Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader was a temporary position that paid well. Very fast paced and stressful for a new person learning on the fly. The people knew their duties and were usually helpful when you were backed up.This is a company that I would definitely like to work as a full-time employee. I knew many drivers who dropped or picked up over a 5 or 6 year span from my previous employer of many years.

Pros

Guaranteed Lunch and coffee breaks, decent pay.

Cons

Only temporary position, somewhat stressful at times.

Amazing Work Place

Just the best job I've ever had, honestly in most of my work places I felt underpaid and underappreciated. I feel Purolator was perfect for all my needs!

Very bad working environment

Dishonest business concept. Just because under the law union can't hire part time or seasonal employees, from the get go they lie to you. Under presumption that they are hiring on full time base. Culture is very bad and childish like. Everything is about seniority. Overall very bad working environment. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Pros

Earnings are dissent

Cons

So many

Top heavy management and no direction

Constant turn over for the people who actually did the work, management was more interested in narrow versions of metrics that don't get the work done. Limited support. Zero interest in listening to workers suggestions for improvements. Questionable safety for storing hazardous materials in Retail. Team Leaders lack accountability for their actions so long as the metrics are fulfilled.

good job

It Was challenging I was unloading and loading truck all night. Picking orders Sorter mail wrapping skids And doing other household chores Like cleaning

So mean and take advantage of employees

Trust me if you are reading this, you will get some good knowledge how Edmonton or may be other Purolator locations use you and through They just take advantage of employees in busy time like Christmas and New year, after that they just tell people go out. They hired 13 guys before Christmas( super busy time of year) saying permanent position in beginning of November 2019 and gave us full-time work for two months. After new year, they said we no longer required you because we don’t have freight for you to deliver and terminate us 9 of us with a letter of termination. It doesn’t happen with us only, they have been doing this last couple of years. They don’t even think about people who have already left good or bad jobs for working in Purolator thinking they are permanent which is just in written, because they know nobody will apply, if they have temporary or seasonal hiring.

informative and job fact training essential

enjoyed the work and personal while training but the route assignment was foreign to me so I felt I could not do the job to there fast pace standards so had to resign.

regular workplace

Work is outdoors on the road everyday doing deliveries. The most enjoyable part about this job is self management as well as meeting different people everyday.

Satisfactory

Not a bad place to work. Fast paced but management was horrible. Employees were helpful, genuine and hardworking. Organized but not efficient on a daily basis

Good salary benefits and atmosphere.

Steady, busy shifts. Learned to organize parcels at a fast pace. great customers. Good bit of learning required, but a respectable job none the less. Pay was above average.Unfortunately only hired for the Christmas rush and after contract expired did not get hired on full time.

Jobs at Purolator

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

Extremely Stressful

Let me first state that there are several different kinds of positions in this company. If you are a Driver, sure there's stress involved, but the company pays you much more and seems to make a greater effort to address your issues. If you're Retail, it's a cozy enough job, just have to be polite to the public. If you're Management you're laughing. you get to stand around and supervise. The company actually has a policy where supervisors aren't allowed to do any work unless absolutely necessary. takes work away from the unionized workers. makes sense in theory, in practice you get a boss standing there watching you with their arms crossed while you get LITERALLY buried in freight coming off the line (conveyor belt). Now we come to Sorter/Preloader. Night shift. This is what I did. It is impossible,you literally have to be in multiple places at once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to stay on top of what they expect you to do, the result being that you fall further and further behind as the night goes on, and then you get chewed out by management and the drivers coming in to start their day. Both of which do less work for more money. Here's the inside scoop. Mental/Emotional breakdowns due to stress are all too common, and physical injuries as well. Repetitive movement injuries are most common. There is a hierarchy to the company, and the warehouse workers are on the bottom.

Best job I’ve had

It’s the best job I’ve had. I got along with the large staff. I like the management. I liked the hours. The work itself was good. I will miss the place when/if I leave.

fun place to work

working as purolater was exciting at times,met a lot of different people as every day was different,i injoyed performing my job daily I injoyed delivering parcells to clinets and other businesses,

Cons

wasnt getting enough hours

Good company

The company had good management , employees were all helpful due to my school my schedule conflicted with work and had to leave. I would recommend this company to anyone but just be aware that you must be able to lift heavy loads.

Management doesn't care about workers

At first, working there was fun until they wanted to take advantage of me. There is no communication with the staff, you try to be nice and they are so rude..( definitely not an environment I want to work in).There has be some kind of communication going on between you and the person working. They expected me to do a lot of heavy lifting and loading of trailers, by myself, which was ridiculous. For doing so much, two workers were needed for that job. The manager was very rude, and doesn't care about anything you have to say. The staff gossips a lot, I always had to keep looking over my shoulders...

Purolator is a good company.It pays good but offers less hours.

My job is very hard.They take more work and offer less hours and no weekend work is available.There are less oppurtunities to grow inside the company.

The Best

You are lucky if you are hired here since it’s a heavily Unionized government owned environment. As a driver you have a great opportunity to grow and enjoy an excellent work/life balance and beyond competitive wages. The only difficulties to consider are the very strict policies as well as the gossip, drama and lack of trust amongst other personnel.

Pros

Wages, Union, Benefits, Job Security

Cons

High Stress, Violence/Harrassment

Okay place to work

it was an okay place to work. there was way to much drama not the best manager either. could be better. people were annoying as well. money was good but the drama was unbarable.

great workplace with productive employees

management is professional while also maintaining a comfortable environment. Employees are hard working and shifts are generally finished early and efficiently.

Great benefits and advancement opertunities

Great company to work for. Salaries are comparable to other Courier companies with many opertunities for advancement. Great benefits and Union representation.

Pros

Shipping discounts

Good people to work with.

Good people to work with. Can be very busy with a lot of heavy lifting. The warehouse can be very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Overall is a decent place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement