Public Storage Canada

Public Storage Canada Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
The environment can be difficult to navigate at times..
Public Storage is no different from any other org...There are moments of bliss and ignorance!

Relaxed approach however things get done...

Human Resources rep lacks knowledge and experience...no education?
Working as a Property Manager at one of the Mississauga location since 2014. Good pay with great benefits. Job includes Administration, some accounting, customer service, little bit maintenance/cleaning etc. Very relaxing with less stress, lovely atmosphere, Management/District Managers are very accommodating and always ready to help. Great chances for the promotion.
Pros
Great benefits / Very relaxing job
Cons
Sometimes it’s too boring when you are doing the same job again and again.
10 Years as Property Manager and those were my golden years. Co workers used to be like my family members. Awesome place to work and build your careers. Mentors are so affectionate and friendly.
The type of job is great. You have enough to do to keep busy and active. It is the management that ruins it. Toxic managers, toxic supervisors, thefts, rudeness, the list goes on. My experience was with two toxic managers who talked down to us like we were trash, broke into lockers of customers they didnt like, refused to follow rules, did no work themselves but put it on their co-workers and treated customers rudely.
Its ok, it pays the bills, there is nothing more that I would like to say, except that it pays the Bill's. So it's ok, because it pays the Bill's ok?
The culture at Public Storage is amazing. Everyone is so positive and upbeat. There is no gossip which is so refreshing. Coworkers and managers are so encouraging. I love working here.
Pros
Coffee, yummy food at staff meetings ongoing training
Cons
Head Office and management were never on the same page.
A physically and emotionally very demanding job with small salary.

Management was never satisfied with results.

Although the title was manager, we have no power in hiring, firing or any important decisions.

Huge staff turnover. For every 8 hires, 1 would stay. The others left when they realized what the job entailed.
Pros
Occasional bonuses
Cons
Bad management
Work is easy but too many things to do, No appreciation and very low pay. Start pay 14.75 $ but you are responsible for Cash, Cleaning and Calling etc etc. For everything you have to deal with the District managers and if you are not a fan then you are screwed. You will not get promotions, no pay increase and working every random days of the week. Labour laws doesn't exist here.

Human resource manager is not listening to the staff. HR manager is just to send job posting and not to take care of people. For everything you are on your own because managers and cooperate is one team and relief mangers and property staff opposite team.
Pros
free time to sit and chat
Cons
low pay and no growth
The reporting and managerial structure is so awful. They ask customers to write reviews about them so they can get good name but if you get inside you realize they are all insensitive towards customers. All they know is money and poor customer service...If you can play the negative you are promoted
Pros
Everything is just bad..Get another storage
Cons
District managers don't know their roles and poor salary
In one sentence. NEVER WORK THERE! Poisonous culture, incompetent managers, lots of discrimination eventhough major employees are not caucasians. Basically, they want you to work for free, because the salary doesn't go with the workloads.
The company prides themself in being a leader in the industry but more attention is required to actual “lead” than just speak of it. The Alberta market has major staffing issues and deep seeded moral issues and HQ has no plan in place to correct or support and would rather ignore the problem than address it. Be very cautious and ask lots of questions before joining this organization.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Leadership, moral is toxic
HR is AWFUL! They only have one HR rep for the whole company, tragic. Company has many caucasian people in management and upper levels. Lack of representation and diversity in the office.
Great team, excellent managers who are highly flexible. If you do well it is really easy to be given a higher position within the company. Company bosses are really cool & even sometimes offer free company dinner with the team.
Pros
fun team
Cons
long hours, might have to work late- 10pm
We are busy every day, but we get jobs done with a good laugh at the end. The senior management team has a clear vision of the direction of the company.
I have had interactions with people of every level of the company, from Montreal to Vancouver, and all, were caring, helping, understanding and most friendly ... until a certain regional manager got promoted to V.P. ... he is no longer with the company. I maintain a very good memory of that time and of these people.
At Public Storage, the key was to make sure all customers who came in for information were leaving with Public Storage as their number one choice to storage their belongings. Very clean environment, friendly and helpful staff, and customer friendships were often made.
Count petty cash, deposit the cash to the bank, Check answer machine and e-mails ,do Lock check and make sure no debris At The Property ,call delinquency,renting units vacate units and etc..
I learned how to Sell My Products immediately