PURE Canadian Gaming Employee Reviews

Fun loving and playful atmosphere
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 August 2019
Much fun involved as the players come to have fun there mostly and also needs good skills to manage cash and players.always lively environment Casino being the place for fun lovers.
Company supportive of its staff
F & B SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 March 2019
Good communication between departments, fun working environment, long hours but staff appreciation shown. Good pay and benefits. Open door policy when problems arise.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours an late hours
Great place to work!
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2019
Management team was amazing, good culture, long term staff retention. Healthy benefits package and employee incentives. Lots of last minute changes which made the job fun though at times could be frustrating.
Pros
Management Team
Cons
Very conscious of pay scales
Casino Lethbridge
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 February 2019
Great place to work! I couldn't ask for a better place to work. It has an amazing atmosphere and even better coworkers. I have been very happy to work in this environment.
Great People , Great Guests & a great atmosphere to work in.
SLOT ATTENDANT/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Casino Yellow Head & Casino Edmonton5 December 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced lively atmosphere of this workplace. My co- workers and management at both locations were excellent people. I learned how to think quickly on my feet and provide the best customer service possible.
Pros
Verbal validation, great co- workers
Cons
Odd hours
Terrible
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 December 2018
Absolute gongshow, poor management, poor supervisors, severely understaffed. Treat staff unfairly. No consistency whatsoever. Would not reccomend anyone to work rhere
Cons
Rude customers. Understaffed. Poor scheduling.
games dealer
idiot (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2018
A typical day at work was customers swearing, threatening, yelling at you. No protection from managers. sometimes spit at. horrible trade for anybody
Pros
you can, nevermind.
Cons
terrible hours, minimum wage, violent customers, no security (job or otherwise)
Amazing place to work
Deli Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
The casino is a great place to work. I got to know a lot of my regular customers. I enjoyed helping out the older crowd during my shift.

I will never forget my time at the casino. I will forever be grateful for the people I have met, the transferable skills I can take with me.
Pros
Great people, felt safe
Cons
the night shift was hard to get home from because i dont drive yet.
Amazing Place to Work!
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 September 2018
Pure Canadian Gaming has some of the best management I have ever experienced. They are always willing to help you advance. I would recommend this company to anyone.
not the best place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 August 2018
typical day at work means that you bust your butt to get paid a low wage or worse. they don't care about your family life, or your children when they are ill all they care about is how hard you work for them. they also say they give out incentives for not calling in for 6 months, and little things like that but if you suck up to the right people you can call in six times in a month and not get in trouble or even be recorded that you missed a shift,
terrible management, had our boss leave and they made the supervisors do his jobs, and still paid them the same wages and expected them to be able to get everything done ontop of the stuff they were delegated to do and probably not qualified to do it...
they also would roll your hours back if you were scheduled for
5pm-2:15am and you had to stay till 2:30am because of business needs, they would roll your hours back to 2:15am.
Pros
good staff to work with, friendly.
Cons
fun workplace to work at
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2018
i have gain so much customer service and communication skills at Pure Canadian Gaming. also i gain knowledge of organizational skill to work as a team to face problems
Pros
free dinner and lunch
Cons
standing too much on the floor
Poor Managment - no Balance for everyday life
SURVEILLANCE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
long shifts watching monitors with poor working conditions
Huge responsibilities for inadequate pay vs. fines that could be received.
Data entry, and computer skills required with diligent observation.
Pros
full time hours available
Cons
lack of training
Depends on the day
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 January 2018
man some days were great but that all depended on who was working that day if the best people were working man the day went smooth and was just a joy. If they weren't working the day was long and filled with never ending mistakes and was just hard to deal with. direct supervisors for the most part I liked all of them. head office is a pain to deal with a lot, luckily I didn't have to deal with them directly, feel bad for my Head Chef and F&B Manager though.
Pros
cooks got one free meal and pop coffee tea were free too
Cons
uh wish they paid more but then who doesn't
Deattachments from administrative office to operations.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2018
Simply put, when the managements in adminstrative offices have almost zero experiences on everyday operations that is never an ideal situation for anyone to work for and especially an inexperienced American CEO running a Canadian gaming business then hired everyone from either outside of the country or only related to the job titles those who previously held. If you are only looking for a place to just have a related title stamps on your resume, then this is a perfect place for your next job.
Pros
No one cares
Cons
No one cares
Complete dumpster fire.
Pit supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
Could be the worst job I’ve ever had. There you are just a number as a employee. It’s a sweat shop. They don’t care about you or your career and as soon as they no longer want you they will do whatever they can to get rid of you. Even going as far as moving one of their Games Managers to the head of the custodial department. The only thing more fake than their smiles are their promises. Managers are out of touch with entry level employees and I think it has to do with the staggeringly high turn over rate which leads to another problem, constant training. Their Casino Manager is a truly evil woman that always looks like she’s trying to find 101 dalmations to skin and make a coat. All this and it’s unionized with a union that cares less about the employees than the company does.

I felt really bad for the people that moved their families across this vast country only to be laid off within weeks of starting. I would suggest exhausting all other options before looking at the Casino Calgary or any Casino controlled by Pure Canadian Gaming.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, high turnover, horrible management and bad food.
It's ok if u like favouritism in a company
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary5 November 2017
I have worked there a long time and it was awesome until a new general manager took over and now it's very corporate. And the managers who work there now especially food and beverage are the worst!!! Do not work in that department trust me. Be prepared to see the same clientele everyday . Some are awesome and become like family and others, well no comment. Some staff are awesome and others will stab u in the back in a second.
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
Worst management ever
fun staff, bad atmosphere
Gaming Department Head (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 July 2017
i have worked for this company for th last 8 years, the problem is i have hit my peak and there is not room for advancement. the management is not stable and constantly in flux
A decent place to work
Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Working in the casino industry is difficult because you have to deal with a variety of situations including inebriated customers and hostile people. I prided myself on my ability to mediate when a situation arose requiring a level head.
The people I worked with were fun to be around and the general air of the environment was friendly and open.
The hardest part of the job was the hours, working until three or later in the morning made social life difficult.
Pros
Professional managment
Cons
Late hours
Business in transition
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada15 May 2017
An interesting place to work. Hours are interesting and the culture is in need of a change. High turnover rate results in constant training. This is also because it is in a small town.
Fun
Bartender/Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
Great place to work, feel like family since day one...
Lot of place for more opportunities...
Great training available...
Loved the challenge from the poker room and behind the bar during show night.