Purolator Courrier

Purolator Courrier Management reviews

Canada28 reviews

Clear

Fun for a while

It's union, that has pros and cons. The work is physically demanding. It helps if you can read an address lable and count to 100. Gets pretty boring after a while. Not always protected from the weather. Good people working there, but management doesn't challenge us enough. Steady shift but start and end times vary with volume. Opportunities for advancement are overrated and require decades of seniority. Benefits are mediocre, but you get them for a 30 hour shift. It's a job.

Pros

Union, benefits, nice people, not much responsibility

Cons

High school mentality, boring, no incentives

Emploie très exigeant et physique

34 années de service de loyauté a cette compagnie entrée de donnes,recouvrement,facturation et beaucoup plus .Un changement serait apprécié.Je suis rendue la 🙂

Insights into Purolator Courrier

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

They dont tell you that it is a temporary job

When you start working, you have 2 weeks of training that dosent go towards the time you put in and just before your probation time is up they let you go. Trust me dont get a job unless you only want to work for 3 months.

Pros

Decent wages

Cons

Terrible management

Jalousie et manque de civisme

Aucun professionnalisme ni respect des employés et sous contractant

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Manque de savoir vivre et de respect

keep up or get out

The 'management style' here is brutal. Basically, one either keeps up or gets out. There is very little union support. So NEVER say you can; 't or you won't or you need more training. Also, "being nice" (defined as always saying yes to any demand no matter how unreasonable or unethical) is expected. If you can learn quickly and execute without error and you don't mind being unappreciated the money and benefits are ok. Or if you have a masochistic bent and enjoy being overworked, brutally criticized and publically humiliated then this is the company for you.

Pros

good pay and benifits

Cons

cruel managers and a weak union

Good salary for the work we do.

Union environment. Off site management, which at times can be difficult to get the support you need when you need it. Good team environment, working together to support each other to complete our daily tasks.We are required to lift up to 70 pounds.

Pros

Half hour unpaid lunch

Great company

This is a fast paced work environment with both indoor and outdoor work conditions. It is a great company to work for with excellent benefits and amazing upper management.

Amazing place and management!

Purolator was such an amazing company to work for! Nothing like I've experienced before. The depot I was in had great employees, very friendly and outgoing, and the management there was unbelievable! From day one they made me feel like part of the family! Highly suggest working here! I have nothing but great things to stay! I left Purolator do to personal reasons and nothing else!

Pros

Great people, great management, great pay

Cons

Can be high stress

oui

j ai bien aimé travailler pour cette entreprise . le salaire est bon et de très bon avantage sociaux.

Good job for uneducated persons

Good job, keep in shape. Decent benefits and pay. Unionized, job security. Depending on shift, there are four ten hour days available. Management seems to not care about staff as much as they care about the numbers.

Postes divers

Journée de 8 h Milieu masculin Travail physique Service auprès de la clientèle

Pros

Travail très varié

Cons

Travail en majorité physique

Service aux clients

Grosse compagnie avec beaucoup d'opportunités et possibilités d'avancement selon l'ambition de chacuns. Travail d'équipe, bien encadré belle ambiance et esprit d'équipe

Pros

Horaire stable

Cons

Peut devenir routinier et répétitif

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purolator Courrier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement