Public Services and Procurement Canada

Public Services and Procurement Canada Employee Reviews

Salary

The problem is the staffing agency took a big portion of the payment, in other word, The consultant got paid in average about 60% or less from the original amount of the bid rate.

Fun work environment

I really enjoyed working with PSPC. I would love to go back and work for the government and join a career with PSPC.Friendly environment, hard working people and very understanding management.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Waiting too long in cafeteria.

Amazing

PSPC is honestly a great place to work. They put their employees physical and mental health first. Great place for students to earn experience. Everyone is greeted fairly.

Pros

Great company culture, many benefits, professional management

Toxic work place

Repetitive work. Unsupportive management team. Very little room for advancement or opportunities to learn new skills. Work place culture reminds me high school clicks.

Enjoyable workplace with coworkers and management that helps you succeed

Great place to work as a young person. I learned a lot during my time with PSPC and would love to work there again in the future. If offered a position with PSPC, I would accept with enthusiasm.

Valuable work experience and a great place to learn as everyone is there to help

Working here has been a better opportunity than I could have hoped for. Management continually checks to make sure you enjoy the line of work and constantly try to give you something of interest and benefit to you. They are there to build a long term relationship and help you build your career.

Collaborative group - filled with innovative ideas and great communication

I truly enjoyed working with PSPC. I felt welcomed and a part of their team, despite being a student at the time. They are a great team to work with and I'm happy I had the opportunity to work with them.

Typical government department.

This is a typical government department, where the work is sometimes slow and decisions at the management level are slow to take. This results in some delays and re-planning of activities. It seems like money is not a concern in the department and projects routinely get extended.

Invaluable Experience with Fast-Paced Projects

You work with a very knowledgeable team that is ready to make use of the skills that you bring to the table. As long as you listen and learn fast, you can have the opportunity to take on a very wide range of tasks and experiences.

Great workplace

My days are busy. Lots of projects are going on. I work on a team where everyone is friendly, supportive, and friendly. We collaborate with other teams, and communicate with our clients on a daily basis.

Jobs at Public Services and Procurement Canada

See more jobs

Still in pool, Interview attracts, first weeks kill due to discriminatory managers

I obtained my first offer in August 2018 after a very good process: successful at test,screening and interview-after about nine years and hundreds of tests. My first manager saw my high school diploma and what CCIC demanded for recognition and phoned me that no positions were available any more. I contacted a deputy minister and he sent me to a Quebec born manager, recently promoted as she married another favorite friend of the director. Micromanaging on me and chatting with everybody else was...my training survival for three months. Every word I said was reported in writing to the director and the ombudsman said I was disruptive when trying to say that my manger was extremely rude with me and providing me with false, wrong or hiding data so I fail when timing my performance in the first 3 months! I was fired in first week of January, in my 4th month of probation with false reports on my performance evaluation, equivalent to :not capable of anything. Thank you for destroying my life of non-born in Quebec nor in Canada-citizen. Who will pick me up from the pool where I sank? Nobody called me for deployment. Thank you!

Best Job ever

Excellent environnement avec travail d'équipe remarquable!

Very good!

Great experience and great team! Had the chance to learn a lot. - I work as part of the SIGMA (Solutions d’affaires en gestion du matériel). - The tasks are related to two projects: 1. GcDocs -Bring the saved files to the tool. 2. BI reports - Review existing relationships between SAP and BI - Participate in the preparation, documentation and realization of test scenario in the financial system. - Plan meetings with stakeholders - Produce research about the project (guides, best practices, references, experiment tools, discover features) - Create a work plan (objective, tasks to be performed, estimated time) - Provide a weekly summary of the progress of the project - Document the methodology - Assisting colleagues in researching and gathering information on technical documents, policies, business processes and on the operation of the SAP application

Great learning environment with quality co-workers

I worked at PSPC during the summer term between May and August. Overall, I found it was a great environment to learn about various server related languages and software and I enjoyed my time there as I was surrounded by quality co-workers who were able to provide me guidance and help whenever I needed it. Management was great at consistently giving me engaging and challenging tasks which allowed me to grow and a programmer and communicator.

Pros

Inclusive and helpful co-workers, able to work remotely

Cons

Location is not very easy to reach

Poor management

Management tends to micro manage, spend time on useless make-work projects “reinventing the wheel”. They also do not submit paperwork and reports on a timely basis. Another irksome practice is nepotism- hiring unfairly.

Pros

Not many

Cons

Poor management.

fun work place with very kind people

People there are very kind and fun to work with. All round never a bad moment there. management is great. While working on projects, asking questions on projects are not a problem at all.

Energetic, productive and respectful department

The PSPC department which I am working currently for is called: Energy Services Acquisition Program (ESAP). Majority of peoples working for ESAP are young persons with lots of optimism and energy. This positive energy is fuel by senior and regular directors including also supervisors,

Pros

Working from home and flexible hours

Cons

Slow approval process by other PSPC branches

It is a vibrant location with access to food court

It's a comfortable office environment and secured with access card. Coworkers are team players in day to day operations and we also work independently most of the time.

Great environment to work in with great people

PSPC is definately a wonderful place to work! Great employee programs and manageent is very good. Work-life balance etc. All the good stuff.

Steady Paycheque

standard 9-5 government job. steady work, no incentives to do more than is required. Procedures change all the time, turnover is ridiculously high and it's very difficult to get work done. Be bilingual if you want to get ahead in the federal government

Good for Government

Not crazy about working in the federal government and the department has gone through a lot of changes with Phoenix, and prior push towards SAP, but as far as working for the federal government goes, it is not a bad place to work.

Pros

telecommuting, flexible hous

Cons

some employees do not pull their weight, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Services and Procurement Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement