ProVita Care Management

ProVita Care Management Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews

RN review

The work here is supportive but sometimes management does not communicate in the most professional way. Benefits here are quite poor. For a casual you get no benefits and only 4% payout in vacation pay equalizing 2 weeks if you work full time. Non union envt. envy. employee employee the benefits are not

Poor Management

Disorganized when it comes to health care management. They are just looking after with the schedule even if nurses working 16 hours they doesn't care for resident's health just to fill in vacant shifts. Wound dressing are not sterile that is why wound of some residents were not healing they cannot manage to change dressing at least when it's due. Poor management and health care. If you don't want improvement with your life and career stay with this company.

Collaborative and Supportive Work Environment

Being in the health care field can be a highly stressful and toxic place.An employee can be overwhelmed with challenges that come ever so often, However, the company is rich in educational resources that will help you to become more successful in your field and help you deal with challenges in your job.I am proud to say that the company fosters a great supportive environment among its team members. I would always feel valued and heard by my superiors and colleagues, and of those who may not be working directly with me but supports me from hindsight. Yes, there is a neverending list of negativity and pressure around but I choose to look and magnify ALL that was given and offered, ALL that was given consideration and provided, most of all, ALL that continues to value and support me!

Pros

Staff Appreciation, Good supportive team members, rich professional resources and education

Cons

can deal with challenging clients or workloads

A Growing & Great Organization

When interviewing with Pro Vita I was screened by a lady from theirr office who was lovely & then had an interview with the manager of my site who was so knowledgeable. Within 2 days I had an offer and it's been a great company to work for! Its busy, things are always changing in & there is always something to do, and I love that! I make a real difference evry day and my manager needs me!

Pros

super knowledgeable, great co-workers, & love making a difference

Cons

busy, long hours at times

I really enjoy my residents and the day to day caring of them. My co workers are fabulous.

Very short staffed everyday management doesn’t get back to you very soon. I would like more help with problems that arise on the unit there have been times when we have needed equipment and they refused to give it to us

Pros

Really good staff members

Cons

Short staff, many people leaving and a lot of staff turn over. That is hard for residents and staff

Worst management and worst care manager

There’s no proper communication with the staff. They don’t listen to concers, always short of staff, no overtime pay and no night differential pay. Care staff has is not safe they only care for the payment of residents.

Pros

Cons

No overtime pay, no night differential pay

Poor and very stressful working conditions

I would advise you to stay away from this company, management is very “for profit” oriented, shows no compassion or respect for Care Staff ; My colleagues got fired with no explanations through what management called a “ job fair” , more than a year after getting a full time positions. I resigned my full time as well after I realized that we, the care staff, are not on the list of their priorities. Look for a job anywhere else but not Pro Vita, good luck and all the best !!

Pros

You may get a position fast as many are leaving soon after realizing who they work

Cons

You’ll soon feel sorry you got hired by them

Poor staffing, no support for employees

The staffing here is so poor they expect you to work overtime almost every shift. Cannot call in sick they will pretty much force you to come in. Management is unreliable and provide no support to employees. Overall terrible experience as a new grad. Wish my first job was in a more supportive environment, greatly disappointed & I don’t recommend anyone to bother applying here especially as a new grad. Also the educators are not nice, was pretty much forcing me to work a shift stating that I am a casual for provita and am “expected to pick up shifts.” Which sounds absurd to me as a casual I am not obligated to pick up all shifts.

Cons

Poor staffing. Poor management. Lack of support to employees.

Run

Run as fast as you can. This company has no compassion for employees. More concerned of the clients served even if patient safety is at risk. No proper plan/protocols. Seem to aspire to hire but leave to figure it on your own. Run. Run!!!!

Pros

No perks/ under mercy of clients building

Cons

No perks/ under mercy of clients building

Not a healthy work environment, no advancement,

I made many friends there. I l also enjoyed working with the residents. But the management didn’t care for the staff. They never gave me flexibility with work family life. You almost have to quit just to ask if you can take 1 day off.

Not the greatest to work for.

Provita took over our site and said nothing would change and everything changed. Management ( not new ) have completely changed their culture. Use to be able to go sit and talk with them about workload concerns and feel and be heard. Now you just get a “ya ya “ and nothing changes. On day shift you are given more and more tasks work to do with the same amount of hours and work short and are expected to still get it done. While evening shift remains the same workload.

Wrost and unprofessional manager I ever worked with.

I worked at this site for 3 years. The DOC was great and so was the staff; however, worst manager ever. You have to cover your own shift and even if you find a replacement, you still weren't allowed as they need a two week notice, this also includes personal emergencies as well. When you explain this in not allowed as per you standards of practise, management would harass you. Even if you give a two week noticed you would still get bullied by the manager. The workload is crazy and there is no leniency as staff is worked till they clean the floors. To conclude, if you don't care about nursing and are only in it for the money then work here otherwise look somewhere else.

Bullies , gossip, harassment environment

Provita Care Management,Royal Arch Masonic: This place is the most Toxic work environment. Lots of bullying, discrimination, gossip, harrasement from the top to the button. The management shows favourtism. Horrible management, you will not learn, grow, or continuing education training. They keep all the bad things that happens as a secret. If you are an advocate for the residents or stand up against the bad management , you become their target

Horrible company.

This company IS horrible to work for. They don’t listen to staff, only care about money and residents aren’t being properly cared for, defiantly wouldn’t work

It is fun and I am happy working at Pro Vita.

Working at Pro Vita at the beginning is a little harder. You have to know your co-workers, the management and the residents. But after a while, everything is easy. No pressures and no stress.

Terrible experience

Horrible management, stressful demanding job, no job security for admin. very unorganized. The amount of work is ridiculous, they expect you to know a million things within a couple of days. Fake , stressful environment in office. Worst experience of my life, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Bad experience

Not good pay Company policy so bad if you call in sick you have to find your own replacement and if u call in sick for one day and no appreciation if you work mire to help them

Productive and good team work

When we come in we all know our routine and duty Will organize and team work Management are organized and understanding There's not that much hard job

Pro and cons

Pros: Feels like home to work there. Co-workers make the job easier. Great training ground for new nurses. It will expose you to a lot of things related to improvement of your skills. Cons: Low salary Vacation leave are only 2 weeks Management can do better in supporting and listening to their staff

productive fun place to work great management, co workers and residence and families.

love this place would have continued my career here had i not left to the united States to work as i have duel citizenship. The staff, management are great.

Pros

amazing residents and families

Cons

need more staffing

Great Company

Great company to work for; Site Care Manager is family oriented and considerate. Good benefits; friendly staff members; Overall a good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProVita Care Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9