PSAV Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
Great people, horrible pay, stressful job
The people you work with are amazing.. But for a dollar above minimum wage for all of the work & education expected of you is not worth it... Also work dies in winter & without hours I've had to go on income assistance in slow periods.

Pretty high paced stressful environment with time restrictions & meeting immediate troubleshooting needs for clients. Background in Audio/Visual is very helpful because there is no 'pre-training' involved... You learn as you are on site.
directeur régionaux
directeur de région laisse dans l attente des questions importantes
Summary
If you love sound and audio then this is the job for you. The locations you work at are great and the managers and amazing and caring and will try to accommodate your availability and much more. co-workers are fantastic to work with. you will be welcomed
Agréable et stimulante
Bonne compagnie pour nouveau technicien dans l'industrie.
working with high school students is no fun
Very stressful, they hire high school students, you train them and then once they're proficient at their job, they leave because the company does not give care about how much they pay you, managers talk to other employees about you behind your back.
Work environment is very toxic.
Very poor all around
Many promises made by upper management. None of it delivered on. Zero training. Working at a hotel with major egos in their own management (Sheraton Eau Claire, Calgary) is a daily nightmare. Many many many places to work that offer much more than this company. Look elsewhere.
Great Company
We are always able to build a career
Great opportunities

Great team workers

Good benefits

If you are willing to relocate, the company has thousand and thousand of locations over the world
Okay Company
It was an okay company to work for. Nothing bad to say about them. Management, for the most part, is good. Some are worse than others, like in all workplaces
Cons
Long hours, little to no life balance
Stay away...Horrible company
The upper management only care about lining their own pockets. Awful pay for the work that is done. Worst company I have ever worked for and it’s not even close. Stay away!!
Pros
You learn that there is so much better out there.
Cons
Way too many to list
Low pay, Inconsistent hours, Out of touch management
My experience with PSAV has not been positive. I wish I was working somewhere else currently. My hours regularly fluctuate between 60 and 0. This makes it difficult to save money and I am often burned out from what they expect from us.

The company shows little respect to its technicians. And closely guards any benefits for full time staff.

Gear and labour costs are subtracted from the directors commissions so we are often left understaffed working with unmaintained (and dangerous) equipment.. All to give the people at the top a better bonus.
Pros
Direct co-workers are good
Cons
inconsistent hours, hours often changed or cut at last minute, zero hours in down season, low pay, poor management
Productive and efficient use of time
My experience working at PSAV was quite memorable. It is a very high paced job, yet at the same time when you finish your tasks, most you can do is sit and wait until another assignment comes your way.
Cons
Fun location, easy going, low pay, no benefits, no promise of hours.
Ive been working at Psav for nearly 3 years and my experience with the company has been mostly negative.

Psav as a company consistently fails to make its employees feel valued. In my time working here I've seen around 10 techs come and go, sometimes within months, sometimes days, and very few stay more than a year.

The main reason for this is the low pay. Psav pays well below industry standards, especially for people with a relevant education and experience as myself.

Raises are few and small and benefits largely nonexistent.

What benefits they do give are closely guarded, I have been working full time hours for years but they refuse to switch my job profile from "contract employee" to "full time employee" because they don't want to pay for benefits (this isn't hearsay or my opinion, this was said to me directly by my manager during my last evaluation).

Sometimes you have to fight for enough hours to live on and sometimes you will be working 60+ hours a week and still be asked to stay longer.

Organization leaves something to be desired. I'm constantly finding out vital information about changes to shows long after it would have been convenient to implement them.
Pros
Free lunch. Often relaxed work flow.
Cons
Low pay. Inconsistent hours. No support from higher-ups.
It pays the bills
For what is typically paid in the corporate A/V industry, PSAV definitely underpays while also ignoring your work requests. Almost anytime I booked a day off I would be scheduled for work regardless and would have to email the schedule coordinator to have it removed. While some venues are nicer than others they all share the same themes of dis-organized systems and teams of people who regularly dis-regard safety measures to "get 'er done". While this job does have the stability of giving a bi-weekly paycheck, the only people who have the opportunity to move up are the one who are complacent and prioritize selling as much as possible.
Feast or famine
Work your tail off.
Get paid.

Before off for weeks at a time because its profits way before people.

Management fails to fully understand what is happening on the floor. Training is lacking (costs too much?)
Pros
opportunities to learn
Cons
few hours
Not a good place to work, employees exploided by management, high turn-a-round in staff.
Upper management can not be trusted.
Lots of people quitting or getting fired.

Morale very low, under paid, under staffed, pay increases a joke and doesn't keep up with cost of living.

If you are a well qualified tech, have great self esteem and take pride in your work, do not work for PSAV.

The only good thing is you get health benefits after 3 months.
Pros
good place to get your feet wet
Cons
Cons ! too many to mention
Great if you like unorganized.
It was a great job at the beginning, But after a year you see how unprofessional the staff are. Even though professionalism is a main part of this company.

A LOT of time your just standing around trying to look busy while the managers are planning or changing things up last minute.
Pros
not many real pros
Cons
lots of cons
Another AV job
Its just like any other base Av job its all hotel work and the hours are as you can expect. The starting pay is low but if you need some extra cash or need to get a start in the industry these guys are the ones to go to.
not that great
not a very great job. Over worked, underpaid. Not much room for growth. don't really recommend working here. Wish I was doing something else. Really not a fan
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
everything else
Not a good company
Poorly managed, employees are underpaid, low moral amongst technicians. Over worked, not properly trained, horrible customer service, poor relationship with internal/external vendors
Pros
at least some money is being earned
Cons
terrible place to work
Pretty relaxed, good management, great if you like working alone, can be demanding.

I learned a lot from this job and the advancement was continuous. In 2 years of working there I was promoted to assistant manager of a busy downtown location. I subsequently left to follow my own dreams.
Great colleagues
My Experience with this company was awesome to the worst.

The team: Directors from other properties, the entire staff are just awesome people to work with.

But Higher management (in Canada)don't seem to know how to get their gears right.

I've seen properties getting all the necessary equipment, Labour, help they needed. While some others (mostly the remote locations) got nothing as of necessary labour or required help in order to have a healthy work life balance.

I've been awarded with #1 Customer Satisfaction and yet ended up having to work between 80-136h/week because my RVP didn't listen to me when I asked for help/labour.

I loved my work and would go back at any time, but not with the current RVP in place and certainly not under those same conditions.
Pros
Fun enviroment, Great World Wide Company, Decent Pay, Global resource (equipment & esperience Staff)
Cons
Rediculous hours