Purolator Employee Reviews

Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2019
There wasn't micro management but the inside sale team needs more leads to follow up on. The team environment is great and team get together are extremely fun. The corporate culture is there amazing here.
Good experience
Receptionist/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 January 2019
Overall very good experience. Would work there again, however management was not as well as I expected. Been on sick leave since 2010 and have been having a hard time with getting my position back. I find that really unfair as Ive been with the company for 6 years and went out my way to bus to etobicoke from mississauga every morning. That made me very upset.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
not great management
Garbage
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 January 2019
Worked for the amazon division. Very unorganized.

They say you can take 30min break. but goodluck doing that.

Langley Location is the worst one.

Do not recommend
Pros
co workers
Cons
mangement, hours
Bonne equipe
Commis au courrier (Former Employee) –  3000 Boulevard côté vertu25 January 2019
Les gens sont sympa et le travail d’equipe Passe très bien aussi les conditions de travail sont excellentes.
Pros
c'est une nouvelle expérience pour moi.
Cons
je travaille pas assez d'heures
Work
Shipper/Receiver of products (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2019
This was my first job during my high school days. Even though the pay was good the job is non stop depending on where you're placed in the company. You can work part time or full time and not have to worry about your hours and the wage is really good.
Good company
Loading (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2019
The company had good management , employees were all helpful due to my school my schedule conflicted with work and had to leave. I would recommend this company to anyone but just be aware that you must be able to lift heavy loads.
needs better management
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON15 January 2019
If management cared about the people that work there, it would be a much better place to work at. But unfortunately , the lack of compassion and favouritism makes the work for a negative environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Good pay
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 January 2019
Good pay. Typical unionized environment. Some managers very easy to work with but others work against workers. Hard to get information about union or other job related questions.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Night shift
ambiance froide et stressante
Agente de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC13 January 2019
90% des appels sont des gens mecontents,,,,les employes a l'interne sont pour la plupart epuises et frustres....les procedures changent düne semaine a l'autre....Malgre tout jai appris a faire de l' ecoute active
Pros
assurances collectives, salaires, pas de fin de semaine
Cons
etant le premier contact avec le client, la direction devrait considere nos
Forklift Operator lead hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
Diverse place to work with good benefit. I learned a lot in terms of shipping and receiving and time management. The hardest part is when holiday season, the busiest time.
I have developed my team lead ability and a good team player in a fast paced place.
Poor Management style
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2018
Lack of focus....Be emphathetic towards employees...they are the ones contributing to bottom line. Sr mgmt including CEO need to change. Politics and favoritism galore. Treat past employees with respect.
Pros
A few Good Men
Its pretty bad, just a company to make money amd leave
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2018
So the worst thing is the Management, the Company intentionally hires the biggest idiot they can find. In most cases managers make worse decisions than 3 day temps. I feel bad for customers. I've seen the same products do up and down that belt for 4 weeks plus.. On top of that, the will have 100's of packages on a small 1.5 foot wide platform.. and you can/will step on customer packages. or even call and hurt yourself. And dont expect the Management to care lol. The manager is usually im charge of payroll. So expect your pay to get messed up. I wouldn't work here as a career. This is a place you use for money and walk out every day happy at the end of the shift.
Pros
Work is heavy but not difficult
Cons
worst management, unsafe, unpaid wages, bad employee moral, depressing future, only busy durong holiday season l
Data Entry
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 December 2018
Learned great computer/typing skills. Great work environment. Supervisors were always willing to help. Consistent with feedback and coaching. This was a unionized job therefore I also learned a lot regarding unions and how they work within a company.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2018
must have own van
route plan
longer than 8 hrs
must pick up over 100 lbs at times
Tough but productive and rewarding atomosphere
Courier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 December 2018
Fast paced but rewarding job, great opportunity to learn the city and its surroundings. Room to grow within company and learn new skills. Make a great network of connections with the community.
Fail to pay employee on time!
sorter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 December 2018
I was disappointed with the human resource management team. After you enroll to the position they don't care for your pay concern and etc. Human resource team have very little communication within their team to deliver help asap for their employees. They delay paying without notice and do not take concern seriously. If u need your pay on time don't work for them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
delay pay process!
typical day at work
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 December 2018
we as the sorters on the floor, are required just to stay on the floor for the duration of our shift, working until there was a designated break, managers would often walk around and not help the floor employees when they were to struggle. their objective was to make sure we were working and thats it.
le travail est très dur
Déchargeur et Chargeur de colis /Manutention (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2018
e travail est très dur et le paiement est très bas
Pros
les horaires
Cons
pas des pouses
Workplace
Day Controller (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2018
It is a cutting edge Industry and was proud to have worked there for 15 years.I have learned a lot about moveing freight and coordinating to and from and where it all goes.Also working with a shunt team and a Management team.
Management doesn't care about workers
Am sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2018
At first, working there was fun until they wanted to take advantage of me. There is no communication with the staff, you try to be nice and they are so rude..( definitely not an environment I want to work in).There has be some kind of communication going on between you and the person working. They expected me to do a lot of heavy lifting and loading of trailers, by myself, which was ridiculous. For doing so much, two workers were needed for that job. The manager was very rude, and doesn't care about anything you have to say. The staff gossips a lot, I always had to keep looking over my shoulders...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator. Our community is ready to answer.