Purolator logo
Purolator

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

Productive but complicated at the same time effective.

I would recommend this company to one and all. Even though the management team. Stress on numbers, this company has good. working procedures,benefits and is unionized.

Pros

Once a month Pizzas for the crew. Coffee and Donuts every now and then.

Cons

Yes...junior most must stay... Equ

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

No problems with Management.

I would have still liked to work there but I have retired after 28 yrs service. Its a good Canadian company to work for. It's a good start for students a lot of opportunities etc

Pros

Non

Cons

Non
Same role

Extremely Stressful

Let me first state that there are several different kinds of positions in this company. If you are a Driver, sure there's stress involved, but the company pays you much more and seems to make a greater effort to address your issues. If you're Retail, it's a cozy enough job, just have to be polite to the public. If you're Management you're laughing. you get to stand around and supervise. The company actually has a policy where supervisors aren't allowed to do any work unless absolutely necessary. takes work away from the unionized workers. makes sense in theory, in practice you get a boss standing there watching you with their arms crossed while you get LITERALLY buried in freight coming off the line (conveyor belt). Now we come to Sorter/Preloader. Night shift. This is what I did. It is impossible,you literally have to be in multiple places at once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to stay on top of what they expect you to do, the result being that you fall further and further behind as the night goes on, and then you get chewed out by management and the drivers coming in to start their day. Both of which do less work for more money. Here's the inside scoop. Mental/Emotional breakdowns due to stress are all too common, and physical injuries as well. Repetitive movement injuries are most common. There is a hierarchy to the company, and the warehouse workers are on the bottom.
Same location

It's very fast paced with production daily

My experience with the company was very good very at least 9 years. Was able to learn a lot and was challenge to try different departments worked my way up to senior clerk looking after the afternoon billing department.The wages could have been better but we're at par according to other courier companies.Was dedicated as an employee but when they started too downsize was let go on my 10th year.The payout wasnt the greatest either.

Pros

Opportunities too learn and move up were great.

Cons

Money could have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Purolator with

• Purolator
  • Productive but complicated at the same time effective.