Pseudio Employee Reviews in Halifax, NS

Excellent place to work!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 January 2019
I've worked at Pseudio for the past 5 years. I started as a key holder, moved up over the years, & now I oversee a district. With our company being smaller & local, there is lots of room to grow if you know your passion. This company is quick to give a high 5 and recognize hard work. Looking forward to continuing my career with such an amazing group of people.
Positive work place!
Head of Visual Planning (Current Employee) –  halifax ns10 January 2019
I've worked at pseudio for almost 7 years, from working at store level to working my way to head office. This company proves if you work hard for them, they work hard for you in return! I've learned so much over the past few years in many departments and have been able to grow and better my skill set! Working for PSEUDIO is unlike any company I've ever worked for in such a positive way!!
Stay away from head office...total nightmare.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2018
I left a stable job for a position at the head office for Pseudio. I know it sounds cool, but trust me, this job is NOT what you think it's going to be.

This place is completely chaotic and disorganized. Everyone is completely maxed out because they expect their employees to meet unreasonable workloads in record-breaking time. The environment is tense and uncomfortable.

I signed a contract stating I would be working 40 hours a week on salary but within 2 weeks it became clear I was expected to work 60 hours while getting paid for 40. This includes working from home on evenings and weekends. If my salary hadn't have been an actual hilarious joke, this would be understandable, but they want to get away with working you into the ground and paying you the equivalent of minimum wage for university education positions.

Benefits are a joke. You only get two sick days a YEAR...so yeah, better whip your body into shape and make sure you don't get the flu. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your lunch break...it doesn't happen here.

Inadequate set-up and equipment made it hard to complete work up to their impossible standards, but somehow everything's still your fault. Add on a lack of regular scheduled meetings, a negative workplace culture, and petty, demeaning management, and you've got yourself a real nightmare.

I was warned about this company before I started and I didn't listen. Keep looking...there's so much better out there for your skill level. You don't deserve the stress.
Pros
Looks good on paper
Cons
Impossible expectations, disorganized and chaotic, rude management
Rewarding work for a great company!
Coordinator, Head Office (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
I've been with the company for about 2 1/12 years and I feel like I'm still learning every day, which is important to me. The opportunity to work for the head office of a national retailer while still living in Halifax is something I really love about this job.

Pseudio is a small company at heart, so I feel like my voice is heard and that my opinions are valued. Expectations are high but it's worth the effort. The owners/management genuinely care about their employees; I have found them to be accommodating and very encouraging of personal growth.

No two days are entirely the same and my work week flies by.
Pros
Lovely coworkers, Employee Discount
Awesome environment with helpful and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 February 2017
Excellent place to be employed, very friendly head office,great benefits, supportive management, room for growth, learned a lot about sales and the retail world
Pros
fun environment, rewarding, good pay
Terrible company to work for unless your related to someone that works there
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 August 2016
Worst management ever. Everything is disorganized. They will do anything to make everything look like your fault. And find any kind of reason to get you in trouble. Worst job EVER
Pros
None.
Cons
Great place to learn new skills about retail and business!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 July 2016
Worked in Management for a long time at this company and had to leave due to moving provinces! I absolutely loved wokring for non coporate and voicing my thoughts on product and visual! I had an impact on what my customers saw and felt when they came into my store! Head Office is great too! Lots of incentives with contests! You have to love talking to people to like working here, sales are huge! Overall my favorite store I've worked in!
Pros
contests, discount, creativity, people
Cons
high sales expectations