Pseudio Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 January 2019
I've worked at Pseudio for the past 5 years. I started as a key holder, moved up over the years, & now I oversee a district. With our company being smaller & local, there is lots of room to grow if you know your passion. This company is quick to give a high 5 and recognize hard work. Looking forward to continuing my career with such an amazing group of people.
Positive work place!
Head of Visual Planning (Current Employee) –  halifax ns10 January 2019
I've worked at pseudio for almost 7 years, from working at store level to working my way to head office. This company proves if you work hard for them, they work hard for you in return! I've learned so much over the past few years in many departments and have been able to grow and better my skill set! Working for PSEUDIO is unlike any company I've ever worked for in such a positive way!!
Never apply here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 December 2018
I have worked many part time jobs in various provinces throughout my life and I can honestly say that Pseudio in the Avalon Mall is the worst store I have ever had the displeasure of working for. I do not recommend this job to anyone. Do not apply here at any cost. The management has little to no respect for their employees. Management bullies part time staff, especially students, and genuinely makes their time working at Pseudio a nightmare. Favoritism is undoubtedly a factor between management and sales associates. The ones deemed the “favorites” will have a pleasurable experience whilst the “rejects” (being the majority) will be miserable each and every shift. I can honestly say I cried on the way to work, and on the way home after almost every shift. I felt alienated from my first shift there,and would have left much earlier had another job opportunity come up. If you are booked during “busy” days such as Black Friday, 20% off day, etc. please expect to be given insufficient breaks that are concealed by them not allowing you to punch out until your shift is finished. If a problem arises between yourself and a member of management, expect to be ignored. The problem will not be dealt with, and will therefore continue to cause you stress. If you are a student, expect to be given a 30-40 hour work week despite your request for less hours, due to the fact that this company cares more about profit than your well-being. This company operates using unrealistic sales goals (without commission) which have caused many unhealthy rifts between sales associates due to an excessively competitive  more... environment. If you do not perform to their “standard”, expect to get laid off before somebody with several months less experience than you. This company is a disappointment, and does not deserve to be in business.  less
Pros
Discount is 50% off
Cons
Everything else
Subpar
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador12 December 2018
The store operates very poorly and it is not hard to see that it is struggling in all aspects and this stress is passed down from head office to management to employees.

Management refuses to correct mistakes or take rightful action when a problem arises and this always results in constant drama, problems and pettiness. A very unhealthy work environment and a complete disregard to availability and hours. They do not respect school and will do a horrible job "accommodating" your schedule.

They sell damaged tattered clothing and will tell you to put stained clothing that has clearly not been taken care of back on the floor for some unknowing customer to purchase.

DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Poor Management/Backbiting Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL18 October 2018
Exceeded Sales goals regularly considering they were very high for the hours worked. But was terminated for not being a “fit”. Not a good enough reason given when let go. If you asked me I think you can smell jealously. I feel highly discriminated against and nobody seems to care when it comes to the company it self. Very unprofessional. Training could have been better as well. You just don’t expect employees to know how to do everything in a few weeks. Everyone learns differently.
Please turn off the fake attitude and be genuine. People know the difference. If you needed medical days off by the doctor it’s required “two weeks” notice. How unrealistic is that. Just overall not a comfortable place to work where you can be yourself. Very cliquish ! I’m glad I’m out of there anyway.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management, Catty Coworkers, Discrimination
Not a good company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 October 2018
Upper management is clicky and make you feel stupid. If you are not a "yes" person or if want to have your opinion matter do not work for this company
Pros
Discount
Cons
Awful upper management
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 August 2018
I enjoyed my time with this company, the management were accommodating to its employees, always helped when we needed shifts changed or time off for personal reasons. The large amount of coworkers made it feel like a giant family.
Pros
hour breaks, easy going environment, discount
Cons
short shifts, pressure, not diverse enough
Stressful and Belittling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 July 2018
Management is terrible. From my experience, my manager would always talked behind other coworkers backs. Unfortunately, district management would do nothing about it. If you didn’t make enough sales for the week you were written as a Low Baller for the whole staff to see, which made me feel terrible (at the time i worked 4 hours one week) . If you ask for time off you risked losing your hours and we’re on the back burner until management decided otherwise. There was good times where i genuinely felt like a family, but realized that it was built on lies as my manager would talk negatively behind my back. Every time I walked into work i felt like i was going to get in trouble because of the gossip that was going around, and ironically they make you sign that you won’t gossip at work and Pseudio is known for that. In simpler terms, it’s an easy job if you can make the sales (its unrealistic sometimes. if you work 4 hours you have to make 800 dollars and if you don’t, management makes you feel belittled for not doing so) but if you can’t handle gossip and drama, it’s not the job for you.

