PURE Canadian Gaming

PURE Canadian Gaming Employee Reviews

I have found this company and its atmosphere to be conflicting, depending on whom you are working with. The procedures change with every supervisor. The workplace culture is not very inviting or welcoming. I found this to be the hardest part of the job.
the hardest part of the job is standing for ten hours most casino have a counter that you can lean againts or a stool to sit on. if was was given a choice of working there again i would go back anytime.i was there 7 1/2 years
Very little follow up from management. Employee concerns not addressed. Management will throw employees under the bus to save themselves. No accountability. Quick to reprimand. Zero leadership. Horrible place to work.
Awesome place with wonderful team members!!! Mangers and supervisors are friendly easy to get along with. Always having training so team members have more knowledge of their job responsibilities.
Typically, the weekends are busy as you would expect for many places in the service industry. The job is very manageable and can be fun when learning new games, but there are times when the job can be stressful and frustrating at times due to the nature of service work in general. However, this can be easily overlooked when coworkers and management are great people to be around in the work environment.
It was alright to work there managment got a little harder to handle schedules came out for entire months but the next one didnt come out until the day before
I worked here for over 2 years. Every time I had a problem and went to management about it. They'd tell me they'll deal with it, but nothing is ever done about it. They care more about themselves than their employees. There was a VIP guest who came in and harassed their employee because things weren't going his way. This happens quite often. But when we went to management about it, nothing was ever done about it. You also have to constantly fight to keep your job. If you don't kiss up to management they either start targeting you to try and get you fired or they cut your hours to bare minimum. Those who kisses up to them gets away with everything; being lazy, hiding in the office, losing hundreds of dollars. Those who don't? They get written up for losing $5, picked on by management, things from the past that was forgiven is suddenly brought up, etc. I've never worked for a business that operates the way Pure does. Where management pretends to care, but only does things that works in their favour. One who gets influenced by mere employees who are playing with them.
Much fun involved as the players come to have fun there mostly and also needs good skills to manage cash and players.always lively environment Casino being the place for fun lovers.
Very nice place with nice customers, very well trained and motivated but not appreciated staff,very poor corporate management unfortunately! Before was way better!
Pros
Food discount 25%
Cons
Long hours, exploitation of the staff with fake appreciation, fake respect !
Good communication between departments, fun working environment, long hours but staff appreciation shown. Good pay and benefits. Open door policy when problems arise.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours an late hours
Management team was amazing, good culture, long term staff retention. Healthy benefits package and employee incentives. Lots of last minute changes which made the job fun though at times could be frustrating.
Pros
Management Team
Cons
Very conscious of pay scales
Great place to work! I couldn't ask for a better place to work. It has an amazing atmosphere and even better coworkers. I have been very happy to work in this environment.
I enjoyed the fast paced lively atmosphere of this workplace. My co- workers and management at both locations were excellent people. I learned how to think quickly on my feet and provide the best customer service possible.
Pros
Verbal validation, great co- workers
Cons
Odd hours
Absolute gongshow, poor management, poor supervisors, severely understaffed. Treat staff unfairly. No consistency whatsoever. Would not reccomend anyone to work rhere
Cons
Rude customers. Understaffed. Poor scheduling.
A typical day at work was customers swearing, threatening, yelling at you. No protection from managers. sometimes spit at. horrible trade for anybody
Pros
you can, nevermind.
Cons
terrible hours, minimum wage, violent customers, no security (job or otherwise)
The casino is a great place to work. I got to know a lot of my regular customers. I enjoyed helping out the older crowd during my shift. I will never forget my time at the casino. I will forever be grateful for the people I have met, the transferable skills I can take with me.
Pros
Great people, felt safe
Cons
the night shift was hard to get home from because i dont drive yet.
Pure Canadian Gaming has some of the best management I have ever experienced. They are always willing to help you advance. I would recommend this company to anyone.
typical day at work means that you bust your butt to get paid a low wage or worse. they don't care about your family life, or your children when they are ill all they care about is how hard you work for them. they also say they give out incentives for not calling in for 6 months, and little things like that but if you suck up to the right people you can call in six times in a month and not get in trouble or even be recorded that you missed a shift, terrible management, had our boss leave and they made the supervisors do his jobs, and still paid them the same wages and expected them to be able to get everything done ontop of the stuff they were delegated to do and probably not qualified to do it... they also would roll your hours back if you were scheduled for 5pm-2:15am and you had to stay till 2:30am because of business needs, they would roll your hours back to 2:15am.
Pros
good staff to work with, friendly.
Cons
i have gain so much customer service and communication skills at Pure Canadian Gaming. also i gain knowledge of organizational skill to work as a team to face problems
Pros
free dinner and lunch
Cons
standing too much on the floor
long shifts watching monitors with poor working conditions Huge responsibilities for inadequate pay vs. fines that could be received.Data entry, and computer skills required with diligent observation.
Pros
full time hours available
Cons
lack of training
man some days were great but that all depended on who was working that day if the best people were working man the day went smooth and was just a joy. If they weren't working the day was long and filled with never ending mistakes and was just hard to deal with. direct supervisors for the most part I liked all of them. head office is a pain to deal with a lot, luckily I didn't have to deal with them directly, feel bad for my Head Chef and F&B Manager though.
Pros
cooks got one free meal and pop coffee tea were free too
Cons
uh wish they paid more but then who doesn't