Public Service Commission of Canada

Public Service Commission of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
A very positive experience. I WOULD work there again at anytime. The process of getting in was through a recruiter. I was paid promptly. I also felt that this was an equal opportunity employer, that was important for me.
Manage your expectations when you arrive. You will get a lunch, two paid coffee breaks and a clean and modern office to work in. As for stimulating or challenging work that depends on whether your Manager is not hoarding the information from you or only giving you the tasks that he or she does not want to do. The policies are constantly changing so you need to be flexible and always watch your back. There is high turnover. Many people who live in the area are happy to work there as it is close to their home. Many people who cross the bridge every day are looking for a better workplace.
A great government department to work with. Co-workers were friendly and helpful, management was supportive. Diversed an respectful team environment. Flexible working hours.
Worked as application developer for a y
Good workplace environment.

Friendly staffs and upper management.

Relatively relax working ambiance.

Team building activities once in a while.
Learning and professional development are a priority in this Ottawa-Gatineau office. Strong management skills at all levels. A rare occasion to learn about work performed throughout the federal public service and in a wide variety of settings.
My typical day involves working on rather bland government web sites.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Unchallenging, No career advancement opportunities
Young energetic team of employees, fast paced, nice offices.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping coworkers and solving IT problems.
Pros
nice environment, good benefits.
Cons
can be stressful.