Purolator

Purolator

Purolator Employee Review

Extremely Stressful

Let me first state that there are several different kinds of positions in this company. If you are a Driver, sure there's stress involved, but the company pays you much more and seems to make a greater effort to address your issues. If you're Retail, it's a cozy enough job, just have to be polite to the public. If you're Management you're laughing. you get to stand around and supervise. The company actually has a policy where supervisors aren't allowed to do any work unless absolutely necessary. takes work away from the unionized workers. makes sense in theory, in practice you get a boss standing there watching you with their arms crossed while you get LITERALLY buried in freight coming off the line (conveyor belt). Now we come to Sorter/Preloader. Night shift. This is what I did. It is impossible,you literally have to be in multiple places at once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to stay on top of what they expect you to do, the result being that you fall further and further behind as the night goes on, and then you get chewed out by management and the drivers coming in to start their day. Both of which do less work for more money. Here's the inside scoop. Mental/Emotional breakdowns due to stress are all too common, and physical injuries as well. Repetitive movement injuries are most common. There is a hierarchy to the company, and the warehouse workers are on the bottom.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive but complicated at the same time effective.

I would recommend this company to one and all. Even though the management team. Stress on numbers, this company has good. working procedures,benefits and is unionized.

Pros

Once a month Pizzas for the crew. Coffee and Donuts every now and then.

Cons

Yes...junior most must stay... Equ
Same role

No problems with Management.

I would have still liked to work there but I have retired after 28 yrs service. Its a good Canadian company to work for. It's a good start for students a lot of opportunities etc

Pros

Non

Cons

Non
Same location

Very fast paced, little stressful but decent workplace.

My job as a trailer loader was a temporary position that paid well. Very fast paced and stressful for a new person learning on the fly. The people knew their duties and were usually helpful when you were backed up.This is a company that I would definitely like to work as a full-time employee. I knew many drivers who dropped or picked up over a 5 or 6 year span from my previous employer of many years.

Pros

Guaranteed Lunch and coffee breaks, decent pay.

Cons

Only temporary position, somewhat stressful at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Purolator with

• Purolator
  • Extremely Stressful
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?