Pseudio

Pseudio Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
Pseudio is a great place to work. It is fairly competitive because all employees are given a goal to reach each shift and some days are harder than others to reach that goal. They gave a good discount to employees and if you have a passion for style and clothes the job is a lot of fun. Shopping with customers and mix matching outfits is a great way to pass the time and makes shifts very quick.
Loved working at Pseudio! I miss my team so much!!! I only left because I went on mat leave and moved to another city! Id work there again in a heartbeat
Learned how to upsell, network, and merchandise store. Discounts were good but hours and benefits were not. No guarantee for permanency or full-time availability.
With over 15 Years in Retail and Retail management with foundations in the cosmetology industry. I have finally found my home! I have worked with this amazing and ever growing company for seven years, Started as a key holder and with the help of coworkers, mentors ,dedication and hard work I am currently overseeing / supporting seven locations. Coming from an entrepreneurial family I do not necessarily have to work " for someone else" But rather prefer to be here, as we can run our stores as we "own" them. The culture is absolutely different from most retailers as you have 100% control over your growth and success with Pseudio based off individual drive, passion and efforts. Coworkers in my experience have been just as passionate and dedicated as myself from head office to store level the vibe is very similar.. hard working and dedicated ! While a want/Need for personal growth, Independence and a business owner mind set would be asset for most management to excel within the company. I have never lacked support in any of my roles while on my journey with Pseudio, From other store managers to the very "top of the ladder". So nice to be a name and not an employee number. I have always felt my hard work was encouraged, noticed, and compensated for.
Work and personal life balance was always just right for me and if anything was needed out of the norm I have witnessed nothing but compassion and willingness to further support. In closing I believe this is a great company to grow with. From Stylist positions to Management the development is here if the passion is. As all places of
 - more...
almost like a family. Everybody looks out for each other and everybody are welcoming. Management was always understanding if there was any issues. Loved working there would definitely go back.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
hour cuts when work is not busy
I started working at Pseudio as a part time sales associate in 2105 and grew to become a member of their buying team at head office. I have really enjoyed my 5 years with the company, and all of the different roles I have worked. There is so much room for growth with Pseudio!
Poor management, loved the job, very very slow paced as of business. Allot of cleaning and organizing to be done! Overall a nice place to work. Needs improvement on pay
I've been recognized by the company multiple times for my success! They offer really great training tools and the Head Office is very easy to talk to and you talk directly to departments. If you are passionate about something they offer you more responsibility in that area! The team is like a family and my Manager and DM have taught me so much! And the discount is awesome!
I worked in the Head Office for over a year and it was a true nightmare. There is absolutely no room for growth, and everyone is extremely clicky. They hire for ALL the wrong reasons (such as your Instagram account) rather than your skills and qualifications.
The salary they offer is truly hilarious, I’m not even sure where they come up with the number. I would truly avoid working here - it’s terrible.
They give you alot of false hope, not worth it, very "clicky" and pick "favorites" - some great coaching tools for training, otherwise its trash working here is fine but too pushy when it comes to sales focus.
I currently work for Pseudio and have for the past 14 years. I began as part time and moved on up to an Area Manager position. When you work hard for them they work hard for you! Working at Pseudio is unlike any other retailer. You’re not just an employee number here. You’re truly valued for the hard work you put in. The owners and h.o team are amazing and the culture is very positive.
I worked here for about 7 months and it was my favorite job yet. Everyone is so friendly and genuinely interesting. I personally had about four or five different managers during my time there, but they were all competent and personable. Loved working here.
Very enjoyable; great atmosphere and encouraging management. The hardest part of the job could be meeting sales goals if in a smaller town, best part is helping people, even in a small way.
Head office is a version of "mean girls" where they hire and judge staff based on looks and not skill. They hire based on your instagram account. They worry more about their appearance online and not about the actual store or staff. The store manager and co manager are clicky and make everyone uncomfortable and spend no time on the sale floor. They sit out back and complain. They complain about no one doing their job and they break so many company rules. The staff is okay. People always call in sick because the schedule only helps out people the manager likes. The store is a mess. The supervisors just judge everyone and don't do their job. The sales associates are the ones who do the work. The manager doesn't believe in raises and head office doesn't offer them. You can make so much for the company and get nothing back.
If you value your mental health you will stay away.
Management is young and petty.
Had a new DM come in and basically pit everyone against eachother, she also fired our manager because she came in and shook hands with her once and then proceeded to tell staff members that she needs to get rid of her because she just doesnt like her.

She was also jumping up and down and clapping getting excited in preperation for the managers firing
Head office is very slow paced when it comes to technology/benefits/vacation/sick time (you get two days..for the year...then the rest gets taken from your vacation time so don't get sick!! ) The head office is very unorganized and not cohesive at all with policys. Upper management is extremely cliquey and you have to have a certain "look" to be able to work there or it won't work out. They will promise you the world and tell you how great you are. Job security is not a thing at PSEUDIO. If you don't perform/ if they don't like you they will demote you or try to get you out through written warnings for things you didn't even know you could get written up for. I have never worked for such a dis organized company and let me tell you....its not something you can come in and fix. I honestly can't see this company even making it another ten years, unless H/O starts getting there act together and makes appropriate changes and adheres to actual NOVA SCOTIA labour laws. PS. you only have a half hour break each day ( 9 hour shift ) and if you are working an event day you are expected to work a 12 hour shift. I loved some of the co workers and I loved the discount. Everything else was just not up to par with other retail companies.
My over all review working at Pseudio is for the most part very enjoy-able. When first hired there were lots of hours and the whole team was friendly and team players! The hours started to get inconsistent and i could no longer support my lifestyle working for this company. I loved the brands this store carries, the only difficult part is only one person is usually assigned to stock and if you're gone a day it can build up.
Pros
The Discount
Cons
Inconsistent hours
I enjoyed my time managing Pseudio. If it wasn’t for falling sick at the time I would still be there. Great pay, great company, and awesome staff!
A good company to grow and learn from. Starting off as a shy sales associate this company helps you come out of your shell and gain confidence. The team is one big family and the management is great! Very accommodating when you need a shift changed even in short notice! The best company I have worked for!
Each day was fun
I learnt how to deal with cash

Learnt how to do management

Learnt how to deescalate mad customers

workplace was pretty easy to get used to

the people were pretty nice

hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and shop lifters

best part of the job was the co workers and learning a lot about fashion
Pros
great clothing and great environment
Cons
can be extremely slow and sometimes very boring
I started at this company almost two years ago and I have nothing but awesome things to say. If you work hard it won't go unnoticed by upper management. They have been more than great to offer me positions to further my career within the company. An awesome atmosphere and great support from other management / head office employees.
Pros
discount
Cons
none!