Pseudio Employee Reviews

stay away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 April 2018
6 people quit in the span of a month due to management, being treated poorly, the negative environment, etc from the store i worked at including myself and no one from upper management sees a problem with it or is not doing anything to fix it. so if that doesn’t tell you anything about how they treat the employees and how much they don’t care that they keep loosing employees to management then i don’t know.
Cons
management
Not all what it’s made out to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 April 2018
at first it’s made out to be a happy, positive, you can talk to anyone about anything environment until you’re about a month in and you are treated differently (hours cut, given attitude, talked down to) for bringing up problems (stolen sales, hours constantly fluctuating, etc) that could have easily been resolved.
hours cut majorly for being sick or having “to many returns”.
always was told about the stuff management would say behind your back.
goals were insanely high some days when there was little to no traffic in the mall or store but are still expected to make them.
a very negative and fake environment.
never rewarded for your accomplishments, they’re always finding something wrong with what you do/did.
basically wanting you to nag customers until they tell you to go away.
employees constantly complaining on what’s been done or said to them from management.
went to head office about how bad of an environment everyone had to work in, was laughed at and they made no effort to make it better for anyone.
could careless about employees when they are sick, have concerns or going through something.
if you try but can’t achieve all your weekly goal, apt or upt, they say that they want you to either have made weekly sales or have high apt/upt but will write you up if you didn’t do all 3. will get mad and make comments that you made your goal but only by so much.
just finding little things to pick at you about.
mainly it’s management at the store, district management and head office/upper management that make the whole experience terrible.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Terrible
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 March 2018
Terrible management and poor company.

Goals were too high to achieve especially when the other staff would steal sales from each other.

Poor Training and then would get upset because sales would be low.

Very cliquey group.

Had poor excuses when firing me.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Barely any hours, too high of goals, poor management and training. Etc
Little to no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL30 January 2018
Promises that cant be met. Not enough hours,work days are very slow not christmas though. Some of the workers are great and others are not. Discount is ok but could be better. Not enough buisness for very priced items.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No hours poor pay
Stay away from head office...total nightmare.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2018
I left a stable job for a position at the head office for Pseudio. I know it sounds cool, but trust me, this job is NOT what you think it's going to be.

This place is completely chaotic and disorganized. Everyone is completely maxed out because they expect their employees to meet unreasonable workloads in record-breaking time. The environment is tense and uncomfortable.

I signed a contract stating I would be working 40 hours a week on salary but within 2 weeks it became clear I was expected to work 60 hours while getting paid for 40. This includes working from home on evenings and weekends. If my salary hadn't have been an actual hilarious joke, this would be understandable, but they want to get away with working you into the ground and paying you the equivalent of minimum wage for university education positions.

Benefits are a joke. You only get two sick days a YEAR...so yeah, better whip your body into shape and make sure you don't get the flu. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your lunch break...it doesn't happen here.

Inadequate set-up and equipment made it hard to complete work up to their impossible standards, but somehow everything's still your fault. Add on a lack of regular scheduled meetings, a negative workplace culture, and petty, demeaning management, and you've got yourself a real nightmare.

I was warned about this company before I started and I didn't listen. Keep looking...there's so much better out there for your skill level. You don't deserve the stress.
Pros
Looks good on paper
Cons
Impossible expectations, disorganized and chaotic, rude management
Fun, energetic
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL14 August 2017
I absolutely Loved working with the team! we became one big family. Everyone was so friendly and the company was amazing! It was my home away from home.
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 June 2017
It was okay for a retail job but the daily goals were too high and the management was just awful, hopefully it has gotten better since I worked there!
Best company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB21 June 2017
Pseudio is by far the best company I have ever worked for. It feels so good knowing that I can pick up the phone and call anyone at head office, and get an answer right away. They take everyone and their options very seriously, making it easier to become a successful leader. Being on the west end of the company has definitely been a learning experience, but we have the best district manager who is always there to lend a helping hand or support. She's truly amazing. Just like Pseudio itself.
Pros
Great benefits, discount, people, support system, district manager
Cons
I have no complaints :)
amazing clothes, amazing people, amazing company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
I love fashion so working here was the place for me. They stay right on top of trends so we always had the best selection. The staff are all so nice! The premise they work on is that they sell cool clothes, to good people and listen to great music and that is exactly what it was!
Pros
great team, flexible hours, good wages, awesome staff discount
Good work experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2017
Was let go because I couldn't make enough sales with the 4 hours/week I was given on the least busy night at the mall, there was genuinely no way of realistically reaching goals set by others. Business is business though.
Worst Job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2017
Full of false promises and do not deal with issues when they arise. They care more about making money then their employees. They hire management without experience and let them treat the sales associates poorly
Pros
The other sales associates i worked with were great
Cons
Managment in store and in the company are liars
fun work place, good people to work with
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL6 March 2017
fun work place that gave me a chance to enhance my customer service skills and overcome my shyness. was often slow and found it hard to keep myself busy.
Pros
great work mates
Cons
not very busy/ boring
Rewarding work for a great company!
Coordinator, Head Office (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
I've been with the company for about 2 1/12 years and I feel like I'm still learning every day, which is important to me. The opportunity to work for the head office of a national retailer while still living in Halifax is something I really love about this job.

