Purolator logo
Happiness score is 62 out of 100Average

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

Really good company.

Overall a very good company. Great people to work with along with great pay. If it wasnt for the fact it was temp work I would still be there. For the most part cant say enough about them.

Pros

Enjoyable to work for. Great pay to start off with.

Cons

Didnt realize I was hired as a temp, so getting laid off on Xmas Eve was a horrible thing to do to anyone.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good job if you get started early

If you pay your dues early you will be given an opportunity. The seasonal driver should know he will not be kept on. A lot of nice people to work with but the lead manager is low on intelligence.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Long hours and hard on the body
Same role

Good Company

I was an owner operator courier in the BC interior.Pay was more than fair to run your own van and live pretty well. Pay was based on how many stops you did each day.You have a little bit of freedom with your hours. I chose to start early and be done early in the afternoon. Some guys liked to start later and work until five or six.The only problem is that in order to advance to a better delivery route you have to wait for someone above you to retire or quit. This can take a while but the increase in income can be a few hundred dollars. The job can be pretty stress free as long as you run your van and route like your own little business. Set money aside for maintenance and repairs. Pay yourself a decent wage. The holidays have more deliveries so this means a lot more work but also a lot more money. I would easily be able to give myself Christmas bonuses.

Pros

Pay. Freedom.

Cons

Slow advancement
Same location

Review

I loved my job but no room for advancement in this town. It pays very well and has great benefits. Unfortunately, employees aren't valued for their hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement