PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

its okay
Early Childhood Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 August 2019
As a recent employee of the college, your job security is like walking on already cracked egg shells. The students are uninterested so its hard to conduct a lecture and they are disrespectful. One day you think you're doing a great job and then management out of nowhere takes one employee out and everyone is left wondering where the person went. Some instructors that have left are the good ones and the students are left with the ones who are there only for the money and it is really sad to see.

Also, there are at least 40 to SIXTY students in the class. SO imagine all the papers you have check. There's also no ESL classes considering these students only came to the country 6 months to a years ago. Come on!
Growing company
Part time instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 July 2019
A fast growing company. Nice co-workers, lovely students. I can see the management is trying to make the college a better place for both students and employees.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Great place to work, productive and friendly environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2019
I work at Pures College full-time, and I am a very happy employee who looks forward to giving my best every day at work. I am passionate about what I do here!
It’s a productive and friendly place to work at, and the team that I work with is fantastic! They are fun, always willing to assist you whenever possible, and are really dedicated to collaboration. The management is very involving, supportive and helpful, and they thoughtfully consider everybody's input for decision making.
The company expects you to be matured and responsible in managing your work. You will work hard here and it is exciting and challenging - I have learned a lot at my job and have widely enhanced my professional skill set.
Pros
Learning, growth, supportive team, free lunches from time to time
Great Startup job with minimal experience needed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  1450 Midland Ave15 July 2019
This is my first official job after I graduated college. I really appreciated the opportunity to gain some valuable administrative experience in an academic environment. The management here is really good, the working atmosphere is chill, and they also like to invest on their staff (ex. to promote from within) The salary is not the greatest, but it is above minimal and requires almost 0 previous job experience. Perfect for a new college graduate like myself.
Great Company to work with
Admissions Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2019
Staff are very helpful and approachable, great staff on all levels.
Busy environment yet organized.
A clear vision for growing the organization, lots of improvements are happening at many fronts and great ambitions.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2019
My passion is to teach and thank Pures for the opportunity.
Friendly working environment.
Great team support to help me start up
Great communication with management
Pros
friendly, good supporting system, great management
Cons
short break between classes (10-15 minutes)
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  1450 Midland Ave15 July 2019
I really like the office and the people within it. There's certainly a great company culture. They care about helping people and definitely treating their employee's right. You can always get quick response once you reach out to the management team.

I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented individuals I have come across in my career. Even though sometimes dealing with students here is quit challenging, you can always have support from the whole team.

All in all, it's a great place to work and it definitely has a positive environment and company culture.
Pros
nice office, good management, great team
Caring work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2019
very productive, friendly and safe place to work. I found most of the faculty very helpful whenever I had questions or needed support. The management is very flexible and straight forward with scheduling and working with you when it comes to completing tasks.I learned a lot about team work and support at PURES.
Pros
Really good job to learn what really goes behind the scenes of an education system
Cons
few restaurants nearby
Nice team to work with!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  1450 midland ave, toronto15 July 2019
I've been working here for more than a year. I love the academic team I'm working with. Those girls are wonderful! We are like a family and everyone support each other. The management values employees' opinions, and they communicate with us frequently and efficiently. We were never been asked to work overtime. Overall, I think it is a good place to start your career with!
Pros
nice teamwork, monthly birthday party, work-life balance
Cons
could rent a nicer and bigger venue
Great working here
Instructor, Business (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2019
I am a part time instructor here at Pures College. Such a great team is around me. I have very professional colleagues and leaders. Its a very enjoyable environment.
I recommend working here to my friends and people interested in.

Great place to work.
Pros
great team
Cons
n/a
It’s not that bad!!!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 July 2019
I don’t understand why people complain about this company. The management is actually very nice. I’ve had problems with some students and all I do is email them and I get a reply within a day or 2. They’re very supportive and try to understand their employees. The students are not as bad as well. “Instructors” need to understand that this kids are international students w/ strict upbringing. Generally, most or maybe all of them never had this sort of freedom before. So you’re going to see a lot of behaviours you won’t usually see with college students. You need to find a balance between firmness and nice or they will step all over you (just like some high school students will). I’ve never had any of the students actually disrespect me.. I just won’t allow it. I will kick them out of my class.

One thing about this job though is that there is a lot of work involved but after awhile you pretty much figure out the best way to deliver your lectures and it gets easier. It used to take me 3 hours to make a lecture slide but now maybe an hour or 2 the most (only because I try to break it down as much.)
Pros
Nice staff (say hi to people, some of them are shy as well), Management is great, MOST students are nice
Cons
Long planning hours, large number of students and no staff room
Very Supportive Environment
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2019
I am really surprised at why people are so upset with the management. These are wonderful people and they always look after the interest of the faculty members. The salary is quite low no doubt but no one forces you to work at that rate. When you sign the contract you agree to that salary, so there is no reason why one should complain about it. They pay the salary in due time and unlike what some have mentioned they always respond to your queries in due time.

