PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY

PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

Good position for starter

Friendly but busy working environment Good for new grads Fit for people who prefer to seat on the chairs and stare at the computer screen for all day No benefits and sick days for the first year Hard to be remote during pandemic

Pros

underground parking, good team

Cons

Low salary, high turnover rate, 1st year no benefits and sick days

Underpaid and undervalued

The college claims they don't have money to pay higher but they only give you a course outline and expect you to create content, assignments, take attendance, mark and grade students with minimal compensation ($30/hr) for only teaching hours, no marking or prep for 60+ students. I also had to do the number of assignments on the outline which worked out to 60+ hours of marketing alone.

Pros

Freedom during classes

Cons

Pay and no prep compensation

Relaxed and supportive management

Relaxed and supportive management . they need just to pay fairly since some employees get paid more. The schedule mainly was through out the week and the weekend.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

fair pay

Great Company to Work For

Great owners that care about their people. Great work-life balance. Excellent people to work with. Have had many jobs and never been treated the way I am treated here. The company runs on trust and this provides a feeling of mutual respect for everyone in the company, regardless of position or rank.

supportive

A good place to work and I love the working environment here. People who I'm working with are friendly, supportive and nice. We care about each other and are willing to help others if anyone has problems or questions. They never make you feel that you are asking for too much.

Pros

collaborative, good offices

You get what you put in.

No organization is perfect specially those in the people business. Every organization, no matter where you go, has a culture ingrained in the company. As an instructor here at the college, we are held at a much higher degree of professionalism. From an objective standpoint, If one follows the guidelines set up by the college, you will have a pleasant experience . My time teaching has been and still is a successful one. At the end of the day, it really is your choice to stay or go.

Pros

Collaboration and camaraderie between instructors

Cons

Infrastructure improvements needed

its okay

As a recent employee of the college, your job security is like walking on already cracked egg shells. The students are uninterested so its hard to conduct a lecture and they are disrespectful. One day you think you're doing a great job and then management out of nowhere takes one employee out and everyone is left wondering where the person went. Some instructors that have left are the good ones and the students are left with the ones who are there only for the money and it is really sad to see. Also, there are at least 40 to SIXTY students in the class. SO imagine all the papers you have check. There's also no ESL classes considering these students only came to the country 6 months to a years ago. Come on!

Growing company

A fast growing company. Nice co-workers, lovely students. I can see the management is trying to make the college a better place for both students and employees.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Great place to work, productive and friendly environment

I work at Pures College full-time, and I am a very happy employee who looks forward to giving my best every day at work. I am passionate about what I do here! It’s a productive and friendly place to work at, and the team that I work with is fantastic! They are fun, always willing to assist you whenever possible, and are really dedicated to collaboration. The management is very involving, supportive and helpful, and they thoughtfully consider everybody's input for decision making. The company expects you to be matured and responsible in managing your work. You will work hard here and it is exciting and challenging - I have learned a lot at my job and have widely enhanced my professional skill set.

Pros

Learning, growth, supportive team, free lunches from time to time

Great Startup job with minimal experience needed

This is my first official job after I graduated college. I really appreciated the opportunity to gain some valuable administrative experience in an academic environment. The management here is really good, the working atmosphere is chill, and they also like to invest on their staff (ex. to promote from within) The salary is not the greatest, but it is above minimal and requires almost 0 previous job experience. Perfect for a new college graduate like myself.

Jobs at PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY

See more jobs

Great Company to work with

Staff are very helpful and approachable, great staff on all levels. Busy environment yet organized. A clear vision for growing the organization, lots of improvements are happening at many fronts and great ambitions.

My passion is to teach and thank Pures for the opportunity. Friendly working environment. Great team support to help me start up Great communication with management

Pros

friendly, good supporting system, great management

Cons

short break between classes (10-15 minutes)

Great Place to Work!

I really like the office and the people within it. There's certainly a great company culture. They care about helping people and definitely treating their employee's right. You can always get quick response once you reach out to the management team. I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented individuals I have come across in my career. Even though sometimes dealing with students here is quit challenging, you can always have support from the whole team. All in all, it's a great place to work and it definitely has a positive environment and company culture.

Pros

nice office, good management, great team

Caring work environment

very productive, friendly and safe place to work. I found most of the faculty very helpful whenever I had questions or needed support. The management is very flexible and straight forward with scheduling and working with you when it comes to completing tasks.I learned a lot about team work and support at PURES.

Pros

Really good job to learn what really goes behind the scenes of an education system

Cons

few restaurants nearby

Nice team to work with!

I've been working here for more than a year. I love the academic team I'm working with. Those girls are wonderful! We are like a family and everyone support each other. The management values employees' opinions, and they communicate with us frequently and efficiently. We were never been asked to work overtime. Overall, I think it is a good place to start your career with!

Pros

nice teamwork, monthly birthday party, work-life balance

Cons

could rent a nicer and bigger venue

Great working here

I am a part time instructor here at Pures College. Such a great team is around me. I have very professional colleagues and leaders. Its a very enjoyable environment. I recommend working here to my friends and people interested in. Great place to work.

Pros

great team

Cons

n/a

It’s not that bad!!!

I don’t understand why people complain about this company. The management is actually very nice. I’ve had problems with some students and all I do is email them and I get a reply within a day or 2. They’re very supportive and try to understand their employees. The students are not as bad as well. “Instructors” need to understand that this kids are international students w/ strict upbringing. Generally, most or maybe all of them never had this sort of freedom before. So you’re going to see a lot of behaviours you won’t usually see with college students. You need to find a balance between firmness and nice or they will step all over you (just like some high school students will). I’ve never had any of the students actually disrespect me.. I just won’t allow it. I will kick them out of my class. One thing about this job though is that there is a lot of work involved but after awhile you pretty much figure out the best way to deliver your lectures and it gets easier. It used to take me 3 hours to make a lecture slide but now maybe an hour or 2 the most (only because I try to break it down as much.)

Pros

Nice staff (say hi to people, some of them are shy as well), Management is great, MOST students are nice

Cons

Long planning hours, large number of students and no staff room

Very Supportive Environment

I am really surprised at why people are so upset with the management. These are wonderful people and they always look after the interest of the faculty members. The salary is quite low no doubt but no one forces you to work at that rate. When you sign the contract you agree to that salary, so there is no reason why one should complain about it. They pay the salary in due time and unlike what some have mentioned they always respond to your queries in due time. The management is strict and I think it is a good thing as it maintains discipline. The students are not very disciplined so any lack of strictness can lead to chaos. I am very happy with the college and would encourage people to apply and work here.

Pros

Great Management Team, Very supportive staff members, Location

Cons

Student quality, No option for buying coffee/hot drinks in campus.

Ok

Have to figure out things on my own as an instructor then I get complaints on what I come up with. Course outline was not much help. Pretty much rewrote the course.

A toxic workplace

I was a math instructor for a period of 8 months in 2017. At that time, the school was situated in a professional office building near the Scarborough Town Centre. Classrooms were overcrowded and stuffy, and not always conducive to learning. Dysfunctional management and members of the administrative and academic staff thrive on lies and deception to manipulate instructors. At times, I often found myself questioning their rude, objectionable behaviours, self-serving attitudes and motives, and this was a huge red flag for me. This spoke volumes about their character, and pointed to a lack of integrity. Some students were a pleasure to work and interact with (and some were rude and disrespectful). I rarely felt excited about the work that I was doing. Criminally low pay for mountains of marking and teaching large classes. The lack of professionalism, cooperation and open, honest and direct communication with management and staff made it exceedingly difficult to accomplish important tasks in a timely fashion, especially where the needs of students (and even instructors) were concerned. Interestingly, emails were sent en masse by the academic staff to instructors fairly regularly and were rife with loaded high-inference language. Say less, not more. This was clearly a sign of micromanagement and indicative of controlling and manipulative behaviour. (Incidentally, micromanagement is symptomatic of a mental illness.) Sadly, there's little appreciation and a lack of respect for good talent in a place like this. The experience, on the whole, was nothing short of unpleasant. -

Pros

can't think of any -- can you?

Cons

dealing with difficult, rude, disrespectful, manipulative people

Official response from PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY

16 July 2019
Our academic department strictly follow the rules and regulations and offer professional supports to both students and instructors.We believe in providing high-quality education that makes a difference, helping students with the drive and ability to gain an advantage in an increasingly competitive marketplace.If you have any question or concern, please feel free to contact ask@pures.ca for more supports.

Instructor

PLEASE DON'T APPLY FOR JOBS. They never return your messages nor have communication. Poor management. Zero HR policies. Need to focus on service delivery other than just charging the students with big fees. WORSE OF THE WORST.

Pros

Cons

Money making factory

Official response from PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY

16 July 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY with

PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY Reviews by Location

• PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?