Purolator
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Purolator Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Etobicoke, ON42 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Fun and lots of fat burning activities

If you love physical workout join purolator.If you are lazy couch guy stay away.Once you get in It will be difficult later on you will start enjoying it when you are under a good operations manager.Overall this place is very busy and keeps you going, The only part I dont like is Salary.With current inflation I think a company with standards of Purolator should pay a minimum of 30 per hour for their hard working employees.I would love to join this company again if they have a good offer.

Stressful during the holidays

Great place to work at but during the holidays, it can get very stressful with high package count. Certain locations that you work in such as packages delivered for Vancouver, etc may be more intense.

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible place for employment

Management is filled with a bunch of grown people acting like they are still in high school. Coworkers are rats that think by snitching they will get a raise or promotion.

Productive and fun work place

Very friendly environment supervisors and managers are good, slow paced work, pay rate is good but the machines there are very loud and workers eed to wear ear protection

General review

Its a fast pace environment. Could be sometimes stressful especially when its busy. The working condition is cold during winter and the working condition is hot in the summer. Good compensation. Good benefits.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Crowded environment

worst workplace ever! wouldn't send my worst enemy here!

get worked like a dog, treated worse then the packages and no respect! seniority confused with authority! Hr has no control nor do they care to fix problems. looking to be disrespected and disregarded this is the place for you!

benefits

Cons

everything else!

Worst location to work in is the Ontario Hub

I’ve worked there for a year and all I can say is management is horrible. They like playing mind games and are very unprofessional in my opinion. Whenever there was an issue and it was brought to HR or the Union, it was almost never solved. You will be treated like garbage if you don’t know people there. Unless you plan on moving up in the company, DONT bother staying as a sorter.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor Management

Respectfully treatment for all employees

Every one give respect to each other, whether it is company's hired employee or employee through agency, they treat all of them equally. It is really fun to work there.

bad working environment

the work itself is very hard; bad ventilation system, too cold/too hot inside the trailer, on top of that, if you are new hired they send you for the hardest job. They put me alone in the trailer to unload it by myself, while 3 of the other people are just standing and talking.

Good benefits. Fairly Physically demanding tasks. Annoying workplace culture.

The job activities is typically as described. Heavy lifting (sometimes up to 30kg), a bit of walking around (especially at bigger hubs). Attention to detail and the ability to read labels fast, good memory and spatial co-ordination (especially when stacking boxes).Anyone who's serious with a little common sense can master most of the tasks.The training isn't as good as it should be, but it's okay. Some training content doesn't match real work environment expectations. Unfortunately, temporary staff are used from time to time and they receive no training.*You get Good starting pay/benefits (compared to similar positions from competing companies) in a Unionised position. Lots of overtime opportunities, especially if you are experienced.*Warehouse environment have little to no temperature regulation (trailers are really cold in the winter and even worse, you could get a heatstroke in the summer seeing as the tasks are physically demanding). Management can be disorganised sometimes.Proper work ethics are never enforced, thus a hard/serious worker can be taken advantaged of (you may find yourself covering for lazier/unserious workers, especially if you're a male worker).

Fast pace environment

Fast pace environment.Heavy lifting physically demanding repetitive work.Working outdoors in different climate.start early finish late.overtime pay after 8 hours.get paid every week.

Pros

Good pay.benefits, union environment

Cons

Long hours..working outdoors in different climate

Amazing experience. best company to work for in the GTA

would go back in a heart beat. great pay, great benefits and good retirement package. up to date shop environment. great group of mechanics to work with

Fast paced

Purolator overall could be a better company if the facility was more modern. They are a fairly good company to work for once they move into the new building. The salary does increase steadily. The benefits are very good.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Stressful

stress-full

not a bad place to work, decent pay for the work you do. management here isn't the best as the majority of them are new people, learned a lot of new things as I'm still here I'm learning new stuff every day. the hardest part of my job would be that there isn't enough staffing so ill be doing most of the work and overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that I get a lot of hours and my co-workers are great people to be around.

overall great place to work

good company to work for. competitive wages. full benifits provided. management is very helpful. good work ethics. ease of work provided lots of overtime hours during peak periods.

poor management

I never got trained for the position tthat I was hired for. They don't follow what is in your contract agreement but instead they put you in to other department and do something different that has nothing to do with what you have hired and i your job description. it's frustrating

Great company to work for

A typical day at work is me starting my shift and receiving my work load for the day and learning of different customers freight i have to ship out for that specific day , communicating with management about which customers are appointment customers or not and having a 5 minute meeting with a very multicultural team that enjoy working together. The hardest part of my job is working nights

Fun workplace, opportunity for advancement and flexibility

Loved working here. The management was very helpful. Working environment also very friendly, coworkers work together to help out. Pay is pretty good and the hours are flexible.

Only reason I have a 3 star is the working conditions in the warehouse. In the summer the heat is so unmanageable it feels as though you will faint. But they do give you free water and Gatorade on those extreme hot days. And sometimes the sorters don’t pay attention to the boxes being sent down. And will send the boxes that should have ton with heavy down the chute. And it comes at top speed and could potential break your bones

Very fast paced

Very face paced company, very pressuring Big company, therefore lots of opportunities if one applies themselves Unionized,for those looking for that kind of "job security"

Good experience

Overall very good experience. Would work there again, however management was not as well as I expected. Been on sick leave since 2010 and have been having a hard time with getting my position back. I find that really unfair as Ive been with the company for 6 years and went out my way to bus to etobicoke from mississauga every morning. That made me very upset.

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

not great management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement