Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB57 reviews

courierunionizedunionsorterlifttrailerheavylabour

Fast pace physical work

This is a physical job, fast paced environment, Normally, it takes a couple of weeks to get used to, but once settled, it is a not too bad of a job, training is available for specific tasks like for example, the handling of dangerous goods.Results oriented and time sensitive Good for full time or a part time position

Pros

Co workers are great

Cons

Physical work

not a fun place

They hire you to get the Christmas rush done and 10 a week and than lay off 10 a week on your 3 month start date so that is on your probation date. Not a good company to work for that does that to people

Pros

nothing

Cons

as many as you want

Insights into Purolator

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Very stressful, no job security, management is malfunction.

No job security, malfunction management, stressful environment, worthless union. Managers alway blame every to you. Managers use foul language and abusive language front of other workers.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management and union

Terrible coworkers & management

It was horrible & back breaking work .. long hours , have to work weekends. No work life balance .. no holidays off . Dangerous work .. on the busy roads all day

Pros

Pay was ok

Cons

Long hours. weekend work . No advance

Was good

Was employed for Xmas rush. Was great courior experience. The work load was reasonable as well as decent pay. Worth trying for full time as they offer a decent benefit package.

Cons

Heaters sucked in trucks, very cold during cold snaps

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader is a full-time position that pays well. Very fast paced and stressful .The team members know their duties and are usually helpful when you are backed up.This is a company that I'd wanted to work for and was finally hired after 2 placements as a temp. I like the challenge of tackling something different daily. I've known many of the drivers who dropped or picked up as a Shipper/Receiver over a 5 to 6 years span from my previous employer of nearly 20 years.

Pros

Guaranteed lunch breaks, decent pay and Free Friday coffee over the holidays.

Cons

Somewhat stressful at times. Not a perfect job but a pretty good one.

Terrible place to work

If you like being bullied by managers and their Minion spy’s , yelled at and harassed this is the place for you . Oh ya just because you sign on permanent full time doesn’t mean you’ll have a job after the Christmas rush ! Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this place .

Pros

Home time

Cons

Being treated like an animal

toxic work environment

work at purolator is like reliving high school. if your not tight with the people you work with or kiss the managers behind on the daily they will throw you under the bus any and all chances they can get. they show no appreciation of any kind with of employee events.

Cons

long hours and no appreciation

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader was a temporary position that paid well. Very fast paced and stressful for a new person learning on the fly. The people knew their duties and were usually helpful when you were backed up.This is a company that I would definitely like to work as a full-time employee. I knew many drivers who dropped or picked up over a 5 or 6 year span from my previous employer of many years.

Pros

Guaranteed Lunch and coffee breaks, decent pay.

Cons

Only temporary position, somewhat stressful at times.

Amazing Work Place

Just the best job I've ever had, honestly in most of my work places I felt underpaid and underappreciated. I feel Purolator was perfect for all my needs!

Very bad working environment

Dishonest business concept. Just because under the law union can't hire part time or seasonal employees, from the get go they lie to you. Under presumption that they are hiring on full time base. Culture is very bad and childish like. Everything is about seniority. Overall very bad working environment. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Pros

Earnings are dissent

Cons

So many

Top heavy management and no direction

Constant turn over for the people who actually did the work, management was more interested in narrow versions of metrics that don't get the work done. Limited support. Zero interest in listening to workers suggestions for improvements. Questionable safety for storing hazardous materials in Retail. Team Leaders lack accountability for their actions so long as the metrics are fulfilled.

good job

It Was challenging I was unloading and loading truck all night. Picking orders Sorter mail wrapping skids And doing other household chores Like cleaning

So mean and take advantage of employees

Trust me if you are reading this, you will get some good knowledge how Edmonton or may be other Purolator locations use you and through They just take advantage of employees in busy time like Christmas and New year, after that they just tell people go out. They hired 13 guys before Christmas( super busy time of year) saying permanent position in beginning of November 2019 and gave us full-time work for two months. After new year, they said we no longer required you because we don’t have freight for you to deliver and terminate us 9 of us with a letter of termination. It doesn’t happen with us only, they have been doing this last couple of years. They don’t even think about people who have already left good or bad jobs for working in Purolator thinking they are permanent which is just in written, because they know nobody will apply, if they have temporary or seasonal hiring.

informative and job fact training essential

enjoyed the work and personal while training but the route assignment was foreign to me so I felt I could not do the job to there fast pace standards so had to resign.

regular workplace

Work is outdoors on the road everyday doing deliveries. The most enjoyable part about this job is self management as well as meeting different people everyday.

Satisfactory

Not a bad place to work. Fast paced but management was horrible. Employees were helpful, genuine and hardworking. Organized but not efficient on a daily basis

Good salary benefits and atmosphere.

Steady, busy shifts. Learned to organize parcels at a fast pace. great customers. Good bit of learning required, but a respectable job none the less. Pay was above average.Unfortunately only hired for the Christmas rush and after contract expired did not get hired on full time.

Extremely Stressful

Let me first state that there are several different kinds of positions in this company. If you are a Driver, sure there's stress involved, but the company pays you much more and seems to make a greater effort to address your issues. If you're Retail, it's a cozy enough job, just have to be polite to the public. If you're Management you're laughing. you get to stand around and supervise. The company actually has a policy where supervisors aren't allowed to do any work unless absolutely necessary. takes work away from the unionized workers. makes sense in theory, in practice you get a boss standing there watching you with their arms crossed while you get LITERALLY buried in freight coming off the line (conveyor belt). Now we come to Sorter/Preloader. Night shift. This is what I did. It is impossible,you literally have to be in multiple places at once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to stay on top of what they expect you to do, the result being that you fall further and further behind as the night goes on, and then you get chewed out by management and the drivers coming in to start their day. Both of which do less work for more money. Here's the inside scoop. Mental/Emotional breakdowns due to stress are all too common, and physical injuries as well. Repetitive movement injuries are most common. There is a hierarchy to the company, and the warehouse workers are on the bottom.

Best job I’ve had

It’s the best job I’ve had. I got along with the large staff. I like the management. I liked the hours. The work itself was good. I will miss the place when/if I leave.

fun place to work

working as purolater was exciting at times,met a lot of different people as every day was different,i injoyed performing my job daily I injoyed delivering parcells to clinets and other businesses,

Cons

wasnt getting enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement