Pseudio Management reviews

Excellent place to work
Key holder (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 April 2019
A good company to grow and learn from. Starting off as a shy sales associate this company helps you come out of your shell and gain confidence. The team is one big family and the management is great! Very accommodating when you need a shift changed even in short notice! The best company I have worked for!
Pros
Great company to work for!
manager (Current Employee) –  atlantic canada16 March 2019
I started at this company almost two years ago and I have nothing but awesome things to say. If you work hard it won't go unnoticed by upper management. They have been more than great to offer me positions to further my career within the company. An awesome atmosphere and great support from other management / head office employees.
Pros
discount
Cons
none!
I wouldn’t work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 March 2019
Hey!

Sorry to be a bummer, but the entire company is pretty unorganized. It’s a shame, given the fact that some staff are really pleasant to work with. However the pros do not outweigh the cons, at all... The cheap owners never really give much incentive - for how hard they expect you to work and sell. You could very well get top sales in the entire company for the year, and barely get recognized for it. Your efforts are pretty much wasted here.

Also if you enjoy having rights as a human and an employee, probably not the place for you. They blatantly break labour laws (especially regarding breaks) and will just phase you out if you bring it to their attention. They don’t seem to have any intention on improving their work environment anytime soon, where as it keeps happening time and time again..

The petty drama in this specific location is enevitable, where as it stems from management getting frustrated with staff, and then venting to everyone instead of actually fixing any issues 1 on 1. They don’t seem to take any issues seriously, which ends up making you feel really unvalued. When the district managers come for store visits, it really doesn’t seem like much happens then either. The in-store management just keep getting away with being super passive aggressive towards staff. I didn’t feel as though it was my responsibility to ensure management was in a “good mood” in order to feel comfortable talking to them during my shift. This was a daily occurrence.

Hanging out with customers was normally quite fun, some of the staff were really cool, and the discount was
  more... good compared to some other places (minus the fact that you’re basically obligated to buy an entire new wardrobe to “rep” the company - which adds up trust me) However, I personally would not work there again unless some drastic changes were made!

Anyway best of luck, hopefully you find somewhere that appreciates you on a daily basis! Xo
Pros
Typically nice-ish customers
Cons
Management needs to change their approach
Never apply here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 December 2018
I have worked many part time jobs in various provinces throughout my life and I can honestly say that Pseudio in the Avalon Mall is the worst store I have ever had the displeasure of working for. I do not recommend this job to anyone. Do not apply here at any cost. The management has little to no respect for their employees. Management bullies part time staff, especially students, and genuinely makes their time working at Pseudio a nightmare. Favoritism is undoubtedly a factor between management and sales associates. The ones deemed the “favorites” will have a pleasurable experience whilst the “rejects” (being the majority) will be miserable each and every shift. I can honestly say I cried on the way to work, and on the way home after almost every shift. I felt alienated from my first shift there,and would have left much earlier had another job opportunity come up. If you are booked during “busy” days such as Black Friday, 20% off day, etc. please expect to be given insufficient breaks that are concealed by them not allowing you to punch out until your shift is finished. If a problem arises between yourself and a member of management, expect to be ignored. The problem will not be dealt with, and will therefore continue to cause you stress. If you are a student, expect to be given a 30-40 hour work week despite your request for less hours, due to the fact that this company cares more about profit than your well-being. This company operates using unrealistic sales goals (without commission) which have caused many unhealthy rifts between sales associates due to an excessively competitive  more... environment. If you do not perform to their “standard”, expect to get laid off before somebody with several months less experience than you. This company is a disappointment, and does not deserve to be in business.  less
Pros
Discount is 50% off
Cons
Everything else
Subpar
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador12 December 2018
The store operates very poorly and it is not hard to see that it is struggling in all aspects and this stress is passed down from head office to management to employees.

Management refuses to correct mistakes or take rightful action when a problem arises and this always results in constant drama, problems and pettiness. A very unhealthy work environment and a complete disregard to availability and hours. They do not respect school and will do a horrible job "accommodating" your schedule.

