Purolator logo
Purolator
Happiness score is 61 out of 100Average

Purolator Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management

Technology and communication

Improved drastically. Purolator has made some investments in the past that set the company back but has made up for it in the present and will continue into the future. Get passed the 3 month probation and you will have some decent job security and union power

Pros

You can work a maximum of 13.5 hours daily

Cons

Pandemic is like Christmas rush all year

Purolator was a Great Experience for me

I had a great experience overall with Purolator. They are incredibly flexible and have great people there. The job is very monotonous, but it's good honest work. The only downside to the job is the management you get. My Calgary experience was by light years a quantum leap overall over my Richmond Depot. The nature of the PM Sorts are incredibly different in philosophy. So your mileage may vary that way. I met great people and wish everyone there nothing but the best. The virus forced me to walk away to go be with my family, but to be honest, I was ready to go. I had a good run.

fun and social

working time is 11 pm till 7 am some time overtime of 1 hour will be added. I learned about loading and unloading. the management is good. its fast pace company always have a number of targets it fun and their workers are social people.

Pros

the pay is good i like the time of the Job

Cons

sometime the management said the volume very low have to go home

Too many inner politics; bumping of positions within to keep your job going

Not a terribly reliable place to work; seniority dictates your shifts & hours; management not too professional; staff helpful with each other most of the time

Productive and fun workplace

same everyone working hard, smart & safe, i learned a lot all driving equipment in the airport i used it, sorting freight is big help for me i'll memorized all province here in Canada. Management i have nothing to say everyone is ok. Workplace culture is good, the hardest part of the job for me if the weather is really bad outside while im operating the commander 30 its very hard. the most enjoyable while were all waiting to arrived the plane.

Productive and fast paste environment

Fast paste environment, data entry, good employees. Salary is reasonable, coworkers are friendly. You have to work fast and finish your work on time.

multi culture, and productive work place

based on my individual experience, very good work place and management, very decent salary, All the unit managers are very cool, especially my manager. lots of fun, many things to learn

Union

Great to work for, however the union was not my thing. I got bumped from being at the bottom of seniority in clerical when their was lay offs at other branches. It's unfortunate, I really enjoyed my manager and my co-workers. I will miss working there.

Fast paced loading of truck trailers

I would walk into a trailer assigned to me and fill it with boxes until it was full. They had a conveyer belt up to my waist that I pulled into the trailer so I would not need to bend down for them. I enjoyed working with everyone.

Jobs at Purolator

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Good experience

I enjoy this Job This is best job in my life very good experience good benefits good pension planning very good environment fast passed but I liked lots of things learned from this job

Fired on day 57 of 60

Working for a larger center for Purolator was fine. Go to work, go home, repeat. Everyone just minded their own business for the most part. Transferring to a smaller depot was a big mistake though. Everyone thought they were a floor lead and everyone had instructions for the “new guy”. Too many cooks in the kitchen. And the manager just sits back and lets it happen. Extremely confusing being told you are doing one thing and then to be told another thing by someone else. One example is being told to grab a spare truck and load up. You get backed in and partially loaded before another “cook” comes over and tells you “oh you are loading the wrong stuff, you are supposed to load that stuff over there”. That Cook helps you unload, and then you head over to the other end of the depot to load up. Then the manager comes over and tells you something different again. Now everyone is long gone and you, the new guy, get trouble for being the last guy in the depot. But no one cares that you were sent to load three different piles of stuff, for three completely different areas of the city. Basically manager and floor leads have their heads up their butt. This company will burn your body out and kick you to the curb if you get hurt. On my day 56 I injured myself ever so slightly. On an awkward shaped package. I told a floor lead who said “if you got hurt you did it wrong and you shouldn’t be working here”. Then on Day 57 I used my break to see my doctor. Thank god I took photos of myself with the truck in the parking lot at my doctors office, and a selfie in the office -

Nice people

Recommend as everyone is supportive and helpful. Busy environment so days go by quickly. Management is awesome and easy to communicate with. Co-workers are the best

Workplace culture

I had learned a lot in the company based on teamwork and the ability to make a decision on my own. I like the co-workers I have as they were very supportive and always were reliable.

Productive, fast-paced

Canada Post owned.Community driven Eg: tackle hungerContinuous growth opportunities internallyOngoing learning, training, great culture.Unionized.

Pros

Internal growth opportunities

Cons

Unionized

A good place to work

Purolator was a good company to work for. Salary was good and benefits were okay. As long as you did your job the management was good.You need good organizational skills. The hardest part of the job is to organize your day. As long as you did your job the management left you alone.

its a stable job if you can work nights

purolator is overall a good company to work with if you have no issues working nights and you drive otherwise the transit will be a problem specially in winter you have to walk from the bus stop to the warehouse that will be a bit off a hassle because its up hill and a few blocks from the bus stop during winter time you will struggle with the walking although if you drive i guess the covinience is theres no traffic at night a bit of a rush in the morning but not that bad if you live around NE area

Pros

continues work

Cons

7hr ban/seniority may bump you anytime to accomodate seniority

A steady job with opportunities for advancement if you want.

A steady decent paying position, that once you have it, is maintainable without too much stress. A union job with great benefits and opportunity for advancement if that is your choice. Physically demanding and can be stressful due to the constant time limitations, unforeseen setbacks (weather, traffic, etc)

good place to work

Pretty good place to work the position I was in is no Longer available since the Air side of the plant is no longer in operation. the dock is still there and is good for young people

Tough

Great company to work at the first 16 years being there then it became all about numbers and the people didn't matter. My management style didn't jive with the new regime.

really a joke now

lets just say the people you work with are amazing , everyone comes in does their jobs and you can make it a fun time . however the management team is a complete joke. I swear they pick them out of a barrel of monkeys , if you want to stress about your position and be used for everything your worth then this is the job for you.

Pros

good people

Cons

no hours and horrible managment, no thank yous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement