Purolator
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Purolator Employee Reviews in Anjou, QC

Courier Delivery (did not past the probation period).

I'll try to give an honest review of this branch of the company: I have worked for Purolator for three months as a courier driver. They cut me off at the end of my probation because I wasn't what they expected. This is not intended as a bad blood review. I'm trying to give you the low down if you aren't experienced as a driver. I was let go for productivity reasons and probably wasn't their best asset but I was trying hard everyday and was not slacking. Pros: -Management tries really hard to be nice and human. -There is a great environment of respect and help in the workplace. -The starting pay and future benefits is better than average. -The job is really pleasant and you get to drive for the whole day without a boss nearby. -You are given a week of theory and hands-on training before being sent to your depot to train with experienced employees on their runs. Cons: -Management does not give you a lot of feedback on your performance so it is hard to know if you are doing good according to their standards or if you aren't (this is not just me as a few of my colleagues had that issue) -Depending on how well you know the city, you might struggle. Applications such as Road Warrior might smoothen your experience as an inexperienced driver. -You have to try and find a strategy to spend the least time organizing your packages in the depot if you are a backup since your truck is not listed in the morning. -Putting gas in your truck and getting deployed late will play on your day and how your commercials might be open or close. -The standard policy is to do 11 stops -

Great employer if you have no family, no hobbies, no life

Was hired as a driver: What you need to know: drivers who have been working there for 30 yrs have the best, stable and easiest runs. Those drivers are not that old, so it means they will not retire soon. Basically as a new driver you get to do the sh!tty runs for a good amount of years, then if you're lucky you'll get a stable run. As a new driver, you get to know where you're going when you come in, so it's basically a different run every day. Unless you know the city like the palm of your hand, it makes it impossible to work a "normal" day, so expect long hours in the truck, traffic, road work, road blocks, etc. It's a great job if all you want to do in your life is work, they can make you work 24/7 if you wish. As a new driver, you will have to load your truck and figure out delivery logistics depending where you are going. It's not always easy to do. They wil tell you to take your time but they will also be on your case the next morning if you were not able to deliver all packages. Expect 12h shifts in the truck, depending where you have to deliver. Delivering, bringing heavy packages and knocking to doors is the easiest part - that's the parts you have control over. What you don't control is the amount of traffic, the road blocks, road construction, delays at the branch (yes it happens) and such. My advice: if you have a wife, kids, basically if you have a life outside of work I don't recommend working for Purolator. They will tell you that life-work balance is very important to them, not true at all. All they care about is you bringing back the truck empty at the end of -

Pros

Not really as newly hired driver

Cons

"Leaders"

Terrible

It starts off well but then if something goes wrong that is completely out of your control management will throw the blame on the first person trying to help

Pros

Good money

Cons

Terrible management

Jobs at Purolator