Purolator

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

Warehouse

Fast-paced work environment is exactly what I loved about this place. However, I experienced a life changing injury on the job at which point the company let me down. Don’t get injured and work your life away and you’ll do great, become a “burden” to the company however and they will disgrace your good name in any which way they can. They will not support your recovery.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Managers love hard-workers, union workers don't.

Depending upon which plant you're working out of, politics and culture play a big part in whether or not your shift is tolerable or stressful. Must be willing to work hard.

Pros

Pay cheques are on time and don't bounce.

Cons

Being driven by management who have quotas to fill and bonuses to earn... stressful
Same role

Work is fast faced and heavy

Worked here as an AM Sorter , typically starts your day moving cages and put them into place .Working here is a bad experience for me . I have a lot of work experience but this place is very chaotic and fast paced its normal due to conveyor type of job .The pay isnt that good unless you're a PRE Loader which much easier and has premium . There's a lot of heavy lifting and pressure and please do not expect anyone to help you Union Spoiled brats has lots for reasons not to do so . They won't allow you to go home even at the end of your shift , you gotta stay there until the line is finished . Management sucks as the end of the day no " thank you's and good jobs " they will just see your effin mistake . Aside from that it has good benefits and all others stuffs . Advancement is slow as there is seniority basis or the manager doesnt allow you to apply any other job positions.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, chaotic poor management
Same location

Relief courier

So I got hired for a relief courier. Well all they want you to do is sorting. There was no talk from the manager about further training to do scanner training, pre check training or getting my driving certification with them. You get hired and have to do a week of online training. Which is paid. My first day, I got there and had a quick walk around the depot and put to sorting right away with no scanner training. You basically have to learn it as you go. It’s easy to learn. Just know that Hr and your manager are just hiring for roles they need. Which is basically just sorters.

Pros

Learn lots of new policies and procedures about Purolator, Once hired and in the spot you want they treat you with respect, Scheduled pay raises.

Cons

No communication about job roles, you get hired for one job and do something else completely. Only part time hours. 2am-8am

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement