Purolator

Purolator Employee Reviews

Worked on a project inputting data from Purolator Courier, and UPS tracking forms to their respective websites. Long days, very busy. My office was really busy with all the drivers coming in the mornings to get their Purolator hand held devices, and then returning them at the end of day. I also moved and piled boxes in appropriate areas in the truck warehouse. I worked the full time day shift.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Cold office at times, A-lot of interruptions in my office when I was trying complete my data input
I worked as an AM Sorter and i was made to do tasks different from what i was employed to do. The Union representative is useless. The manager wants me sucking up to him. You have to make sure your hours worked are well captured because they always find ways to reduce your hours. If you clock in 40 hours a week you might see 25hours on your pay slip. Their workflow is so senseless. Not a good place to work. The old employees are snitches.
Pros
Cons
They cheat you on your hours clocked in. Their work culture is horrible.
In this company you will find the following.Bullying, harassment and discrimination. Management doesn't care if you work 20 years or 1 year. There is no empathy for employees. Is just business. They treat employee the way they wanted. lately the manager is making mistake with the payroll and you ended up waiting 4 weeks to get your payroll fix.They are hiring temporary employees; once the busy season is gone they sent them out.I will said the manages are rude and have zero ethical on how to treat employees. You have no freedom to speak out- otherwise they offer you to get out. so if you want to work you have to keep your mouth shut and agree with whatever they said.
Pros
salary is ok for the job
Cons
worst work environment- meet the discrimination and bullying
I was hired in february for a 4:30-8:30 evening shift. Two layoffs and six months later they tell me I can't return to work unless I take a shift with no transportation at night.Wasted a LOT of my time that could have gone towards finding honest employment. I would get anxiety over the next HR phone call constantly telling me my shift is gone or my workplace changed. Good riddance!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor hours, dishonest management
Terrible and unethical company, they look to exploit the people who do very well at the jobs and promote those who do not. I worked there for 28 years and was given walking papers “ without cause”
Pros
Cons
Upper management
Do not waste your time. On line training is all you get. My first day they wanted me to go and do deliveries when I had never touched a scanner. They will give you NO on site training. I was sent out to do 100 box deliveries of heavy clothing with no dolly. Must carry one by one. Did many deliveries to businesses without one management does not care. They don't even look you in the face when they talk to you. Once your about to have your 60 days and ready to join union...they will let you go and hire new people weekly to replace.
Pros
No training. They will say because of covid-19 but they are just horrible place to work
Cons
Everything. They will let you go without reason to keep you out of union.
If you like Micro Management by uneducated people who are facetious justifying their intelligence when they dont know the right answer to give, "This is the Place for You"...Managers Always looking to write you up for frivolous things. The Management staff hasn't a clue about Logistics, Trucking & Transport. A rush hurry up attitude but customers hold you back. The pay is good, but routes changed based on favoritism & their acceptance of you. A Pretentious mentality environment from most employees. No accountability from the majority. The company fixes problems by throwing money at it & wastes resources by not understanding logistics properly. The more you care & harder you work the less respect you obtain oppose sucking up to dispatch who control who drives the better trucks & trailers.
Pros
Pay Wages
Cons
Attitudes
You’re gonna start by a week of online training which is just 2 instructors reading a PowerPoint to you. Then on your first day/week there going to assign you to random task that don’t have to do with the job you where hired for. The management and HR have no idea what’s going on. Had to ask multiple managers. You won’t get a break even if it by law in Manitoba after 5 hours you’re required a 30 minutes unpaid break. No uniforms will be provided and you need to order and wait over a week so prepare to ruin your own clothes. The trainer left home halfway through the first day at being at the warehouse and won’t explain to you the scanner training and they’ll just expect you know how to do it. Anyways you would think because it’s a big unionized company it would be organized safe neat etc... but it wasn’t at all. Absolute waist of time. And expect to be doing random jobs and routes for years before even getting close to seniority to apply for a set route.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
un professional management and HR, little to no training, dirty environment, no social distancing.
amusement bliss charm cheer comfort delight elation glee humor pride satisfaction wonder alleviation animation delectation diversion ecstasy exultation exulting felicity festivity frolic fruition gaiety gem gladness gratification hilarity indulgence jewel jubilance liveliness luxury merriment mirth prize rapture ravishment refreshment rejoicing revelry solace sport transport treasure treat good humor pride and joy regalement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Purolator?
As a "relief" courier you are expected to work AM dock anytime they are short handed. You will drive as a courier during the day and be expected to be "on call" for AM dock later that night. In other words, work until 5 or 6 o'clock PM and then go back at 1 AM to work the dock until 8 AM. Takes 4 years until you get full pay.
Pros
Co-workers are great. Good pay & benefits
Cons
Terrible upper management.
The hardest part of this job is that they throw lots of work at you and expect you to do it all in 4 hours. I learned how to be detail oriented. I liked assisting customers
Pros
no manager in the retail section
Cons
paying 70 dollars for your union fee
Travail plaisant a faire juste plate à cause de mon manque d anglais
Pros
Bonne avantage sociaux
Cons
Loin de la maison
I was hired a s temporary hire in retail department and my experience was fabulous. Despite being a faced paced environment, I really enjoyed as the coworkers, supervisors were very helpful and kind. They were with you all the time to ensure you are doing well, help you in learning and being there to cope up with you all the time.
So I got hired for a relief courier. Well all they want you to do is sorting. There was no talk from the manager about further training to do scanner training, pre check training or getting my driving certification with them. You get hired and have to do a week of online training. Which is paid. My first day, I got there and had a quick walk around the depot and put to sorting right away with no scanner training. You basically have to learn it as you go. It’s easy to learn. Just know that Hr and your manager are just hiring for roles they need. Which is basically just sorters.
Pros
Learn lots of new policies and procedures about Purolator, Once hired and in the spot you want they treat you with respect, Scheduled pay raises.
Cons
No communication about job roles, you get hired for one job and do something else completely. Only part time hours. 2am-8am
Purolator is a well established company that cares about its employees. From the benefits and salary to life work balance. They have a work hard but enjoy life approach that makes it a company you would want to work for.
Pros
benefits and salary are above basic
Cons
they are essential services so expect to work when other businesses are closed
South Asian favouritism preferent people of certain ethnicities are preferred but management turns a blind eye. You would likely die trying here.
Pros
Slavery
Cons
Freedom when you finally quit.
this is the most unprofessional place i have ever worked. management is useless, union is useless, if you have your own opinion you better keep it to yourself. didn't learn anything new. mindless job in a high school environment.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
everything else
Job was fast paced. Some office staff was hard to work with and the managers were not eat to work for. Customers were awesome, drivers were pretty good but the rest of the staff not easy to.be around.
Pros
Hours
Cons
If you come work here. Expect to be unappreciated, unloading the truck, breaking your back, no appreciation or thank yous. The employees will be talking behind your back, but they will be nice up front. They won't really talk to you at first.. you will think it's because it's such a hard job, they don't expect people to last. (High turnover) But, it's because there is a union, and the union protects not only employees against unfair treatment, it also protects the lazy employees and senior employees. They really have this clique type of thing going on. Purolator talks about helping poor families and what-not. Maybe they should take care of the entry employees emptying the trucks and stacking 220lbs bins on top of each other. They ask that you can lift 70 lbs. But the bins that you stack with your partner are 220lbs. You stack around 25 per shift. The drivers though (princesses), they won't even lift the 70lbs packages for deliveries. They say that they are saving their backs. The drivers are usually these old boomers, the ones who we're able to afford houses when they we're 1/3 of the current price. A bunch of old guys who sold your generation so that they can have theirs. Management is just some guys who don't really work physically, they just come and look at you work, expecting this to make you work harder. Surveillance, like a bunch of vultures. They will come look at you work, and not even help you at all. If you start here, prepare to unload three 18-wheelers everyday, plus another one or so. Some employees are okay. Usually the newer ones. They do not - more...
Pros
You got a job.
Cons
Union works like organized crime, new employees are not appreciated, but are expected to do everything.
Working as team leader I have enjoyed 2 years in Purolator. Good friendly people to work with. I will recommend every one to work if they are strong.
Pros
Good benefit and good pay beside you do not need to go to any where to work out work out
Cons
There is no Cons if you do your job with honesty
Purolator has a very supportive management team and the company is very flexible. They have team building events and fun activities to participate in. They have a great solutions team and offer positive coaching strategies.
Pros
Supportive Management, Social clubs, activities, draws, salary increases for productivity
Cons
Back to back calls, fast-paced environment, dealing with irate customers
  1. Employee reviews