Pseudio is a small company at heart, so I feel like my voice is heard and that my opinions are valued. Expectations are high but it's worth the effort. The owners/management genuinely care about their employees; I have found them to be accommodating and very encouraging of personal growth.

No two days are entirely the same and my work week flies by.
Pros
Lovely coworkers, Employee Discount
Great company to grow with!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS22 February 2017
I started with the company as a stock associate then got promoted to full time staff, then key holder and even got trained how to be assistant manager. This company is all about product knowledge and helping your grow within the company.

The company is still on the smaller side and it really makes you feel like you are part of a family. Wouldn't have left if I didn't have to move away. Overall, great place to work, great starter job and fantastic on helping you build your career in the retail industry.
Pros
Staff that I made lifelong friends with
Cons
Would have liked more hours.
Awesome environment with helpful and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 February 2017
Excellent place to be employed, very friendly head office,great benefits, supportive management, room for growth, learned a lot about sales and the retail world
Pros
fun environment, rewarding, good pay
Stay away from this gong show
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2017
What a nightmare. Constant turnover, management included. No communication, rediculous business practices. And upper management.... wow.

This company has no idea what it's doing, or how to treat its employees.
Pros
Cons
You name it
Fun job with huge work load
Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB15 February 2017
Over all a very fun job if you love customer service and running a business. I learned a lot about organization as you must treat the store as if it was your own. You have a voice in your store. The only con is that they like to hire young students who usually start out with great work ethic and then proceed to spiral downward because between school and working they begin to miss their social life.
Pros
decision making, having a voice, trips, swag
Cons
staff being way too young
fun place at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
nice place to work, cool, team members. Helpfull district manager. The work environment could be challenging sometimes with regards to the companies policies, especially for managers.
Pros
good management
Cons
unstable job
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL27 December 2016
The people I worked with were great but the upper management are horrible. They are rude,snotty and have no respect or appreciation for their employees. Their employee discounts are a joke considering they want you to wear their brands. Clothing way over priced n we actully had to take original price tags off and up the price on some products. If a product is damaged and you notice it you are told to put it back on the shelf and sell it anyways. Worst company ever to work for.
Pros
Leaving
Amazing Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS13 November 2016
I worked for this store as an assistant manager for a little under a year and a half. I have many years of retail experience and this was by far the best company I have worked for.

I loved that my manager included me on almost all decisions made for the store, as we were allowed to create our own visual changes and request our own stock which fit to our particular customers for each store location. Focus was on customer service and being "personal shoppers" for the customers.

All staff was required to reach their own sales goals which were a bit intimidating. It was a small store in a mall which was continually losing stores so slow customer traffic was always an issue; if there wasn't enough customers then it was harder to make sales goals. Managers will work with associates to improve their skills and learn, part timers are never left to "wing it".

My part time staff was amazing, they all worked very hard to reach their goals and were upbeat and fun. It was very laid back and we all worked amazingly well as a team. We had company contests as well as a budget for our own store contests that we could create each month, which made for some fun competition!

I loved our products; Pseudio always tried to carry local brands from around the maritimes, as well as popular designer names.I was proud to sell the clothing. However, because it was pricey, I could only afford it because of my (awesome) discount.

The only reason I left was because I changed provinces. Highly recommended, but the store is quite choosy on who they hire; so if you do apply make sure you act professional
  more... and dress nicely.  less
Pros
Awesome staff, empowering environment, great products, nice discount, great head office staff
Cons
long hours, short lunch, high sales goals, higher management (not seen frequently)