They sell damaged tattered clothing and will tell you to put stained clothing that has clearly not been taken care of back on the floor for some unknowing customer to purchase.

DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Poor Management/Backbiting Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL18 October 2018
Exceeded Sales goals regularly considering they were very high for the hours worked. But was terminated for not being a “fit”. Not a good enough reason given when let go. If you asked me I think you can smell jealously. I feel highly discriminated against and nobody seems to care when it comes to the company it self. Very unprofessional. Training could have been better as well. You just don’t expect employees to know how to do everything in a few weeks. Everyone learns differently.
Please turn off the fake attitude and be genuine. People know the difference. If you needed medical days off by the doctor it’s required “two weeks” notice. How unrealistic is that. Just overall not a comfortable place to work where you can be yourself. Very cliquish ! I’m glad I’m out of there anyway.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management, Catty Coworkers, Discrimination
Not a good company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 October 2018
Upper management is clicky and make you feel stupid. If you are not a "yes" person or if want to have your opinion matter do not work for this company
Pros
Discount
Cons
Awful upper management
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 August 2018
I enjoyed my time with this company, the management were accommodating to its employees, always helped when we needed shifts changed or time off for personal reasons. The large amount of coworkers made it feel like a giant family.
Pros
hour breaks, easy going environment, discount
Cons
short shifts, pressure, not diverse enough
Stressful and Belittling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 July 2018
Management is terrible. From my experience, my manager would always talked behind other coworkers backs. Unfortunately, district management would do nothing about it. If you didn’t make enough sales for the week you were written as a Low Baller for the whole staff to see, which made me feel terrible (at the time i worked 4 hours one week) . If you ask for time off you risked losing your hours and we’re on the back burner until management decided otherwise. There was good times where i genuinely felt like a family, but realized that it was built on lies as my manager would talk negatively behind my back. Every time I walked into work i felt like i was going to get in trouble because of the gossip that was going around, and ironically they make you sign that you won’t gossip at work and Pseudio is known for that. In simpler terms, it’s an easy job if you can make the sales (its unrealistic sometimes. if you work 4 hours you have to make 800 dollars and if you don’t, management makes you feel belittled for not doing so) but if you can’t handle gossip and drama, it’s not the job for you.

On the plus side, it was easy work. the rest of the staff was usually pretty good. the discount was nice because Pseudio sells trendy clothes. If you’re on the managers good side you’ll get hours and form a good relationship with management. Staff parties were fun, I did have fun while working but at the same time, i felt belittled. I no longer work at pseudio, and i’ll tell you that i’m happier not working at pseudio.
Pros
Occasional contests where you could win things (jeans, gift cards, etc) depending on your sales
Cons
drama and gossip
Worst Environment I’ve Worked In
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maritimes3 May 2018
The in store management acted like they were your friends but would constantly talk about all employees behind their backs. They would also give the employees all the work while they did what the want and would talk together behind the counter.
There were no benefits and you could only take two sick days a year, which is very unrealistic when working with the public since you are constantly interacting with people who shop while sick on a daily basis.
Highly competitive atmosphere. Sales would get stolen so that other employees could reach their daily goals, that were usually always unrealistic.
They let people go if they don’t fit in to their little “clique” or will let someone go so that management could hire a friend of theirs.
The only thing good about this job was the discount, but the clothes are really overpriced anyway.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Terrible
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 March 2018
Terrible management and poor company.

Goals were too high to achieve especially when the other staff would steal sales from each other.

Poor Training and then would get upset because sales would be low.

Very cliquey group.

Had poor excuses when firing me.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Barely any hours, too high of goals, poor management and training. Etc
Stay away from head office...total nightmare.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2018
I left a stable job for a position at the head office for Pseudio. I know it sounds cool, but trust me, this job is NOT what you think it's going to be.

This place is completely chaotic and disorganized. Everyone is completely maxed out because they expect their employees to meet unreasonable workloads in record-breaking time. The environment is tense and uncomfortable.

I signed a contract stating I would be working 40 hours a week on salary but within 2 weeks it became clear I was expected to work 60 hours while getting paid for 40. This includes working from home on evenings and weekends. If my salary hadn't have been an actual hilarious joke, this would be understandable, but they want to get away with working you into the ground and paying you the equivalent of minimum wage for university education positions.

Benefits are a joke. You only get two sick days a YEAR...so yeah, better whip your body into shape and make sure you don't get the flu. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your lunch break...it doesn't happen here.

Inadequate set-up and equipment made it hard to complete work up to their impossible standards, but somehow everything's still your fault. Add on a lack of regular scheduled meetings, a negative workplace culture, and petty, demeaning management, and you've got yourself a real nightmare.

I was warned about this company before I started and I didn't listen. Keep looking...there's so much better out there for your skill level. You don't deserve the stress.
Pros
Looks good on paper
Cons
Impossible expectations, disorganized and chaotic, rude management
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 June 2017
It was okay for a retail job but the daily goals were too high and the management was just awful, hopefully it has gotten better since I worked there!
Worst Job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2017
Full of false promises and do not deal with issues when they arise. They care more about making money then their employees. They hire management without experience and let them treat the sales associates poorly
Pros
The other sales associates i worked with were great
Cons
Managment in store and in the company are liars
Rewarding work for a great company!
Coordinator, Head Office (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
I've been with the company for about 2 1/12 years and I feel like I'm still learning every day, which is important to me. The opportunity to work for the head office of a national retailer while still living in Halifax is something I really love about this job.

Pseudio is a small company at heart, so I feel like my voice is heard and that my opinions are valued. Expectations are high but it's worth the effort. The owners/management genuinely care about their employees; I have found them to be accommodating and very encouraging of personal growth.

No two days are entirely the same and my work week flies by.
Pros
Lovely coworkers, Employee Discount
Awesome environment with helpful and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 February 2017
Excellent place to be employed, very friendly head office,great benefits, supportive management, room for growth, learned a lot about sales and the retail world
Pros
fun environment, rewarding, good pay
Stay away from this gong show
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2017
What a nightmare. Constant turnover, management included. No communication, rediculous business practices. And upper management.... wow.

This company has no idea what it's doing, or how to treat its employees.
Pros
Cons
You name it
fun place at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
nice place to work, cool, team members. Helpfull district manager. The work environment could be challenging sometimes with regards to the companies policies, especially for managers.
Pros
good management
Cons
unstable job
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL27 December 2016
The people I worked with were great but the upper management are horrible. They are rude,snotty and have no respect or appreciation for their employees. Their employee discounts are a joke considering they want you to wear their brands. Clothing way over priced n we actully had to take original price tags off and up the price on some products. If a product is damaged and you notice it you are told to put it back on the shelf and sell it anyways. Worst company ever to work for.
Pros
Leaving
Amazing Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS13 November 2016
I worked for this store as an assistant manager for a little under a year and a half. I have many years of retail experience and this was by far the best company I have worked for.

I loved that my manager included me on almost all decisions made for the store, as we were allowed to create our own visual changes and request our own stock which fit to our particular customers for each store location. Focus was on customer service and being "personal shoppers" for the customers.

All staff was required to reach their own sales goals which were a bit intimidating. It was a small store in a mall which was continually losing stores so slow customer traffic was always an issue; if there wasn't enough customers then it was harder to make sales goals. Managers will work with associates to improve their skills and learn, part timers are never left to "wing it".

My part time staff was amazing, they all worked very hard to reach their goals and were upbeat and fun. It was very laid back and we all worked amazingly well as a team. We had company contests as well as a budget for our own store contests that we could create each month, which made for some fun competition!

I loved our products; Pseudio always tried to carry local brands from around the maritimes, as well as popular designer names.I was proud to sell the clothing. However, because it was pricey, I could only afford it because of my (awesome) discount.

The only reason I left was because I changed provinces. Highly recommended, but the store is quite choosy on who they hire; so if you do apply make sure you act professional
  more... and dress nicely.  less
Pros
Awesome staff, empowering environment, great products, nice discount, great head office staff
Cons
long hours, short lunch, high sales goals, higher management (not seen frequently)