Puglisevich

Puglisevich Employee Reviews

In my experience Puglisevich is a great company to work for! I very much enjoyed my time there and would love to go back. I liked the work, it was interesting to me and it made me happy to help others find employment where I could. I felt valued as an employee and really felt like part of a team/family. Co-workers were amazing, everyone is super friendly (: . There is always someone eager to help you if you need it! I found everyone professional, knowledgeable, and easy to get along with. The best people work there!!! :D
Started as a Roustabout with the Company, started off working temp/on-call work which is pretty much the way to get your foot in the door. Got a lot of experience on multiple rigs and with different clients. Was able to eventually able to get full time work and then got signed over with that Company. Working full time there now, was a great experience, was clear from beginning, knew what expectations where etc.
Pros
got full time work
I learned a lot of new material as per Mechanic/Millwright when i worked for Puglisevich. I would recommend this company to everybody since the work is safe and the atmosphere is great. I would have to say HR takes care of you when travelling for work. I have been called buy HR dept. many times to ask how the client i was working for through Puglisevich was and if there were any issues. I have no complaints about Puglisevich and their training facilities and instructors are very knowledgeable, personable and willing to help. I have to say its pretty good when the owner and HR dept. askes how you are doing and says thanks for doing a great job. Appreciate everything and hope to work with you ladies and gentlemen again when work picks up.
Pros
work
Cons
no issues
Initial impression of the company was quite positive but that was the end of the positivity.Abusive language, demeaning of workers, constant fear and paranoia, extremely stressful, constantly micromanaged and no respect for workers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
constant fear and paranoia, ever changing rules, bullying, no appreciation
During my time at Puglisevich I gain great knowledge and experience to take with me for the rest of life. The atmosphere great to work in and I made a lot of new frialong the way. Would highly recommend it to anyone especially someone looking to gain experience in the offshore industry and safety industry.
No two days are alike. Can be stressful but in a fun atmosphere. Management are supportive and inclusive. Fast paced work, employees treated like people rather than workhorses.
Are you a good worker, respectful and sincere? Want an environment that can put you on the doorstep of many great companies to work for? Well then Puglisevich Crews & Services are your ticket. They have more experience and dedication for you to keep you going as long as you are willing to put in the effort and prove yourself. I have worked with them for many years on and off and keep going back when needed. Willing to be flexible, pleasant and know that the industry is demanding & competitive which is outside of Puglisevich’s personal control is key. From my experience, be a good worker and Puglisevich will fight for you first hand.
Pros
Experience, knows all their clients professionally and personally.
Cons
As a recruiter they have to go by their clients needs and specifications. Includes salary, policies & procedures; which vary greatly from company to company.
Great company, always upfront with employees. If you do a good job you are treated well. Best organized company that I have worked with so far. Company cares about employees who are willing to work.
Pros
Communication
My first experience working offshore. HR department was great to deal with answering my questions quickly any time day/night and weekends as well. Hopefully things improve with the offshore and I will get back to work soon.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Puglisevich?
while offshore, learned multiple different techniques of rigging and slinging. While working on the drill floor, got a thorough knowledge of the entire drill operations on a semi submersible rig, loved the atmosphere and the people that I worked with. Over all a very positive experience.
I cannot say enough regarding how horrible Puglisevich is to work for. Especially during the pandemic of COVID-19. They offer you a particular salary during the pandemic, which has been agreed on by both Puglisevich and the employee. The employee goes offshore and receives an informal email that their salary has been cut in half. This is so wrong. I have also never seen such unprofessionalism from the office staff - especially the Human Resources department. They're communication with employees is disrespectful and provide no help to employee. Asking for clarification on anything regarding your job is a painful process. If anyone reading this is considering employment with Puglisevich, I would advise you look elsewhere. Their compensation is way below average and you are just a number.
The company was fair to all of their employee's, all expenses and accommodations taking care of. The company also supplied any or all the certification needed to work offshore. HR staff were excellent to work with and where available all the time and also answered all emails in a timely manner. Great company to work for.
Poorly Managed at all levels. General Manager, HR Manager, Company Owners. Training Supervisor has no supervisory skills, should not even be in the position of supervisor. Foul language is the norm. Total lack of respect for employees. I would not recommend anybody work at or for Puglisevich. Months of stress. Called names, swore at, belittled and bullied. Co-workers crying on job site and no-one seemed to care. The best thing to happen was I got let go, thank god. Shameful way to run a company.
Expect a full fast paced work environment but fulfilling as well as a good group of guys. There may be times of relaxed tasks but again good time to learn different things about the job. Great staff at the office. Always there to help.
I would recommend this place to work as it provides room to grow based on opportunity and interest. Easy to communicate with with prompt replies. Ensure our have accommodations in time of need.
Pros
Provide training
Cons
Some say low pay
This is the St. John’s NL office I can’t believe that there aloud to treat ppl the way they do and the girls that do the recruiting are just horrible and feels like a bunch of baby’s are running it they have no care if you work hard or the rcompany wants ya it’s just if they like ya and your there lil robot be prepared to be treated like nothing and black listed if you have any disagreement with anything big or small strongly encourage doing what ever you can to avoid this company
Pros
Cons
The entire recruiting team
Absolutely dreadful. the pay is fair but the work load is terrible. Managment are awful. youd be better off working at mcdonalds. they dont care about there staff. only the management treat other managers well
These guys are essentially a temp agency that screens potential employees for the offshore industry. I went through the interview process and after they contacted my references they ghosted me. I emailed different representatives repeatedly and received no response. That would be bad enough, but they made me pay for my own criminal background check after the interview and reference checks which cost me $50 out of my pocket at a time when I was unemployed. I fully understand that decisions have to be made, and if they decided to go with a different candidate that's fine. However, I feel that ghosting people after interviewing them and calling references is very unprofessional. And getting people to waste $50 on a criminal background check ( my criminal record is clean ) when they're not going to make a job offer is totally pointless and just wasting the candidates money. This should be the last step prior to hiring, and only the people 100% selected for hire should be subjected to that fee.
Company that expects you to pay for your own training, then provide you with little or no work. They also expect you to pay for your own travel when working outside the Province. They don’t even provide enough work to meet the minimum requirement for EI. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Go out West for work in the Oilsands. Aecom is hiring tradesmen for full and part time work. Pay is better out West. I look back at my time withPug as a bad experience.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Little or no work
Puglisevich gives you the opportunity to prove yourself to other companies and find a full time position in the oil and gas industry. Enjoyable company to work for and if willing to help you along the way
Contract company that hires employees to work for other companies, mostly deals with offshore oil and gas companies. offers 21 on and 21 off to offshore employees
Pros
Great if looking to get a foot in the door
Cons
mostly for oil and gas jobs only
  1. Employee reviews