ProVita Care Management

ProVita Care Management Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
The work here is supportive but sometimes management does not communicate in the most professional way. Benefits here are quite poor. For a casual you get no benefits and only 4% payout in vacation pay equalizing 2 weeks if you work full time. Non union envt.
envy.

employee employee the benefits are not
I made many friends there. I l also enjoyed working with the residents. But the management didn’t care for the staff. They never gave me flexibility with work family life. You almost have to quit just to ask if you can take 1 day off.
Provita took over our site and said nothing would change and everything changed. Management ( not new ) have completely changed their culture. Use to be able to go sit and talk with them about workload concerns and feel and be heard. Now you just get a “ya ya “ and nothing changes. On day shift you are given more and more tasks work to do with the same amount of hours and work short and are expected to still get it done. While evening shift remains the same workload.
I worked at this site for 3 years. The DOC was great and so was the staff; however, worst manager ever. You have to cover your own shift and even if you find a replacement, you still weren't allowed as they need a two week notice, this also includes personal emergencies as well. When you explain this in not allowed as per you standards of practise, management would harass you. Even if you give a two week noticed you would still get bullied by the manager. The workload is crazy and there is no leniency as staff is worked till they clean the floors. To conclude, if you don't care about nursing and are only in it for the money then work here otherwise look somewhere else.
Provita Care Management,Royal Arch Masonic: This place is the most Toxic work environment. Lots of bullying, discrimination, gossip, harrasement from the top to the button. The management shows favourtism. Horrible management, you will not learn, grow, or continuing education training. They keep all the bad things that happens as a secret. If you are an advocate for the residents or stand up against the bad management , you become their target
This company IS horrible to work for. They don’t listen to staff, only care about money and residents aren’t being properly cared for, defiantly wouldn’t work
Working at Pro Vita at the beginning is a little harder. You have to know your co-workers, the management and the residents. But after a while, everything is easy. No pressures and no stress.
Horrible management, stressful demanding job, no job security for admin. very unorganized. The amount of work is ridiculous, they expect you to know a million things within a couple of days. Fake , stressful environment in office. Worst experience of my life, wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Not good pay
Company policy so bad if you call in sick you have to find your own replacement and if u call in sick for one day and no appreciation if you work mire to help them
When we come in we all know our routine and duty
Will organize and team work

Management are organized and understanding

There's not that much hard job
Pros:
Feels like home to work there. Co-workers make the job easier.

Great training ground for new nurses. It will expose you to a lot of things related to improvement of your skills.

Cons:

Low salary

Vacation leave are only 2 weeks

Management can do better in supporting and listening to their staff
love this place would have continued my career here had i not left to the united States to work as i have duel citizenship. The staff, management are great.
Pros
amazing residents and families
Cons
need more staffing
Great company to work for; Site Care Manager is family oriented and considerate. Good benefits; friendly staff members; Overall a good place to work.
There is No employment recognition. Very inconsiderate in allowing regular workers to spend more vacation time considering the cost of transportation. Sick calls for a day needs a doctor’s note 😳. However, the officers are friendly and nice to the staff.
Cons
Work load is not properly distributed, proper supervision in this area is not done
All I can say is that the schedule is a mess. The company changes everything around all the time then wonders why you have a second job. My residents never know who is going to give them care from day to day. Its just a frustrating mess.
Pros
I got hard working colleagues
Cons
Its never a set routine
good place to work at. Kinda gloomy not for long term career. The staff working are very friendly and they help each other out. Some staff dont usually help you unless you are new
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Working in Pro Vita Lynn Valley Care Center is a priveleged for me because from the start till now I enjoyed and liked the work environment.I find them pruductive,caring,considerate and with great team work.Since I started working till now they gave us in service lessons related to our job with certificate and with pay.They always make sure that every shift has the chance to attend it.What i also like is the way they handled work issues and problems.So far working in this company allows me to gained more skills ,knowledge and taught me to love this job more and more and most of all the great thing with this company is they cared for our wellness ,our safety and the chance to prosper in our own field. Also they gave us the chance to re- locate and the chance to know all our co -workers by setting a party.
Pros
Cristmas party
Cons
Vacations sometimes not granted the dates you requested
I was hired by this company after being contracted out from working at Kinsmen Place Lodge. I loved the fact that I still got to work with all my same elders.
Pros
working with the elders
The most enjoyable part of my day is putting the residents to bed. Spending time listening to their stories and life lessons.The hardest part of my day is hen a resident passes away
Pros
Full time line
Cons
no extra hours
Hours can be flexible based on facility expectations.
Your work day can change very quickly based on care needs and role expectations.

Management has high expectations and changes are frequent.

Workplace culture is based on your ability to communicate effectively and ability to get along with the various working partners.

The hardest part of the job is due to role expectation conflict and duties with the facility administration and the management company.

The best part of the job was dealing with the residents needs and staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Horrid staffing level (only 2 staff on days)
Lacking essentials for care

Language barrier with staff (predominantly foreign workers)

Make 4-6 seniors per floor get up between 5-7am every morning due to lack of day staff

Impeccably maintained by other branches of their umbrella cooperation (Westcana) and food provided by Westcana as well. Casuals provided by Care at Home which is also under their umbrella.

They are a private-for-profit company in it for the money.

You will be paid way under unionized sites
Pros
Clean Facility
Cons
Poor staffing levels, lack of native english speakers, overworked, underpaid
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProVita Care Management. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7