The management is strict and I think it is a good thing as it maintains discipline. The students are not very disciplined so any lack of strictness can lead to chaos. I am very happy with the college and would encourage people to apply and work here.
Pros
Great Management Team, Very supportive staff members, Location
Cons
Student quality, No option for buying coffee/hot drinks in campus.
Ok
Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2019
Have to figure out things on my own as an instructor then I get complaints on what I come up with. Course outline was not much help. Pretty much rewrote the course.
A toxic workplace
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2019
I was a math instructor for a period of 8 months in 2017. At that time, the school was situated in a professional office building near the Scarborough Town Centre. Classrooms were overcrowded and stuffy, and not always conducive to learning.

Dysfunctional management and members of the administrative and academic staff thrive on lies and deception to manipulate instructors. At times, I often found myself questioning their rude, objectionable behaviours, self-serving attitudes and motives, and this was a huge red flag for me. This spoke volumes about their character, and pointed to a lack of integrity.

Some students were a pleasure to work and interact with (and some were rude and disrespectful). I rarely felt excited about the work that I was doing. Criminally low pay for mountains of marking and teaching large classes.

The lack of professionalism, cooperation and open, honest and direct communication with management and staff made it exceedingly difficult to accomplish important tasks in a timely fashion, especially where the needs of students (and even instructors) were concerned.

Interestingly, emails were sent en masse by the academic staff to instructors fairly regularly and were rife with loaded high-inference language. Say less, not more. This was clearly a sign of micromanagement and indicative of controlling and manipulative behaviour. (Incidentally, micromanagement is symptomatic of a mental illness.)

Sadly, there's little appreciation and a lack of respect for good talent in a place like this. The experience, on the whole, was nothing short of unpleasant.
  more... The workplace was toxic. A miserable and stressful place to work in which I found myself surrounded by a handful of sour and difficult people.

Deplorable.
Pros
can't think of any -- can you?
Cons
dealing with difficult, rude, disrespectful, manipulative people
16 July 2019

Our academic department strictly follow the rules and regulations and offer professional supports to both students and instructors.
We believe in providing high-quality education that makes a difference, helping students with the drive and ability to gain an advantage in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
If you have any question or concern, please feel free to contact ask@pures.ca for more supports.

Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
PLEASE DON'T APPLY FOR JOBS.

They never return your messages nor have communication. Poor management. Zero HR policies. Need to focus on service delivery other than just charging the students with big fees.

WORSE OF THE WORST.
Pros
Cons
Money making factory

It instructor
IT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
The school it's okay. I love the fact that my classes are big. 40-50. Staff member are very friendly. In case of any problem they always help you out with any advice or solution. Management is amazing. Don't understand this guys why they gave such a low rate.
Pros
Decent salary, free parking spot, gifts. Bonuses during christmas. Marking Appreciation bonuses
Cons
Air condition doesn't work proper., no room for instructors where to have sit and eat or drink
Terrible place.
Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 December 2018
This place is runned by Asians who came to invest in a business which basically brings more foreign students to Canada to learn. I was interviewed and later hired to work at an instructor and program coordinator. After I got hired they told me that pay was 25 dollars which is way under what other institutions pay and program coordinator would be in the 10s....not mentioned if it's 10-12 dollars..... Yet the owners are racking in the money. And they don't even put a dime to invest money into the facility.... Lots of broken and damaged chairs and desks...
16 July 2019

This please don't even deserve a half of a star
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 November 2018
I once worked here as an instructor and my advice to you is if you believe in education and the power of education, star from from this place. This message is for both potential students and instructors. The institution is immensely unethical and unprofessional. The students are not college ready and thus cannot cope with most of the course content. I once had a class where most of the students failed the course due to plagiarism and the school passed the entire class though many of the students cheated and submitted not projects.
Pros
None.

Toxic work environment
Instructor in Economics (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2018
No HR policy in place. Faced harassment from a student. Had to plead management to take action. No ethic or code of conduct exist for student or instructors.
Pros
Cons
bad management
16 July 2019

Do not apply for instructor jobs here.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 August 2018
Very unprofessional. I was told not to give students low marks. Very unethical place and I warn legitimate teachers stay clear. Management is secretive.
16 July 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY. Our community is ready to answer.

PURES COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY Reviews by Location