Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

Terrible place to work. Stay away.

Fast paced, heavy lifting. People constantly getting hurt on the job, and unless you're unable to move they still expect you to come in and work on "modified" duties. the building is filthy with thick layers of soot everywhere. workers are undervalued, and most managers have no people skills and scream, or just harass employees with nonsense. The Teamster union is a joke. minimum breaks - 15min for every 3hrs, one 30min break if you're working 7-8hrs. your sick/floater days get used automatically for holidays that the company snakes out of actually paying you for. 50cents an hour extra for driving a forklift. $30 A WEEK premium for taking on plenty of extra responsibilities as a Team Leader. no midnight premium pay. Frequent Covid19 outbreaks with no hazard pay. no real advancement here, you're expected to work like a mule for little pay. Having said all that, I do enjoy the cultural diversity, and work associates are surprisingly humble to be working here.. but most people don't last a month after getting hired.

Pros

Raises are automatic

Cons

way too many.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good experience

I enjoy this Job This is best job in my life very good experience good benefits good pension planning very good environment fast passed but I liked lots of things learned from this job
Same role

Good working environment, simple tasks, kind people around

A typical work day included sorting boxes and packages. Most of these were rather light but occasionally there were some heavy lifting required. I learned a lot about working with other people and how important safety and communication are. The company always liked to emphasize the importance of having a good attitude on the job and how that translates to efficiency and work ethic. Overall the workplace culture was what I found most enjoyable about the job. The people that I worked with were very kind and always open to answering any questions that I may have had. The hardest part would have to be memorizing which boxes go where. This was very hard for me and can hurt the brain a little. Other than that, the job was quite enjoyable and fun.
Same location

Run away.

I worked as an AM Sorter and i was made to do tasks different from what i was employed to do. The Union representative is useless. The manager wants me sucking up to him. You have to make sure your hours worked are well captured because they always find ways to reduce your hours. If you clock in 40 hours a week you might see 25hours on your pay slip. Their workflow is so senseless. Not a good place to work. The old employees are snitches.

Pros

Cons

They cheat you on your hours clocked in. Their work culture is horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Purolator with

• Purolator
  • Terrible place to work. Stay away.