Pure Orthodontics
Happiness score is 27 out of 100

Pure Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Toxic work environment

I worked here for 2 years and I will say it was the worst experience . There was 1 person in management that I genuinely liked and respected . Everyone else including the owner were so rude and ignorant . They love to preach “ no gossiping, team work etc.” But it’s all so fake , the owner does not have basic people skills he’s so ignorant and only thinks about himself . I would never recommend anyone going here for orthodontic treatment or for a job 0/10

Pros

Cons

Terrible work environment

Toxic and stressful environment

So here’s the truth about working at Pure orthodontics. I worked there for almost 2 years and my life went downhill. Don’t get me wrong, I have worked in fast paced, busy clinics but it was controllable. At Pure, the turnaround is so high that you’re short staffed almost everyday and expected to do jobs that you aren’t trained for. It’s mentally and physically exhausting being there. You work from 9-7 (usually leave later) most days and don’t have time for anything, especially if you have a family. Then you get paid minimum wage, so all the hours and hard work spent there can barely pay off bills, food etc. On top of all that, the owner could care less about his staff. He talks about no gossiping and happy workplace all the time but he is constantly judging and talking about other people. The owner as well as HR will pick out all your flaws and fire you if they don’t like your personality. So yeah, I’d say it’s a pretty busy workplace, you learn to multitask, and they take newly grads but it’s not worth dealing with the toxicity. The only thing I gained from working at pure orthodontics was anxiety, depression and mental break downs.

Pure is purely toxic

I left this job, at PURE ORTHODONTICS CORP. Due to the Very poor management style. The upper management have no basic dental skills, people skills or any other skills for that matter. I worked here for a year and this place has the highest TURNOVER RATE i have ever witnessed. A constant revolving door of employees. Minimum wage for maximum stress. Stay clear of this corporation.

Pros

Cons

The Owner, Management, Over worked, unappreciated, under-paid, under-valued

Toxic and will never change

This company has been in toxic turmoil for years. Every year whole teams mass exit. Burnout is extreme, hours are 9-7 almost daily. Appointments are always late, patients are angry. Used and abused. Very good at the initial show but quickly shortcomings become evident.

Pros

You will realize where you don’t want to work

Cons

Almost everything

High turnover rate and unprofessional

The turnover rate is so high and they’ll come up with any excuse to fire you on the spot. The HR is pretty much non existent and ignores complaints. When I got hired I wasn’t given an offer letter or asked to fill out a direct deposit form which was very unprofessional. I have never felt so disrespected & demeaned by any manager before. The office is also only opened twice a week, so for the remaining 3 days you’re expected to sit in an empty office and essentially do nothing for 8 hours.

Cons

Bullying, disrespect, belittling

Toxic environment & extremely high turnover rate

The amount of managers and receptionists I saw in the year I was with this company was unbelievable. We had 3 managers walk out on the same day due to the toxic work environment. HR thinks they can change policies without getting employees to sign new agreements and could care less about the mental health of their employees. Management doesn’t want to connect with the employees and are essentially just on a power trip with complete disregard to actually assisting employees when they need help. Run, don’t walk!! This place is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Underpaid, disrespected, over worked, bully environment.

Incredible Vision and Growth Potential

Management is professional, fair, works hard and cares for employees. It is a fast paced environment and the energy is contagious. Proud to be part of the motivated team of professionals.

Fun Environment!

Loved working at Pure! Super fun coworkers and environment. Tasks and responsibilities are typically the same everyday, but every single day feels totally different! I learnt something new every time I was in the office and felt my managers went above and beyond to teach me everything I needed to know about the role and the industry. Would recommend this job to a friend!

Pros

Positive work environment

Horrible management

Work environment was fun for awhile but the people they have in management roles have no idea what they are doing. My dealings with them were super unprofessional and had a huge entitlement issue. I wouldn't recommend working here

Pros

Money was good at the time

Cons

No set schedule

This place is an absolute joke

This place is an absolute joke. Work here if you want to be treated like a robot and be overworked day in and day out. Most of the girls are amazing to work with but the management and “higher up” staff are all about the money and they don’t care at all about their staffs physical or mental health. They just take take take from you and push you so far and then don’t give you any recognition for your hard work. All they do is complain and want you to be better and work faster even though it’s physically impossible to provide good patient care when you are forced to work under these conditions. I know that I’m not the only one who is feeling this way, but everyone is to scared to stand up for themselves. Honestly, I am currently looking for another job because my mental health is far more important than this job. It’s actually so sad that this place is so toxic. It feels like I’m in an abusive relationship and it’s time to get out. NOW.

Pros

Make new friends with other staff members

Cons

Over worked and not appreciated. Very toxic environment. Drains your mental health.

If I could give it zero stars I would, worst job I’ve ever had.

This place is awful to work for. All they care about is making money, and due to that they really overwork the staff. There is a rapid turn over of employees (someone quits or gets fired about monthly). The culture is super toxic, lots of gossiping and overall negative energy in the office. Due to the over working of staff, patients don’t get seen until way after their appt is scheduled. The management is terrible, if any issue arises they don’t address the issue at all. They boast their no drama policy but that is so far from the truth. Drama is constant and never gets properly addressed. If you need help with something most often you have to beg for help, it’s basically every man for themselves, no teamwork whatsoever, the more senior assistants are very entitled and rude to anyone “lower” than them. I cannot stress enough how bad it was for my mental health working here. Please save yourself the stress and find somewhere that actually cares about its staff and patients.

Pros

The only pro of this office is that they buy lunch once a month for the office.

Cons

Terrible management, constantly running around and running late, awful office culture (back stabbing/drama)

Amazing Place to Work

Pure Orthodontics is an amazing place to work. I cannot say enough good things about the team and the culture here. They work very hard to provide an amazing work environment and pay very well compared to other orthodontic offices. They provide great training, coaching and mentoring. The management team is very approachable. The hardest part of the job is the training, but they work had to get you up to speed so you can handle anything. I learned more in my training here than I did at any other job or in school. The most enjoyable part is the team. I love the team here at Pure!

Overworked, underpaid, and terrible management

Usually short staffed so you are extremely over worked, all while being very underpaid for the amount of work you are doing and hours you are working. You will be hired for one position but given responsibilities that are not part of your position or in your pay grade. The work place is a very "sink or swim" mentality but the training is not thorough enough to help you "swim". The working environment is toxic and usually stems from the management and then the staff. You can "grow" with the company, but do not expect your wage to grow with you.

Great work/life balance terrible management

Awesome place to work if you are looking for a good work/life balance the team is flexible with scheduling, kids, school etc. However, the required driving is far too much there is no compensation for gas. The working environment is very toxic! A lot of backstabbing an no teamwork, unfortunately, these issues start at the top. Its a place with a "take all you can from a person" mentality that does not foster growth.

Productive, Positive, Fun, Supportive work environment

Pure Orthodontics was my favorite place to work! The staff there are incredibly positive, fun, supportive, caring and professional. I would highly recommend anyone to join their team in caring for patients during their orthodontic treatment. free lunches usually every Thursday, fair pay with great benefits, different locations to work at, M-F 9-5 work shifts, busy, fast-paced, always challenging

Pros

Friendships with staff, always working as a team, great people to work with, positive and fun work environment, amazing managing team, professional and solution-focused, amazing orthodontic service along with outstanding customer service, productive and fun

Cons

customer service (not always the best customers to handle), dealing with financial difficulties, phone system was not quite organized (but was improving), driving to each clinic in Edmonton

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pure Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2