PTW Energy Services Ltd.

PTW Energy Services Ltd. Employee Reviews

N/a
It was a great learning experience for me to learn as a foreman and superintendent to help me understand business to help me run my own company one day.
Worked here for many years
Worked here for many years, have always kept me busy. Have had the opportunity to work all over Alberta and get lots of experience in both the maintenance and construction industries.
Former Employee
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
The management team is a joke. It is micro managed by a bunch of people that dont have any ideas to what they are doing

The work team are over worked and under paid.

Stay away from this place
Average E/I company
Job quality is alright (if there are jobs). Pay is low and is difficult to get raises. Little to no room for advancement. Equipment provided is barely maintained and unreliable.
Waste of everyone's time and money
Was hired to work on the valve truck permanently and went out on 2 jobs in 3 months. Had no compensation for lost time and spent most of my days doing instrumentation work in the shop wilst earning a labourers wage 4hrs a day. They let me go 2 days before the end of my 3 month probation. Very cliquey and arrogant atmosphere. Poor management. Thanks for wasting my time.
Stressful, Tense and low moral
The Management team are only reactive, they do not take in new suggestions only make excuses why their way works. The salary didn't change in 7 years of work. They did bring in a RRSP program, which was appreciated. Overall the communication and moral of this company (Corporate) was difficult and overpowering. I would not recommend this place to any one I know.
Good place to get hours in for apprentices
Started there in 2011 in their panel shop. Worked up the ladder a small bit. Eventually went for field construction jobs. Good place to keep busy and learn new things. Management can be hard to deal with sometimes and tend to get disorganized.
Be cautious
I really enjoyed PTW once you learn procedures and policy( some are trial and error as they dont tell you unless you ask). the place is a good atmosphere with great people and good benefits, although the pay is less than the industry average and they falsely advertise RRSP matching. There is one arrogant manager that fired on average one employee a month.
Place of business is downtown
Co-Workers are awesome, Have learned a lot from this company and gained more knowledge in my career choice as a Payroll Administrator/Processor. A lot of restructuring going on this year lots of new faces.
Proud to work here
I've been with Tarpon since 2010 i went to work for a couple companys short term in between and just seeing how other companys operate Tarpon is by far superior in the industry . The things this company has done for me i can't thank them enough . They treat their employees incredible. I'm out of the Lloydminster shop and i know things change from shop to shop but overall Tarpon is a great place to work !
Not a bad Company
Spent just under 4 years at this company and left to pursue what seemed like a better opportunity at the time. Looking back I probably should have stayed put.
Don’t waste your time
Recent corporate restructuring efforts result in a disjointed, confused and reactive management team. Don’t expect anyone to value you or your work here, they’re trying to keep their heads above water only. Poor communication and culture permeate every department. Angry managers and supervisors abound. Don’t waste your time and sanity here.
Pros
Occasional social events
Cons
Poor management and low pay