Pseudio Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

I wouldn’t work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 March 2019
Hey!

Sorry to be a bummer, but the entire company is pretty unorganized. It’s a shame, given the fact that some staff are really pleasant to work with. However the pros do not outweigh the cons, at all... The cheap owners never really give much incentive - for how hard they expect you to work and sell. You could very well get top sales in the entire company for the year, and barely get recognized for it. Your efforts are pretty much wasted here.

Also if you enjoy having rights as a human and an employee, probably not the place for you. They blatantly break labour laws (especially regarding breaks) and will just phase you out if you bring it to their attention. They don’t seem to have any intention on improving their work environment anytime soon, where as it keeps happening time and time again..

The petty drama in this specific location is enevitable, where as it stems from management getting frustrated with staff, and then venting to everyone instead of actually fixing any issues 1 on 1. They don’t seem to take any issues seriously, which ends up making you feel really unvalued. When the district managers come for store visits, it really doesn’t seem like much happens then either. The in-store management just keep getting away with being super passive aggressive towards staff. I didn’t feel as though it was my responsibility to ensure management was in a “good mood” in order to feel comfortable talking to them during my shift. This was a daily occurrence.

Hanging out with customers was normally quite fun, some of the staff were really cool, and the discount was
  more... good compared to some other places (minus the fact that you’re basically obligated to buy an entire new wardrobe to “rep” the company - which adds up trust me) However, I personally would not work there again unless some drastic changes were made!

Anyway best of luck, hopefully you find somewhere that appreciates you on a daily basis! Xo
Pros
Typically nice-ish customers
Cons
Management needs to change their approach
Never apply here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 December 2018
I have worked many part time jobs in various provinces throughout my life and I can honestly say that Pseudio in the Avalon Mall is the worst store I have ever had the displeasure of working for. I do not recommend this job to anyone. Do not apply here at any cost. The management has little to no respect for their employees. Management bullies part time staff, especially students, and genuinely makes their time working at Pseudio a nightmare. Favoritism is undoubtedly a factor between management and sales associates. The ones deemed the “favorites” will have a pleasurable experience whilst the “rejects” (being the majority) will be miserable each and every shift. I can honestly say I cried on the way to work, and on the way home after almost every shift. I felt alienated from my first shift there,and would have left much earlier had another job opportunity come up. If you are booked during “busy” days such as Black Friday, 20% off day, etc. please expect to be given insufficient breaks that are concealed by them not allowing you to punch out until your shift is finished. If a problem arises between yourself and a member of management, expect to be ignored. The problem will not be dealt with, and will therefore continue to cause you stress. If you are a student, expect to be given a 30-40 hour work week despite your request for less hours, due to the fact that this company cares more about profit than your well-being. This company operates using unrealistic sales goals (without commission) which have caused many unhealthy rifts between sales associates due to an excessively competitive  more... environment. If you do not perform to their “standard”, expect to get laid off before somebody with several months less experience than you. This company is a disappointment, and does not deserve to be in business.  less
Pros
Discount is 50% off
Cons
Everything else
Co workers great company and management suck
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 December 2018
The other team members (other sales associate and stock people) were amazing and make the job so much easier and fun but managemt is very Clicky.

If you have a problem with someone and you go to your management nothing will be done, they may get talked to 5 million times but no further actions will be done.

This company expects you to work a million hours no matter what your doing so if your a student and say 3 shift and 15-20 hours expect 4 shifts and 30-40 hours. Also after Christmas from about January-March expect 5-10 hours a week

This place does also not follow labour laws so when you work a 12 hour shift during Christmas and are required two hours of break your not gonna get them!

The place can be very competitive as there are personal sale goals and the goals can be very unrealistic and you are expected to make them no matter the conditions.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 August 2018
I enjoyed my time with this company, the management were accommodating to its employees, always helped when we needed shifts changed or time off for personal reasons. The large amount of coworkers made it feel like a giant family.
Pros
hour breaks, easy going environment, discount
Cons
short shifts, pressure, not diverse enough