Purolator
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

So mean and take advantage of employees

Trust me if you are reading this, you will get some good knowledge how Edmonton or may be other Purolator locations use you and through They just take advantage of employees in busy time like Christmas and New year, after that they just tell people go out. They hired 13 guys before Christmas( super busy time of year) saying permanent position in beginning of November 2019 and gave us full-time work for two months. After new year, they said we no longer required you because we don’t have freight for you to deliver and terminate us 9 of us with a letter of termination. It doesn’t happen with us only, they have been doing this last couple of years. They don’t even think about people who have already left good or bad jobs for working in Purolator thinking they are permanent which is just in written, because they know nobody will apply, if they have temporary or seasonal hiring.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Really good company.

Overall a very good company. Great people to work with along with great pay. If it wasnt for the fact it was temp work I would still be there. For the most part cant say enough about them.

Pros

Enjoyable to work for. Great pay to start off with.

Cons

Didnt realize I was hired as a temp, so getting laid off on Xmas Eve was a horrible thing to do to anyone.
Same role

Good job if you get started early

If you pay your dues early you will be given an opportunity. The seasonal driver should know he will not be kept on. A lot of nice people to work with but the lead manager is low on intelligence.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Long hours and hard on the body
Same location

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader was a temporary position that paid well. Very fast paced and stressful for a new person learning on the fly. The people knew their duties and were usually helpful when you were backed up.This is a company that I would definitely like to work as a full-time employee. I knew many drivers who dropped or picked up over a 5 or 6 year span from my previous employer of many years.

Pros

Guaranteed Lunch and coffee breaks, decent pay.

Cons

Only temporary position, somewhat stressful at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Purolator with

• Purolator
  • So mean and take advantage of employees