Purolator
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

I will not recommend to anyone this location

Stressful job management in this location are so brutal. I feel like they only hire me because they really busy after December and then after a couple of they They kick me out for Not much reason. Not

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

terrible management no room for advancement and lots of layoffs

Not a good place to work, no job security and really bad work culture. Staff most of the time was ok but management sucked and didn't care about you they just wanted their work done.

regular workplace

Work is outdoors on the road everyday doing deliveries. The most enjoyable part about this job is self management as well as meeting different people everyday.
Same role

Can be a good company if you have time to wait for advancement

This company is good in many ways, but I am giving it 2 stars based on my experience. I took on a tough route as an owner operator. I purchased a brand new van for the warranty. The route was a long distance shuttle run. I basically bought a job for $58000. My plan was to have a normal in town route after 2 years. This did not happen due to seniority and other drivers not quitting or retiring. My costs exploded during my 2nd year and my van warranty was soon to be over so I quit before things got uglier financially. The main problem is that my location was at the end of the line which meant we were the lowest priority. We got the freight last, we had apparently the crappiest warehouse in the province. There was a disconnect between the big city head district office and our middle of nowhere dot on a map. Two routes were combined into 1 to save money. Typical big corporation stuff. I saved Purolator a lot of money doing the job that 2 people used to do. I applied for transfers, but was only offered other slightly less horrible shuttle runs. My advice to anybody applying as an Owner Operator is to make sure you are not applying for a shuttle run as it will destroy you financially unless you can do all your own vehicle maintenance.

Pros

Payroll on time, good support staff

Cons

Little chance of advancement, shuttle runs severely underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Purolator with

• Purolator
  • I will not recommend to anyone this location