environment.

I have learned skills like organization and time management skills from this company. Management is very friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement