Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Pay was good weekly, very disorganized

Worked there for a couple months and liked my coworkers and Manager, but upper management had no clue and didn’t care about employees. Union was useless in dealing with employee problems. My coworkers and I were pressured into stressful work and almost impossible job expectations from upper management, and when we stated our frustrations only our direct manager cared but his hands were tied. Upper manager was an ignorant jerk, and union reps were incompetent / lazy. The best part was being on the road, when volumes were low, and not dealing with the disorganized chaos created by upper manager who was ignorant disconnected from reality of courier job barriers.

Pros

Good pay, good coworkers, good work/life balance

Cons

Upper management and union being useless trouble making liars

If you like living stressful and always feeling backache please apply to Purolator

Terrible Management, very hard job, heavy items most of them needs group lifting. The scanner machine too old version, you can't depending on scanner Maps because it's not give you exact address.

Pros

Cons

Heavy items

Stay away

Poor place to work they interview questioning for a entry level warehouse job is terrible it's like you are being interviewed for an Management or Professional job, questions are not related to job whatsoever, being a couirer there not a place to be, you are expected to hit dream numbers of stops that are impossible to hit like 18 stops in an hr, and if you are a master at it they increase the numbers, managers and supervisors drive around and spy at you, and work every move on the computer cuz trucks are GPS and add more work basically

Pros

Weekly pay

Very stressful

Purolator will hire you for one job and then try to push you into another job without your consent and then basically give you a good hard kick in the butt out the door when you try to fight this with them .

Decent wage. That's it

Your fellow couriers are supportive, and fantastic to work with when you get the chance to. You get to build long term relationships with your customers, and you get to be on the road, fresh air, outdoors! Those are the best parts of the job. Unfortunately, the management team has consistently prioritized profits over employee health and wellness, work life balance, and most importantly, service to our customers. Drivers are consistently pushed to work overtime, higher productivity numbers, and most recently, forced hour band changes. The corporate team continually insists on hiring individuals with zero courier or route management experience, resulting in poor customer service (failed delivery/pickup services). As well as refusing to take constructive feedback from the drivers to approve upon these issues. This has resulted in a high turnover rate, and a revolving door of managers who are unable to build positive relationships with their employees. Drivers in turn are essentially forced to become "yes" men, compromising safety, and having zero work life balance, to avoid getting thrown under the bus my management, to keep this company from going under, to keep their careers. The industry is quickly becoming very volatile with a heavy dependency on Amazon. This is negatively impacting all of our other customers. This is not a personal experience, this is the opinion of the majority. Morale is LOW. Don't get me wrong! The wage is good. Is it worth the money? That depends on you. Sometimes you just have to pay the bills.

Pros

Good relationships with drivers, customers, get to work outside

Cons

Long hours, pressured into overtime, management with no experience.

Bad management

Hired me just about November last year .saying they will train us while it s busy .but I was surprised they was no training at all we .were doing deliveries same as guys whos been doing that job for years requesting from us 80 to 100 stop an hour .then after the horrible busy season (Christmas)is done on the 5th day of Christmas they start letting us go one by one saying that we didn't meet there productivity

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Very long hours, bad management

its a very high demanding about productivity

its fun to work with the employees with work also but very high in demand of productivity even though you're freshly new to the industry.hardest part of this job is you need to memorized the streets and also the unit/house numbers . but overall at the end of the day just need to practice and training .its fun to work there even though stress is high but once you get use to it .its gets better

management is good

when I start this company, some coworker took advantage of now comer, but manaement did help me go through this dificult time and help me built comstmer ,but overall, in the warehouse, its not very well organized, and some time is very mess

Pros

nice people

Cons

need organize well

Terrible Management

Read many reviews about how awful the management was but gave them the benefit of the doubt. Turns out that management is as bad as the reviews. In a union environment the managers feel the need to push employees far past human capabilities, They expect you to be super man and go above and beyond while being treated very poorly. The one thing they do care about it productivity so be prepared to work.

Pros

Lots of OT

Cons

Poor management

Its a union based

I liked to work as my own business owner. I used hold contracts in Purolator, work culture is good just the management issues. My set goals were different so I had lived my contract.

Jobs at Purolator