Purdys Chocolatier

Purdys Chocolatier Employee Reviews

Canada101 reviews
great place to work
great place to work! positive and great working environments. one of my favourite jobs ive had so far. the most enjoyable part are the customers, we have some of the best customers around! they make your day awesome!
Good employees/management
Difficult to find a balance between work and home. Inter workplace friendships are common, a lot of drama between staff. Troubles with finding shifts added to your schedule with very minimal notice.
not serious company/do not even return applicants
Regarding the application, I have not been given any feedback, not even complying with the courtesy of doing business. Do not waste your precious time with this company.
No advancement
No advancement, no benefits as a contract work, no guarantee that you'll be call back, lots of chocolates to eat, inconveniently located, not near anything.
Pros
Chocolates
Cons
Poor pay
Kind coworkers and great environment to work in. Would recommend this job to anybody, was my first job and not a day goes by that I will ever not be happy I was a part of the team at Purdy's
Friendly, collaborative environment
Customer service meets a great product and a team that's carefully chosen to get along. Shifts would move quickly and there was always laughter. Customers are generally friendly and happy to purchase the high-quality products.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great coworkers
Cons
Many hours of standing/walking the sales floor
Great work environment, but expected too much of a part-time
Working at Purdy's was an enjoyable experience. The supervisors and other employees were patient and congenial. As a student, it was difficult to balance work and school, but my managers at the time were very accommodating.
Seasonal work
I applied for Seasonal full time work - interview was super easy - amazing and friendly work environment - so much fun with colleagues- and you get to taste yummy chocolate samples almost everyday
this isn't a great place to work
i don't know who's giving these reviews because the work environment isn't great in factory
the people only associate with each others ethnic group, very unfriendly workers

favouritism given to own ethnic group
Team work
It was a great experience to work for this company. They taught me to be more responsible and since most of them have been there for more than 13 years, they taught me to work smarter and harder
Interesting seasonal job
It is quite fast paced and there are going to be lots of people. Hardest part of the job, random customers yelling at you for no reason. There is lots to learn and expect to know your stuff.
Great full time everyday seasonal job!
The hours did provided great on site seasonal experiences for 3 months contract !
The people as supervisor were great! Lockers area was provided in the first day but the only thing about stressful life was to get up early in the morning from 6am - 4pm work wise! Great experiences if you love to make chocolates!
Fun workplace with great coworkers.
The environment was really amazing to work in. The management people were very friendly and your coworkers can make it really fun to work. There were many learning sessions when the time came for the program that Purdys offers for fundraising. The hardest thing would have to be keeping up the level of service when it gets really busy.
Pros
Free Chocolate everyday
Cons
long commute
Environnement de travail agréable
Environnement de travail agréable. Je conseille fortement
Fantastic work environment
Everyone is nice and welcoming. The warehouse smells like chocolates, milk, and nuts.
27 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working at Purdys Chocolatier. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors!
Nice work environment
Worked for Christmas season. Excelente manager and co-workers. It was my first job in Canada. They treat me pretty good, with a lot of patience even when I didn't have experience.
27 May 2020
Thank you for this kind review! It's great to hear about your experience with the company and your team. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors.
Fantastic work environment
This has been one of my favourite places to work! The company is wonderful and their employees are as well. I personally came out of my shell working here, and it’s done wonders for me!
15 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed working at Purdys Chocolatier.
Awesome place to work
A typical day at work included cleaning and selling chocolates, makes boxes up of chocolates, taking phone calls and setting up displays. Management was amazing.
15 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience working at the shop!
Excellent workplace and management
You will enjoy working under this company. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting a taste of their excellest chocolates! Best management because they actually care about their employees and go above and beyond. Also has great benefits.
15 January 2020
We are so pleased to hear about your experience working at Purdys Chocolatier! Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Divide unfair job
They only care about their permanent staff., even they have special seats in food room. For permanent employees and supervisors wear gloves and cover the hair are not necessarily. Some of them is too rude.
16 January 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience working at Purdys Chocolatier and we take your feedback seriously. Thank you for the review and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Wonderful Chocolate!
Excellent Manager and Team Leaders, well trained for the position I was hired for, learned the different chocolates and where they are from. I enjoyed the experience.
15 January 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed working with the team and learning about our chocolates.