On the plus side, it was easy work. the rest of the staff was usually pretty good. the discount was nice because Pseudio sells trendy clothes. If you’re on the managers good side you’ll get hours and form a good relationship with management. Staff parties were fun, I did have fun while working but at the same time, i felt belittled. I no longer work at pseudio, and i’ll tell you that i’m happier not working at pseudio.
Pros
Occasional contests where you could win things (jeans, gift cards, etc) depending on your sales
Cons
drama and gossip
Worst Environment I’ve Worked In
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maritimes3 May 2018
The in store management acted like they were your friends but would constantly talk about all employees behind their backs. They would also give the employees all the work while they did what the want and would talk together behind the counter.
There were no benefits and you could only take two sick days a year, which is very unrealistic when working with the public since you are constantly interacting with people who shop while sick on a daily basis.
Highly competitive atmosphere. Sales would get stolen so that other employees could reach their daily goals, that were usually always unrealistic.
They let people go if they don’t fit in to their little “clique” or will let someone go so that management could hire a friend of theirs.
The only thing good about this job was the discount, but the clothes are really overpriced anyway.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Terrible
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 March 2018
Terrible management and poor company.

Goals were too high to achieve especially when the other staff would steal sales from each other.

Poor Training and then would get upset because sales would be low.

Very cliquey group.

Had poor excuses when firing me.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Barely any hours, too high of goals, poor management and training. Etc
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL26 February 2018
Great place to work, gives you opportunity to grow, but working as a manager its a lot of pressure and a lot of responsilibity. They should definitely pay you more for the tasks that they give you and what kind of pressures you have to deal with on a daily basis as well.
Little to no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL30 January 2018
Promises that cant be met. Not enough hours,work days are very slow not christmas though. Some of the workers are great and others are not. Discount is ok but could be better. Not enough buisness for very priced items.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No hours poor pay
Stay away from head office...total nightmare.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2018
I left a stable job for a position at the head office for Pseudio. I know it sounds cool, but trust me, this job is NOT what you think it's going to be.

This place is completely chaotic and disorganized. Everyone is completely maxed out because they expect their employees to meet unreasonable workloads in record-breaking time. The environment is tense and uncomfortable.

I signed a contract stating I would be working 40 hours a week on salary but within 2 weeks it became clear I was expected to work 60 hours while getting paid for 40. This includes working from home on evenings and weekends. If my salary hadn't have been an actual hilarious joke, this would be understandable, but they want to get away with working you into the ground and paying you the equivalent of minimum wage for university education positions.

Benefits are a joke. You only get two sick days a YEAR...so yeah, better whip your body into shape and make sure you don't get the flu. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your lunch break...it doesn't happen here.

Inadequate set-up and equipment made it hard to complete work up to their impossible standards, but somehow everything's still your fault. Add on a lack of regular scheduled meetings, a negative workplace culture, and petty, demeaning management, and you've got yourself a real nightmare.

I was warned about this company before I started and I didn't listen. Keep looking...there's so much better out there for your skill level. You don't deserve the stress.
Pros
Looks good on paper
Cons
Impossible expectations, disorganized and chaotic, rude management
Fun, energetic
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL14 August 2017
I absolutely Loved working with the team! we became one big family. Everyone was so friendly and the company was amazing! It was my home away from home.
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 June 2017
It was okay for a retail job but the daily goals were too high and the management was just awful, hopefully it has gotten better since I worked there!
Best company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB21 June 2017
Pseudio is by far the best company I have ever worked for. It feels so good knowing that I can pick up the phone and call anyone at head office, and get an answer right away. They take everyone and their options very seriously, making it easier to become a successful leader. Being on the west end of the company has definitely been a learning experience, but we have the best district manager who is always there to lend a helping hand or support. She's truly amazing. Just like Pseudio itself.
Pros
Great benefits, discount, people, support system, district manager
Cons
I have no complaints :)
amazing clothes, amazing people, amazing company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
I love fashion so working here was the place for me. They stay right on top of trends so we always had the best selection. The staff are all so nice! The premise they work on is that they sell cool clothes, to good people and listen to great music and that is exactly what it was!
Pros
great team, flexible hours, good wages, awesome staff discount
Good work experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2017
Was let go because I couldn't make enough sales with the 4 hours/week I was given on the least busy night at the mall, there was genuinely no way of realistically reaching goals set by others. Business is business though.
Worst Job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2017
Full of false promises and do not deal with issues when they arise. They care more about making money then their employees. They hire management without experience and let them treat the sales associates poorly
Pros
The other sales associates i worked with were great
Cons
Managment in store and in the company are liars
fun work place, good people to work with
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL6 March 2017
fun work place that gave me a chance to enhance my customer service skills and overcome my shyness. was often slow and found it hard to keep myself busy.
Pros
great work mates
Cons
not very busy/ boring